Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by meecal
The folks asking for referrals for the personal PLUS card fall into three categories: 1) they don't realize there are working links for 50k signup bonus for the personal PREMIER card but if they did they would go for it or 2) they have the personal PREMIER card already and so they want the personal PLUS with a 50k signup bonus or 3) they know about the 50k signup bonus links for the personal PREMIER and don't have one but they want the personal PLUS for its lower annual fee.
4) they want to get the PLUS first for fear of it going away (a la Business Plus)
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:49 pm

Looking for a referral to the Southwest Airlines Rapid RewardsŪ Plus Card. Please PM me if you have any referrals.

Thanks for your help in advance
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
I noticed on my flight the other day you can get 50k offer just from the URL off their in flight mag- http://www.southwest.com/inflight/

I looked at it and it does indeed offer 50k on the page with 2k spend.

fwiw
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:32 am

SW Personal Plus

Basically used up all of my points, now to decide if I want wife to just start with Companion this year or wait until next...

PS. If anybody needs a referral for the Personal Plus 50k PM me.

Last edited by Willbur; Apr 15, 2015 at 6:37 am
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:11 pm

I would like to get the 60K from the business premier card but the code given expired on April 27th, is there a referral for does anyone know how often this offers come by? Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by pattysv
I would like to get the 60K from the business premier card but the code given expired on April 27th, is there a referral for does anyone know how often this offers come by? Thanks!
April 27th? Are you from the future?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Willbur
Basically used up all of my points, now to decide if I want wife to just start with Companion this year or wait until next...

PS. If anybody needs a referral for the Personal Plus 50k PM me.
If you already have a CP, then I would say have your wife wait until the end of this year so you qualify beginning of next year. Unless you have 2+ kids that could benefit from an extra CP.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by dogbyte
For the Southwest Premier card, it states "Earn 1,500 Tier-Qualifying Points for every $10,000 in purchases, up to 15,000 Tier-Qualifying Points each calendar year" as an additional benefit. Does anyone know if the 1,500 Tier-Qualifying Points can be used to redeem for flights, in effect earning you 1.15% on regular purchases?
I think the answer is no. The 1500 tier qualifying points I got last year don't show on my statements as points transferred to Southwest, and they only show in my Southwest account under "Tier qualifying points". Since they don't show up there under "see all" I'm pretty sure they weren't spendable points.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:18 pm

That sux. I hope you're wrong. It also seems very close to false advertizing, even if there is some fine print somewhere.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:04 pm

Does anyone know when will the 15k Tier Qualifying points will post?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by mdosu
Does anyone know when will the 15k Tier Qualifying points will post?
It looks like the 1500 points posts as soon as you hit 10k in spending. The charge that put me over 10k of spending for this year posted on 4/9 and so did the points. Spendable points don't post until your statement closes so that's different. It looks like returns may not count also. It's a little bit hard to tell because I reached $10k with $800 in returns on 4/9, and then I had a $1k charge on 4/10. Assuming the 4/9 date on my Southwest account is accurate though, returns don't count.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:24 am

Hey all, quick question.

I know about the bonus points not posting issue if you spend 5-10 days before your statement close. Is this just an issue for the bonus points or all regular spending? I am 2k mikes short of the CP and went ahead and MS'd 2k about 5 days before statement close and it not looking like they have showed up in my SW account yet. My statements (I have both the plus and premier) both say that 1000 pts each were transferred to SW but is this actually the case? My CC points always have posted on the 15th of the month in the past but haven't this month. I actually need to book some travel soon and I was really hoping that these points would post and I don't really want to wait another month.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dogbyte
For the Southwest Premier card, it states "Earn 1,500 Tier-Qualifying Points for every $10,000 in purchases, up to 15,000 Tier-Qualifying Points each calendar year" as an additional benefit. Does anyone know if the 1,500 Tier-Qualifying Points can be used to redeem for flights, in effect earning you 1.15% on regular purchases?
I suggest you go to Southwest.com and look up what Tier-Qualifying Points are and what they can be used for. Long story short, they are not points you can use towards booking but points that can be used towards becoming A+ List or w/e it's called. (Gives benefits such as earlier checkin priority).
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by dtm1017
Hey all, quick question.

I know about the bonus points not posting issue if you spend 5-10 days before your statement close. Is this just an issue for the bonus points or all regular spending? I am 2k mikes short of the CP and went ahead and MS'd 2k about 5 days before statement close and it not looking like they have showed up in my SW account yet. My statements (I have both the plus and premier) both say that 1000 pts each were transferred to SW but is this actually the case? My CC points always have posted on the 15th of the month in the past but haven't this month. I actually need to book some travel soon and I was really hoping that these points would post and I don't really want to wait another month.
If your statement says the points were earned, then you have no problems. Just give them a few days to post to your SW acct.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:03 pm

Just wanted to say that I applied for the Business Premier 60k offer linked in the Wiki and had to call in to finish application. I used this opportunity to confirm the 60k point bonus, rep informed me it is a $3k spend w/in 90 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.