Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade Successes 2008

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Sheraton Stockholm

Upgraded from standard room to Superior Suite (true 1 bedroom suite), which was very comfortable. I was also given full club access. They do cocktails from 17:30 - 19:30 which I missed, but there are two Internet terminals with dual MacOSx and Windows Interfaces with apple keyboards and screens.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I had no idea the LAX 4 Points had a suite, but I got it last night.

I was disappointed not to get the cheese and crackers plate; instead, got 4 very big choc chop cookies.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
From recent memory in the past 4-5 months:

Westin Auckland (early Jan) - Junior Suite (Points stay)
Westin Sydney (Christmas week) - nothing; was sold out due to holidays

Le Meridien Pacific Tokyo (not "Grand Pacific") - nothing

Prince de Galles, Paris - AMAZING suite on 5th floor. Larger than my current 2BR apt in London (points stay)

Four Points Zurich Sihlcity - choice of Junior Suite overlooking the Platz (Mall) or Senior Suite higher-up. Took the Junior Suite to not piss off company executives staying on my floor in already smaller rooms

Sheraton Belgravia - junior suite for 2 week stay

Sheraton Palace Moscow - full suite (super smoky however - I guess that's standard for Russia)

Westin Colonnade Coral Gables - junior suite
Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
forgot to mention my last stay, feb 16th, W city center, chicago, upgrade to a nice suite, think it was called the alc suite??
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
Sheraton Seattle-club floor in the new tower-I can't believe I stayed in the old tower every time until now! The rooms are way nicer than the old tower, would recommend this to anyone coming here-ask for it specifically at the front desk...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Eight different CA/Seattle stays over last two weeks and here is what I have to report:

Fantastic room at W Seattle with a view between buildings of the water
W San Diego upgrade to a 1-Bedroom suite on the penthouse floor.
Studio Suite at Le Meridien SFO.
Sheraton Gateway LAX - XX01 single room suite overlooking the runways
Nothing, as usual, at Westin South Coast Plaza

Last edited by Score8; Feb 24, 2008 at 8:14 pm Reason: addt'l info
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
2 night stay at Le Meridien Ile Maurice on the island of Mauritius.

Booked the cheapest B&B rate on spg.com.

Was given an ocean view, 2 storey suite that was twice the width of the normal rooms and included a walk in shower and a jacuzzi bath. Was given access to the Nirvana areas within the resort that have their own pool and restaurant.

Was given a welcome gift of a 1.5 litre bottle of mineral water, a large bowl of fruit and a bottle of champagne.

Very impressed with the treatment I received at this hotel.

Some pics can be accessed from my latest TR.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
W New York - The Court

Upgraded to a Fantastic Suite for a 4 night stay Thursday - Monday. Room was huge, especially by New York standards. Small bath but the bedroom was large with a flat screen and the living room had a nice sofa, chair and chaise with a 2nd flat screen.

These guys always do just a great job of taking care of upgrades. Kudos and keep up the good work!
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:01 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
Upgraded at the Sheraton Portland Airport to a mini-suite for the fourth time in a row-anyone coming to Portland, I would recommend this facility over the Westin especially for upgrades, but also for the friendly staff and attention to detail. I'm always impressed every time I come here....
Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
This past weekend:

W SF: upgrade from Wonderful Room to Fabulous Cool Corner room. Front desk manager would have upgraded me to a suite but mentioned that I might want to "test drive" the newly remodeled room instead. (Suites due for refreshing this month). Since I was traveling alone and only for 1 night I agreed. The new look is definitely better than old styling including new flat panel with true HD connection. I do wish the desk had more surface space though.

Westin SF Market Street:
Upgrade from basic Internet rate in Traditional room to Corner Suite on high floor. These rooms have 42 in. plasmas in the living room and 32" plasmas in bedroom but no HD hookup. Like someone else has posted, I wonder how much more expensive it would be to pipe an HD signal into all those new plasmas....they are kind of a waste otherwise. Also, sofas in living area are particularly uncomfortable. That said, the staff is very good at this hotel and I alternate between this and the W when in SF.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by clover
This past weekend:

W SF: upgrade from Wonderful Room to Fabulous Cool Corner room. Front desk manager would have upgraded me to a suite but mentioned that I might want to "test drive" the newly remodeled room instead. (Suites due for refreshing this month). Since I was traveling alone and only for 1 night I agreed. The new look is definitely better than old styling including new flat panel with true HD connection. I do wish the desk had more surface space though.
p.s. Marvelous (are they called fantastic now?) suites are actually a corner (Fabulous) room with a connecting room. So, in theory, your suite would've been renovated. The connecting room, however, wouldn't have been. So, you should have taken the suite

As for my latest upgrade:

Sheraton Cerritos: Executive jr Suite (3/3)

Westin Times Square: Deluxe Corner Room on the top floor (I actually preferred this over their standard suites!) The view was awesome ^

W Times Square: Fantastic Suite on 46th floor ^
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
p.s. Marvelous (are they called fantastic now?) suites are actually a corner (Fabulous) room with a connecting room. So, in theory, your suite would've been renovated. The connecting room, however, wouldn't have been. So, you should have taken the suite ^
There was no connecting door in my room to any other room. I'm just calling it the name the Front Desk Mgr. called it when he assigned to me. Corner room of about 400 s.f. I'd say; city view with good size bathroom although only 1 sink; king bed; corner window benches, etc. The window benches are a nice decorative touch but not very functional. you can't even pivot the TV so it can be seen from the bench area.

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
As for my latest upgrade:

Sheraton Cerritos: Executive jr Suite (3/3)

Westin Times Square: Deluxe Corner Room on the top floor (I actually preferred this over their standard suites!) The view was awesome ^

W Times Square: Fantastic Suite on 46th floor ^
I agree with you on the Deluxe corner rooms in the Westin T.S. The standard suites are kind of blah and meant more for hospitality purposes I guess. I like to have a high floor corner suite with access to the Club lounge on the lower floor.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Booked a standard king room at the Westin Palo Alto and received a Fireplace Suite and amenity (points) upon check-in.

Very friendly staff, nice room, and great bathroom and shower. ^
Old Feb 26, 2008, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
4P LAX - Junior Suite
Westin Atlanta Airport - Junior Suite
Old Feb 26, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
hi, just became platinum in january, we had 4 rooms used points at the westin diplomat and all rooms were upgraded to balconies and the club floor.had a great time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.