Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok Opening slips to 1 Apr 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Bangkok Opening slips to 1 Apr 2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by schley
I guess I didn't realize it was 18 years old to drink in Thailand.
its 18 years old pretty much everywhere outside the US....
Old Dec 24, 2010, 1:16 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
The St Regis has been taking bookings for about a week now. They have released what appears to be an opening special rate of 7300++, and have plenty of availability for award rooms using points.

But, they have not yet released any Cash & Points bookings.

If you ask me, 12,000 points a night for a $250 room is too much. I wonder if they'll be able to hold the room prices that high?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
The St Regis has been taking bookings for about a week now. They have released what appears to be an opening special rate of 7300++, and have plenty of availability for award rooms using points.

If you ask me, 12,000 points a night for a $250 room is too much. I wonder if they'll be able to hold the room prices that high?
My corporate rate is 6600 which is $200 roughly. If it includes free breakfast, lounge access and an upgrade to a suite with some consistency then I may consider it. With all the great options in Bangkok, both spg and not spg, it will be interesting to see if those prices hold as well.

If cash and points becomes available I'll be all over that at 4800 starpoints and 90 bucks. Basically 4300 for a one night stay when factoring in the plat amenity.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by saad
its 18 years old pretty much everywhere outside the US....
I always thought that the minimmum drinking age in Thailand was 20, certainly lots of places in BKK will not even let you in unless you are 20+.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:29 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I always thought that the minimmum drinking age in Thailand was 20, certainly lots of places in BKK will not even let you in unless you are 20+.
Drinking age (for purchase or consumption) is 18, and night club entrance age is 20. They are two seperate rules.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:23 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Other signs that this hotel is progressing to its opening date: Its employees were seen busy working at the construction site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...n/photostream/

Also, many others with the same shirts were observed at the ROS where two rooms on the 10th floor near the elevators one marked "ST. Regis Executive" and the second "St. Regis Food & Beverage":

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5223217415/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5223216751/

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 17, 2011 at 12:46 pm
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:45 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Andreas Oberoi has been appointed General Manager

Andreas Oberoi has been appointed General Manager to The St. Regis Bangkok where he will be introducing the St. Regis Brand to Thailand. Oberoi brings with him an impressive resume of over 25 years in major destinations around the world. He comes to Bangkok from Starwood’s European luxury resort, Hotel Romazzino Porto Cervo, where he was General Manager. Prior to this, Oberoi opened the renowned The St. Regis Mardavall Majorca Resort in Spain. It is the same resort at which he began his career with Starwood Hotels, and under his leadership The St. Regis Mardavall Majorca Resort became one of the top performing hotels in the European Division of Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4049690.html
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I have one night booked at the 7300++ rate, which includes an upgrade (which I think is probably redundant as Plat), and a choice of either breakfast for 2 or dinner for 2, plus 1000 TB credit at the spa.
1. Do you think this hotel will be ready to deliver on April 3, which is my last night in BKK?
2. Does the quality of a St. Regis, or this one in particular (never have stayed in one) really justify the price differential over the other BKK properties?
Originally Posted by seanthepilot

Old Jan 17, 2011, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I have a booking for the 23rd April (so hopefully it is actually open by then). I got a very attractive Corporate rate using a client's SET, in fact it was cheaper than my previous stays at the SGS.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
That's about the time I'm in BKK, too. I'm hoping the St Regis opens up C&P, just to get the buzz going. ^
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:39 am

April 1st and 2nd in St Regis BKK

Hi-

How much of a risk is it for us to book opening night at the St Regis in BKK- in terms of service and chance it will open on time?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
That's about the time I'm in BKK, too. I'm hoping the St Regis opens up C&P, just to get the buzz going. ^
My wish has been granted!

C&P is wide open for April and May.

Further update: C&P is wide open for the rest of the year! ^

Last edited by Braindrain; Jan 29, 2011 at 10:35 am
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Can't see C & P for any night I'll be there (April 1, 2 or 3)

Originally Posted by Braindrain
My wish has been granted!

C&P is wide open for April and May.

Further update: C&P is wide open for the rest of the year! ^
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:42 am

Those are about the only 3 nights that don't have C&P. Some people just get lucky.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I was by there about a week ago.

They have quite a way to go before it is in shape to open.

If I was a betting man, I wouldn't be betting on a hard 01 April opening date. If soft, it's going to be very soft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.