Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok Opening slips to 1 Apr 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Bangkok Opening slips to 1 Apr 2011

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
First look at a St. Regis executive room and other photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestregisbangkok/
Has anyone seen the pool area? I'm booked for 4 nights in August with the family, kids love the pool area at SGS but I'm tempted to try the SR. I'm sure there will be multiple trip reports in coming months, but if anyone has a chance to swing by the pool (even if they don't use), I'd love to know how it compares. Can't find photos on SPG site.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:36 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Fresh off the press! ^

Unless I misunderstood, all St Regis guests will get Fast Track Immigration at BKK Suvarnabhumi.

I have noticed the St Regis logos on the blue fast track passes they hand out. Great work!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:15 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Fresh off the press! ^

Unless I misunderstood, all St Regis guests will get Fast Track Immigration at BKK Suvarnabhumi.

I have noticed the St Regis logos on the blue fast track passes they hand out. Great work!
URL? How are they distributed? What if one is staying elsewhere on arrival, and then moving to the St. Regis?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:30 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I'll be going by there tomorrow (the 31st) and will report on anything I see.
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Has anyone seen the pool area? I'm booked for 4 nights in August with the family, kids love the pool area at SGS but I'm tempted to try the SR. I'm sure there will be multiple trip reports in coming months, but if anyone has a chance to swing by the pool (even if they don't use), I'd love to know how it compares. Can't find photos on SPG site.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:32 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Dude, I don't know if the info is public. That's all I could get. Rest assured the hotel is in mock hotel mode, for a while now. Even the fast track service has been getting tested.

As for the details, they're set to open in 2 days, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of info in the coming days.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
We'll need reservations, right? I can have the concierge here (LM Chiang Mai until checkout on the 31st) phone ahead to Bangkok if you tell me a time and how many people?
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I'd likely have to leave for the airport by 2. Brunch starts at 11AM and runs to 3PM I think.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, AC Elite, AMEX PLAT, Leaders Club, I prefer, Ambassador Gold, The Club of SLH, Hyatt Gold
Hi Jamienbaker...
Pool look amazing..
look at the sneakpreview presentation link:
http://www.living-fine.de/hideaways_tv/play.php?vd=28

lux advisor
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Dude, I don't know if the info is public. That's all I could get. Rest assured the hotel is in mock hotel mode, for a while now. Even the fast track service has been getting tested.

As for the details, they're set to open in 2 days, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of info in the coming days.
Fair enough ... but, but, but I wanna fast track tod-a-a-a-ay. (Well, Friday morning anyway.)
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:31 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by slocouple
We'll need reservations, right? I can have the concierge here (LM Chiang Mai until checkout on the 31st) phone ahead to Bangkok if you tell me a time and how many people?
Reservations won't be a problem. I have no clue how many people. Maybe someone should start a count in the Thailand meetup thread?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Fresh off the press! ^

They want to charge me for the service. Maybe it's just for the car??

"We would kindly ask you to advise us of your arrival details and allow us to arrange a transfer from Suvarnabhumi International Airport utilizing our exclusive Fast Track service to expedite your arrival, minimize the immigration process and provide a comfortable Mercedes sedan journey to The St Regis Bangkok for 3,007 Thai Baht."
Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:46 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by chanp
They want to charge me for the service. Maybe it's just for the car??

"We would kindly ask you to advise us of your arrival details and allow us to arrange a transfer from Suvarnabhumi International Airport utilizing our exclusive Fast Track service to expedite your arrival, minimize the immigration process and provide a comfortable Mercedes sedan journey to The St Regis Bangkok for 3,007 Thai Baht."
Get back to them and ask if it is possible to just get the Fast Track without the transfer to the hotel. I would not be surprised if it isn't possible.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:17 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
There is a coupon to use for first track immigration in and out.
Some travel agencies in Bangkok are selling those coupons for 250-300 Bahts.
There are no date/name on the coupon so we can use it anytime, both in or out unless they change the rule.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by luxadvisor
Hi Jamienbaker...
Pool look amazing..
look at the sneakpreview presentation link:
http://www.living-fine.de/hideaways_tv/play.php?vd=28

lux advisor
Many thanks, the night shots looked spectacular. Nonetheless, I have until August to decide between SGS and SR. Locations are identical (for my familiy's needs), but Plat recognition at SGS is fabulous (breakfast and evening jazz lounge). I suspect a tough decision. With just 4 nights, not really interested in trying to squeeze in both.

Many thanks - Jamie
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:09 am

Walked by March 31, supper time

So, there are still lots of outside tile workers and it's still a construction site, but you can (from the BTS stairs) see inside and the lobby area is furnished nicely and there are people washing windows and floors. Outside,, they're scrubbing the driveway. A news crew looked like they might be there to do a "Grand Opening" price, but then I lost track of them. The connector to the BTS looks like it is a long time away, though the station is right there, so no problem.
In short, it looks like they're planning to open on time, but I couldn't get inside to see if there are people "practicing" at the restaurant, front desk, etc. No way to evaluate. I will try to get by on the 2nd after they open. For me, I think I'll keep my Grand Hyatt Erawan reservation instead (April 3), as I have a 16-hour flight on the 4th, and want to be rested and well taken care of. I am sure the St. Regis will be lovely, but the uncertainty is not relaxing.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:03 am

Can't find the Thailand meetup thread -- but I'm in BKK now. Who else is interested in coming for brunch Sunday to WGS? (It is WGS, right?) Should we just PM yosithezet?
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Reservations won't be a problem. I have no clue how many people. Maybe someone should start a count in the Thailand meetup thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.