Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:10 pm

For a data point I got approved on both personal and a waiting on letter for the business with similar income. I would go with both consumer.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:15 pm

Chase Southwest visa 50k

I would lower your CL on sapphire before applying as that can only increase your chances. I would apply for plus and premier in separate browsers. I would do them both now as they may dissapear. I saw yesterday when i googled the card it said 1 day remaining so today may be last day for premier 50k not in aiport. Definitely apply for plus first as the premier one may be around in the airport if you dont want to do both now.

Originally Posted by twofooted
Relatively new to the points and miles game, and just want some clarification. The only Chase travel rewards card I have is Sapphire which I got in August (also got Amex SPG which are the only 2 travel cards I have). My 3 questions are:

1) What are my chances if I apply for the Plus and Premier personal cards in 2 separate incognito windows?

2) Would it be better if I apply for the Plus and then the Premier at the end of the month?

3) Should I lower by credit limit on the CSP card to help my chances?

Edit: added 3rd question
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by socrpro192
I would lower your CL on sapphire before applying as that can only increase your chances. I would apply for plus and premier in separate browsers. I would do them both now as they may dissapear. I saw yesterday when i googled the card it said 1 day remaining so today may be last day for premier 50k not in aiport. Definitely apply for plus first as the premier one may be around in the airport if you dont want to do both now.
Whatever blog told you it was going away lied and you should make note of it because it isn't writing to help you, only to pad its pockets. The affiliate link that that blog had was going away yesterday, but the offer will be around for a while and Premier referral links are valid until mid Jan 2016. A more honest blog would have pumped out some additional SW contest to increase sign-ups but would not have told you the offer was ending.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Willbur
Whatever blog told you it was going away lied and you should make note of it because it isn't writing to help you, only to pad its pockets. The affiliate link that that blog had was going away yesterday, but the offer will be around for a while and Premier referral links are valid until mid Jan 2016. A more honest blog would have pumped out some additional SW contest to increase sign-ups but would not have told you the offer was ending.
Ahh, they got me too. Actually, I was under the impression that the 50K Plus was going away yesterday. I know that a lot of times it's hard to find 50K offers for plus. once I was approved for that one, I figured might as well apply for a Premier and have the inquiries likely merged. Got both. Had to break my 90d AOR sched but that's the only downside.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
mistake. double post
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:10 am

Applied for a business and personal card today.

I received this on the business screen: "Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision. Here's what you can expect: Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days. If you are approved, you will receive your card and other important information in the mail. Please do not resubmit this application."

And this for the personal "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUBMISSION We appreciate your interest in a Chase card product. We have received the information you have submitted. You may close your browser session."

However, I only received one confirmation of application email.

Would only one confirmation email be strange?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by onlybeef42
Applied for a business and personal card today.

I received this on the business screen: "Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision. Here's what you can expect: Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days. If you are approved, you will receive your card and other important information in the mail. Please do not resubmit this application."

And this for the personal "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUBMISSION We appreciate your interest in a Chase card product. We have received the information you have submitted. You may close your browser session."

However, I only received one confirmation of application email.

Would only one confirmation email be strange?
NVM - My second application was not in incognito mode. Filled everything out again and received the second confirmation email.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:37 am

Blog

Acutally I didn't hear this from a blog but from a google search for the card said there was only 1 day left in the Ad from chase. So that is where I got my information. Apparently that wasn't true if it is still available.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:30 am

The exact wording I believe is:

Obviously the above leaves it ambiguous but with a one month difference I'd personally wait just to be sure. Would hate to waste the pull and not get the bonus. I can't think of any datapoints I've seen that differentiate between the two (i.e. someone getting the card at 23 months since bonus but reaching spend thresholds at 24 months). Some people have definitely gotten bonuses earlier than the 24 month churn language but if you want to guarantee the bonus I'd hold out personally.
Thanks for the good advice!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by socrpro192
Acutally I didn't hear this from a blog but from a google search for the card said there was only 1 day left in the Ad from chase. So that is where I got my information. Apparently that wasn't true if it is still available.
Actually, I can't seem to find a PLUS card link with 50k points. I found it yesterday.. Anyone have a link?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ksf45632
Actually, I can't seem to find a PLUS card link with 50k points. I found it yesterday.. Anyone have a link?
Nevermind, just found it again..
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/50KPremier

