Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Atxbobcat
I have a question for you guys with a little backstory:

So I realized too late that I had applied for the 25k Southwest Plus card. So I called in asking about the promotion with the excuse that it wasn't listed in their T&Cs and I wanted to make sure that I was receiving the "50k" for spending 2k in the first 3 months, throwing the 50k out there as a flat out untruth. The man looked up the promo code and said that it was 25k for 1k spend in first 3 months, which of course I already knew. So I told him that the link I clicked through, not sure which site it was on, was for 50k. So he said he would make a note of it on my account about 50k for 2k spend in 3 months, and after I make the 2k spend, they would credit my account with the 50k. So my question is this: Is it really that easy, or did I just get the run around from a CSR to get me off of the phone and let someone deal with me in a week or so? Thanks for any and all insight!
I would send a secure message through your online account to "confirm" what was relayed to you over the phone. Then you have it in writing at least.

If you need an "excuse" as to how you got the link, tell them it was an offer from your Feb 2015 RR newsletter (that's how I got my links).
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:47 am

Cancelled my Personal Plus card 2 days after anniversary 3k bonus posted and had AF credited back.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Robl
Cancelled my Personal Plus card 2 days after anniversary 3k bonus posted and had AF credited back.
Good to know. Just got CP poiints to post yesterday, booked a CP seat 10 minutes later. I fly with the kid tomorrow, to see grandaparents. This is a beautiful thing.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Atxbobcat
I have a question for you guys with a little backstory:

So I realized too late that I had applied for the 25k Southwest Plus card. So I called in asking about the promotion with the excuse that it wasn't listed in their T&Cs and I wanted to make sure that I was receiving the "50k" for spending 2k in the first 3 months, throwing the 50k out there as a flat out untruth. The man looked up the promo code and said that it was 25k for 1k spend in first 3 months, which of course I already knew. So I told him that the link I clicked through, not sure which site it was on, was for 50k. So he said he would make a note of it on my account about 50k for 2k spend in 3 months, and after I make the 2k spend, they would credit my account with the 50k. So my question is this: Is it really that easy, or did I just get the run around from a CSR to get me off of the phone and let someone deal with me in a week or so? Thanks for any and all insight!
Yes it might be. There are several reports of people calling in within 30 days or so of applying for a credit card with Chase and then seeing a better sign up bonus. Chase then honors the better sign up bonus.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:23 pm

Hi,

A newbie question but I receive my Chase SWA Plus cards a few years back. Can I sign up for the current Premier card. In conjunction, with the next Plus promotion comes back, can I cancel my current Plus card and sign up for that bringing me closer to that companion pass? Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:21 pm

Maybe this has been asked and answered, but the thread is massive ...

What "gotchas" do we need to watch out for when meeting the spending requirement to get the various signup bonuses (typically $2000 within 3 months) ? Particularly things that might not count towards the $2000. I imagine at least the annual fee, and returned items (at least if the return shows up by the closing date of the statement that puts you over the $2000 threshold, not sure what happens if you meet the $2000 and then the return shows up on a later billing period). I imagine cash advances don't count either. Anything else ?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: Yes.
Sorry. Wrong thread Please ignore

Last edited by econjon; Mar 9, 2015 at 9:07 pm
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:44 pm

Any link for plus 50k bonus still around? Pm if so! Thanks!!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Dito.Calderon
Any link for plus 50k bonus still around? Pm if so! Thanks!!
The 50K link for the premier in the Wiki is working

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/2rtfosam1
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: WN CP
Data Point:

Signed up for Personal Plus on January 8th. Approved immediately.
Signed up for Personal Premier on January 9th. Approved immediately.
Edit: In addition, I added an authorized user to my Personal Premier card.

Received the Personal Plus card in the mail on Jan 16th. 8 day wait to get my card
Received the Personal Premier card in the mail on Jan 17th. 8 day wait to get my card. When the cards arrived, my authorized user's card did not have a RR number after "RR". Mine however did.

Plus statement ended Feb 6th
Premier Statement ended Feb 8th.

I spent more than $2000 on the plus card in the first statement period.
50k+ points posted to my account on Feb 8th. 2 day after my statement.

