Wiki Posts
Search

Rapid Rewards Enhancements!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:16 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by FCfree
I do hope that the GA will be able to give someone who does a standby/upgrade an A seat if they are on the A-list.
Or at least offer mid-boarding (after the A's) when you show the old voided BP.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: WN CP
Another question... What happens to an A-Lister who is caught up in a TSA mess, such as the watch list or a "random" selectee? They can't use OLCI in those circumstances today, and presumably WN can't check them in until they are cleared at the airport. Will their As be saved?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:25 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Darn... I just checked. I'm 5 segments short of 32 one-way segments for the last year, on a rolling 12-month basis.

A new concept is born: Mileage run to get yourself over the 32 one-way segment threshold on a rolling 12-month basis.

The rolling 12-month concept is interesting if you have a cluster of travel approximately one year ago. This has a different effect than someone who is trying to make Silver/Gold/Plat status on a legacy airline.

I guess we will have to see how hard it is to get an A boarding pass before being able to evaluate the value of being on the A-list. This could turn out to be a negative -- previously, I almost never flew on a B BP. Hmmmmm....
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Another question... What happens to an A-Lister who is caught up in a TSA mess, such as the watch list or a "random" selectee? They can't use OLCI in those circumstances today, and presumably WN can't check them in until they are cleared at the airport. Will their As be saved?
Maybe a WN TA will walk the SSSSed person down the queue as other airlines do with their late elites?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:27 am

Assuming A-List is live today as some FTer check in posts seem to indicate, how are the A-Listers sorted for check in? Alphabetical by last name or confirmation number, purchase date, fare class, fare, random? Are BSers thrown into that mix and included in the sort, or will A-Listers be checked in before BSers or vice versa?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:30 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I believe that BS is first, then A-list ordered by flight credit count.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by FCfree

The rolling 12-month concept is interesting if you have a cluster of travel approximately one year ago. This has a different effect than someone who is trying to make Silver/Gold/Plat status on a legacy airline. Hmmmmm....
Check out the 1200-comment "everything you ever wanted to know" thread on the Hilton Honors board re the rolling status-earning concept as a primer...
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:34 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Firewind
Check out the 1200-comment "everything you ever wanted to know" thread on the Hilton Honors board re the rolling status-earning concept as a primer...
Southwest is adding rolling status computation because Companion Pass renewal timing was too easy to figure out.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:35 am

Assuming A-List is live today as some FTer check in posts seem to indicate, how are the A-Listers sorted for check in? Alphabetical by last name or confirmation number, purchase date, fare class, fare, random? Are BSers thrown into that mix and included in the sort, or will A-Listers be checked in before BSers or vice versa?
And, again, where are all the just-newly-minted (and not-so-new) Companion Passers in the mix you're positing?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: spg (Plt) Hilton (gold) Marriott (silver) WN (CP & A-listerP) Delta Silver AA gold
BS and CP Travelers

I will be an A lister and a BSer and CPer who travels with DW. Will my spouse get a A boarding pass or will I have to leave her behind and go on board and block a seat for her?

Will it be automatic since she will fly as my CP?

Second question: Now that SW has established defacto levels of FF, will Southwest start giving cards of status so I can go thru the executive TSA line?

The announcement just causes more questions and frustration by frequent flyers.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
And, again, where are all the just-newly-minted (and not-so-new) Companion Passers in the mix you're positing?
Sorry. Either I missed something or I don't understand your post. CP didn't change today and CP holders won't be automatically checked in or guaranteed an A based on that status.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:39 am

A-List changes for the business/frequent traveler

From the RR update today, it looks WN is making a grab for the business travelers / frequent flyers.

The Rapid Rewards A-List – Just fly 16 roundtrips in 12 months and we’ll put you on our A-List where we’ll reserve you the best boarding pass available on all your flights for an entire year, which means you’ll most likely get an A boarding pass.

Log into your MySouthwest® account on southwest.com tomorrow to see how close you are to making it on the A-List. Members who qualify for the A-List as of November 8, 2007, will be receiving notification either by postal mail or e-mail within 3 to 5 days.

Business Select – When you purchase this new fare, you can guarantee that you’ll be among the first to board, and you’ll also get extra Rapid Rewards credit and a free drink to boot!
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by nsx
Southwest is adding rolling status computation because Companion Pass renewal timing was too easy to figure out.
As I've been saying - in the speculation threads - a major competitive advantage for Southwest has been "the KISS principle", even if it's not touted much. It underlies everything else that is touted. The website says the new paradigm features simplified fares (and I've only seen the headline) but otherwise KISS still seems to be the first casualty. Of course, as you continued to say in those threads, "You're gonna like it." And this is just the earliest view.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:44 am

Programs: SWA RR
Originally Posted by goghd
I will be an A lister and a BSer and CPer who travels with DW. Will my spouse get a A boarding pass or will I have to leave her behind and go on board and block a seat for her?

Will it be automatic since she will fly as my CP?
Afraid not - from rule 8 of the Rapid Rewards A-List Membership Rules and Regulations page:
For A-List Members who are also Companion Pass Holders, reserved boarding privileges will not be provided for the Member’s designated Companion unless he/she also is an A-List Member.
They certainly didn't think this one through. I predict GA's will use good judgment and let your CP board with you until this particular slap to the SWA road warriors is changed in the rules and regulations.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:45 am

THIS is the Major Issue

I'm a loyal SW customer, have been for 10-12 years now. Most of my flight are out of DAL and within Texas. For me and many others, this question of "ordering" the A-listers is the big deal under the new system.

Assume that my DAL-AUS flight has 15 Business Select folks, they get A1-A15 boarding passes. My question is how does Southwest then "order" the boarding passes for A-listers?

On these type short-haul business flights, there could be 30,, 40, or even more who are A-listers. That means I now am possibly down at about A50 or even A60 sitting toward the back of the plane. Forget about an exit row!

I really have been liking the letter/number boarding passes. Keeps everyone from rushing the gate close to an hour before departure, allowing us all to sit and relax. For those of us smart and willing, we can check-in exactly 24 hours and get a very early A boarding pass.

Under this new system, on many intra-Texas flights it's quite possible that I check in 24 hours in advance and get a very late A boarding pass. That is if the A-list "ordering" is random.

I wish Southwest would explain how they will "order" the A-listers within the A group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.