Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok Opening slips to 1 Apr 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Bangkok Opening slips to 1 Apr 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have a 4 night C&P booking for that weekend.
Only one night for us before we head south, drop me a PM closer to the time, must say Hi during Happy Hour
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
First look at a St. Regis executive room and other photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestregisbangkok/
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Kalboz
First look at a St. Regis executive room and other photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestregisbangkok/
Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:29 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Reminds me a bit of the comfort level and layout of rooms at the PA.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:52 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Photo Link

Web link

Tentative Opening date: April 1, 2011

Category: 5

Total number of rooms: 227 including 1 Presidential Suite

Restaurants
Viu
Cuisine: International
Setting: Panoramic City View
All day dining restaurant that transforms in the evenings to a seductive dining venue.

JoJo
Cuisine: Italian
Setting: Contemporary

Decanter
Cuisine: Bar Menu
Setting: Elegant
Offering an extensive cellar and including a private room for exclusive tastings or a wine dinner.

Situated along Bangkok’s Ratchadamri road, the city’s key commercial corridor where major corporations and financial institutions make their home. The property has a direct entrance from the hotel to the BTS Rajadamri SkyTrain station.

Click here for its map.

Distances between other site attractions:
• Jim Thompson's Museum 2.0 km/1.2 miles
• Erawan Shrine - Four Faces Buddha 0.3 km/0.2 miles
• Bangkok Lumphini Park 0.5 km/0.3 miles
• Gaysorn Plaza 0.5 km/0.3 miles

Do you know?

The property will be having a “Siam Mary” classic Bloody Mary offered with a distinct twist to reflect the rich flavors of Thailand.

Opening offers

Debut offer 1: Reserve a deluxe room at THB 8,000(excluding tax and other charges) and get to enjoy:-
  • a free upgrade to next higher room category
  • your choice each day of either breakfast for up to 2 guests in VIU or a 2 course set dinner menu in VIU
  • a voucher for the Elemis Spa to the value of THB1000 per person.

Debut offer 2: Reserve a grand deluxe room at THB 12,000(excluding tax and other charges) and get to enjoy:-
  • free upgrade to next higher room category
  • your choice each day of either breakfast for up to 2 guests in VIU or a 2 course set dinner menu in VIU
  • a voucher for the Elemis Spa to the value of THB1000 per person.

Hotel Email Address: [email protected]
Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestregisbangkok/

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Thyetus, any idea if they would have all the rooms/suites completed by Apr 1 or should we expect a 'half finished' hotel ?

I'm just wondering about the Plat upgrade.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I've been watching the construction, or what "they" call construction, for the past 2-years and they are FAR from finished............ I think 01 April is an April Fools Joke.........

BTW, I read the previous OPs description, but there is NO connection between the hotel and BTS station built so you need to completely leave the hotel and climb the BTS steps in the rain

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Thyetus, any idea if they would have all the rooms/suites completed by Apr 1 or should we expect a 'half finished' hotel ?

I'm just wondering about the Plat upgrade.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:25 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
I've been watching the construction, ... I think 01 April is an April Fools Joke.........
It would be a cruel joke indeed
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
I've been watching the construction, or what "they" call construction, for the past 2-years and they are FAR from finished............ I think 01 April is an April Fools Joke.........

BTW, I read the previous OPs description, but there is NO connection between the hotel and BTS station built so you need to completely leave the hotel and climb the BTS steps in the rain
I really hope it will not come to that after all you can book rooms starting from the 1st of APR 2011....
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Lobby electric (can't see if rooms finished or not), flooring and front glass windows still not installed. Concrete lintels still being poured. Furniture still being delivered. Obviously no testing done. Opening, let alone soft opening for 1 April is a pipe dream!!!!

Originally Posted by X-ON
I really hope it will not come to that after all you can book rooms starting from the 1st of APR 2011....
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:31 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
I was informed by my colleagues that the property will open on 1st April so for those who are worried, do rest assure that you have been well taken care of.

Thyetus Lee
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
I was informed by my colleagues that the property will open on 1st April so for those who are worried, do rest assure that you have been well taken care of.
If I were you, I would not issue such statement.

Based on the report by BKKLEE its highly unlikely it will open in 3 weeks time, unless guests will be checking into a construction site. If they are still carrying-out the wet works (quote 'concrete lintel still being poured'), I would give it a minimum 3 months delay .....
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
If I were you, I would not issue such statement.

Based on the report by BKKLEE its highly unlikely it will open in 3 weeks time, unless guests will be checking into a construction site. If they are still carrying-out the wet works (quote 'concrete lintel still being poured'), I would give it a minimum 3 months delay .....
i think i would take thyetus's word over bkklee on this issue....
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:50 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Indeed, thank you Lurker II. Even if they soft open only a couple of the floors, I'm glad to hear they are confident to open as hoped.

Many of us FTers have booked sometime during April and are looking forward to it.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I'm glad to hear they are confident to open as hoped.
Until the hotel revises the opening date, I am sure their 'official' stand is that the hotel will open as scheduled , no matter how ridiculous it may be.

I do vaguely recall a hotel that was delayed to such an extent that they have not even started on their earth works when it was due to open in 6 months, and yet the official reply was that it will open as scheduled. Very often the personnel making such statements was just reading off their datebase, which has not been updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.