RR Visa News ONLY

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:13 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

RR Visa News ONLY

Do not ask questions in this thread.
Do not answer questions in this thread.

This thread exists for ease of news dissemination (via Email to thread subscribers); polluting the thread with questions and answers is intrusive to thread subscribers.

Post only RR Visa news items in this thread. The main purpose of this thread is for folks to easily learn of major changes to the Chase RR Visa signup bonus, especially increases from the base 25,000 point offer. The other two threads are too busy for important news to be noticed.

You can subscribe to this thread to receive Email alerts when new posts are made here.

Originally Posted by JFalcNY
Recently (in the last few days) I show that the Personal Premier links have dropped from 50,000 bonus to 25,000 bonus.

Last edited by ftnoob; Jan 4, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Old May 5, 2016, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Publicly available 50K offer has returned to the southwest.com home page:

Last edited by ftnoob; Sep 16, 2016 at 12:56 pm Reason: Update image link
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

The www.southwest.com/inflight offer has been cut to 40,000 points:
Makes me wonder whether the other 50,000 point offers will eventually all be pared down.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

The 50,000 point offers are once again commonly available for both the Plus and Premier personal cards. The Business Premier card is now available with a 60,000 point signup bonus.

You can see all three offers on this landing page if you scroll to the second screen (on a PC).
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

As posted by shan23 on 10-Apr
the public links are down to 40K signup bonus, making it harder to get CP using them.
Several of the live links in the wiki post of the discussion thread are still active, but don't count on that lasting for very long.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:15 am

Just an FYI to anyone looking to apply: all three Southwest Visas (Personal Premier, Personal plus, and Business Premier) are up to 60,000 point sign-up bonuses on WN's website now.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

In an effort to attract wider community awareness of and contributions to this news thread, I am making it a "Sticky." Please keep an eye out for opportunities to post a scoop about RR Visa signup bonus offer changes!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by pgary
Doctor of Credit posts a screen shot of a facebook post saying that the 60K offers will end June 29, 2017.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:59 am
Original Poster

The homepage offer has indeed dropped back to 40K, as has the southwest.com/inflight offer. Watch or search your Email, however, for a targeted offer of 60K bonus for the RR Visa. My wife received an offer for the Plus card. Subject line reads "Last chance to earn 60,000 points." Clicking the link takes me to a form with the fields for her personal information pre-populated, so don't share your link if you receive one.

I was able to come up with a URL that will display just the 60K offer without any personal information. I cannot give any assurance Chase will honor it, but it's worth a try if you want the card now. I am intentionally posting this as a non-clickable link; triple click to select, then copy and paste.
Code:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/60KPlus?CELL=65X500
Using the URL I came up with gives you the option to choose the Premier card and/or the Business card, each also for 60K, whereas the targeted offer page did not have those options.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by ftnoob
Using the URL I came up with gives you the option to choose the Premier card and/or the Business card, each also for 60K, whereas the targeted offer page did not have those options.
It appears to bring you to the page making the offer, but if you click "Apply Now" it takes you to a page that says:
Code:
Offer Unavailable
Thank you for your interest, however, this offer is not currently available. Please click the button below to view alternate offers and apply online. Please note the terms and conditions of these offers may vary.

Last edited by ftnoob; Sep 3, 2017 at 10:53 pm Reason: Fix markup
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I just got an offer for 40k on $1000 spend plus 2 free $40 upgrades at the gate to A1-A15.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

The homepage offer is back to 60K, as a "Limited-time offer." Personal, Premier, and Business Premier all available. Be careful with timing if your goal is a 2018-19 CP.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:36 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The current 60k point credit card bonus offer reportedly ends October 1. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...l#post28844849 (post 31 of that thread). The thread explains how you can delay earning your signup bonus until 2018 and count it toward your 2018 and 2019 Companion Pass. The window is closing for this 60k offer, so it's decision time.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
The current 60k point credit card bonus offer reportedly ends October 1. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...l#post28844849 (post 31 of that thread). The thread explains how you can delay earning your signup bonus until 2018 and count it toward your 2018 and 2019 Companion Pass. The window is closing for this 60k offer, so it's decision time.
Saw an ad in my facebook feed just now: offer ends 10/4.

Last edited by ftnoob; Sep 30, 2017 at 3:37 pm Reason: Remove discussion from News ONLY thread
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:09 am

Received an email that is targeted to California residents. Sign up for the RR Visa and get companion pass after the first purchase as well as 40k points after $1k spend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.