Applied and instantly approved for 31k credit limit.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Travel
How hard is it to get a business card? I have a personal plus and premier cards and have 65,000 miles and have had companion pass the last two years. I recently applied for a Plus and Premier card using my married name but was turned down because I already have them in my maiden name. My husband has a business but not sure I can apply for a business card using his tax ID number. Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:42 pm

I was approved for the business Premier yesterday - I applied the day before and already have the personal and plus. I went ahead and called and he asked me a few questions and was approved. I am 43,000 miles from Companion pass so will need to spend the $2,000 by the end of the year. Any advice on how to get it for two years? Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Travel
I was approved for the business Premier yesterday - I applied the day before and already have the personal and plus. I went ahead and called and he asked me a few questions and was approved. I am 43,000 miles from Companion pass so will need to spend the $2,000 by the end of the year. Any advice on how to get it for two years? Thanks.
When did you receive your personal premier and plus cards?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:22 am

I joined this site back in November 2000 and only have 2 posts so I probably put a new meaning to lurker but I had to come and report about my application for the Chase RR Plus card.

I used to be Platinum with Continental in late 90's early 2000's when domestic first class and flying in general was fun. Then of course 9/11 happened. I've also been out of the game for awhile due to going back to school and changing career paths. I'd occasionally come to flyertalk to live vicariously reading about the whole world/lifestyle of bonus points and rewards. During my time, I thought I was slick booking mileage runs with multiple connections (DFW-IAH-EWR-LGW-EWR-IAH-DFW) to maintain my segments elite qualification. I'm in awe at what people are accomplishing now with affinity cards.

I've recently started flying for fun again and decided to go for the companion pass. My strategy was to go for the Plus and Personal Premier. I've been waiting for the stars to align. 1) The 50k bonus to come back to the Plus. 2) Apply late in the year so the bonuses hit in January 2016 and I'd have the companion pass for 2 years. I was going to apply for the Plus first, hopefully get instant approval and then apply for the Premier the same day.

I was dismayed when the 50k offer for Plus seemed to have disappeared yesterday but then I saw the direct link was still working. So I applied late last night around 11pm CDT. When I clicked submit, it went pending instead of approved. My credit score is just below 800 with no inquiries for over 18 months so I was quite surprised. I figured I'd have to cross my fingers and call recon. I'm sure that's nothing for you veterans and I should be more confident of my credit-worthiness but I was disappointed. Why didn't Chase like me??? I even have a checking account with them with a balance that never goes below the mid 4 figures!

About an hour later, I logged into my Chase account on my phone app to review activity on my checking account and I see a Southwest credit card with its last 4 digits listed there! The credit limit is only ~$3k. Strange because I haven't applied for credit since getting a US Bank store affiliated Visa back in 2014 (which was instantly approved for ~$10k). Doesn't matter, I'm still happy. I logged into my Chase account on my computer as well just to make sure I wasn't seeing things and yes, it's there.

I originally was going to go for the Premier right away but I think I might wait now. It would be nice to get both cards and only have one hard pull show up on my credit reports but I figure I'll start using the Plus and then apply for the Premier using a referral link in late November or early December. If for some reason, I actually do have to call recon for it, I can talk about how I've enjoyed using the Plus and would like the no foreign transaction fees on the Premier and the fact that I'd like to separate out my work/business expenses, etc. I'll wait until January to do my $2k spending on it so that the 2000 points earned through spending will also count towards the companion pass. I would actually prefer to run $10k worth of purchases split between the Plus and Premier in January so that all that spending counts in 2016 but that would depend on the credit limit of the Premier. Regardless, if all goes well, I expect to have the companion pass by early February.

Btw, does anyone think I should just go for the Premier as well right now?

TL;DR If your Chase credit card app goes pending instead of instant approval and if you already have a Chase account (checking, savings, cc), log in on the website or app. You just might see a new card listed!

Last edited by Flyingfool; Oct 9, 2015 at 9:22 am Reason: Typos and removing possible personal identifying info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.