I spend more than $2000 on my premier card in the first statement but a few of the charges that pushed me over the 2k spending threshold were too close to the statement date. My statement was for more than $2000 but I did not receive my 50k bonus. I did receive over 2000 points. These points were posted on the 10th. 2 days after my statement date.
Edit: all of my authorized user's charges counted towards my points. Cards numbers and CVV are the same between both cards.

My next statement was for March 8th for the premier card. I already spent over my 2k threshold. My 50k bonus was posted on the 9th. 1 day after my statement.

I successfully received both 50k bonuses and had the necessary amount of points to exceed 110k.

As soon as the remaining 50k points posted (9th of March), I was immediately able to add my companion. I called WN and had them switch of a flight I booked for my companion earlier in the year with my points to my companion flight. I was refunded all my points back in to my account immediately.

I received my email from WN informing me that I achieved companion pass status on March 10th. 1 day after I actually received my companion pass status.

I tried to fill in a lot of questions I had coming into this earlier this year with my own anecdotal information. Hope this helps anyone else who were curious about a "typical" timelin, though I'm sure things vary (See posting of 50k bonus in feb vs march).

Last edited by atothesquiz; Mar 10, 2015 at 8:27 am
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
my authorized user's card did not have a RR number after "RR". Mine however did.

Since the account is linked to YOUR RR account, your number shows on yours; it doesn't show on authorized user -- either yours or theirs.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
my authorized user's card did not have a RR number after "RR". Mine however did.

Since the account is linked to YOUR RR account, your number shows on yours; it doesn't show on authorized user -- either yours or theirs.
I just received AU cards and it has the RR number of my SO on it, so it seems strange to me that there was no RR number on the poster's AU card. My question is this: If I have added myself as an AU for both of my SO's SW cards, will that preclude me from applying for the SW CCs two years from now to receive the CP pass again?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Smile

Originally Posted by atothesquiz
Data Point:

Signed up for Personal Plus on January 8th. Approved immediately.
Signed up for Personal Premier on January 9th. Approved immediately.
Edit: In addition, I added an authorized user to my Personal Premier card.

Received the Personal Plus card in the mail on Jan 16th. 8 day wait to get my card
Received the Personal Premier card in the mail on Jan 17th. 8 day wait to get my card. When the cards arrived, my authorized user's card did not have a RR number after "RR". Mine however did.

Plus statement ended Feb 6th
Premier Statement ended Feb 8th.

I spent more than $2000 on the plus card in the first statement period.
50k+ points posted to my account on Feb 8th. 2 day after my statement.

I spend more than $2000 on my premier card in the first statement but a few of the charges that pushed me over the 2k spending threshold were too close to the statement date. My statement was for more than $2000 but I did not receive my 50k bonus. I did receive over 2000 points. These points were posted on the 10th. 2 days after my statement date.
Edit: all of my authorized user's charges counted towards my points. Cards numbers and CVV are the same between both cards.

My next statement was for March 8th for the premier card. I already spent over my 2k threshold. My 50k bonus was posted on the 9th. 1 day after my statement.

I successfully received both 50k bonuses and had the necessary amount of points to exceed 110k.

As soon as the remaining 50k points posted (9th of March), I was immediately able to add my companion. I called WN and had them switch of a flight I booked for my companion earlier in the year with my points to my companion flight. I was refunded all my points back in to my account immediately.

I received my email from WN informing me that I achieved companion pass status on March 10th. 1 day after I actually received my companion pass status.

I tried to fill in a lot of questions I had coming into this earlier this year with my own anecdotal information. Hope this helps anyone else who were curious about a "typical" timelin, though I'm sure things vary (See posting of 50k bonus in feb vs march).
That's one of the best first posts I've ever seen on this site and I've been using this site for a decade. Clear and concise. Thank you for sharing!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by DebitNM

Sure. I understand that now but at the time when I received the cards it was unclear. I couldn't find a lot of information about Chase's Southwest Cards in reference to adding a AU and how that would work with CPQP.

It would seem obvious since both the account numbers and the CCV on the back of the card were the same that the "system" wouldn't be able to differentiate between my card purchases and my AU's card purchases.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:07 pm

Great post, atothesquiz!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.