FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South America (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america-483/)
-   -   Current travel situation to Chile (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america/2052886-current-travel-situation-chile.html)

Yarhead Feb 28, 2022 2:11 pm

Transiting through Santiago Airport

Am I currently able to fly through Santiago airport without any additional restrictions? I'd look to fly with Sky or LATAM from MDZ to SCL before taking an SCL to JFK flight. It would sound like I have to test before going through customs after the MDZ-SCL flight? But do I have to quarantine, etc. after that or can I just grab my SCL-JFK flight?

Eastbay1K Feb 28, 2022 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Yarhead (Post 34033166)
Am I currently able to fly through Santiago airport without any additional restrictions? I'd look to fly with Sky or LATAM from MDZ to SCL before taking an SCL to JFK flight. It would sound like I have to test before going through customs after the MDZ-SCL flight? But do I have to quarantine, etc. after that or can I just grab my SCL-JFK flight?

If you are an International to international connection with bags checked through you should be ok. If you are on separate tickets, expect to "enter" Chile. If you expect that you will be carry on only and are not familiar with hand baggage limitations, expect your bag to be pulled and you will need to go through all formalities.

If you need to "enter" Chile, I would plan at least 6 hours for the connection, as you will not only have arrival procedures, but departure doc verification just to check in, exit procedures, etc.

Yarhead Mar 7, 2022 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 34033549)
If you are an International to international connection with bags checked through you should be ok. If you are on separate tickets, expect to "enter" Chile. If you expect that you will be carry on only and are not familiar with hand baggage limitations, expect your bag to be pulled and you will need to go through all formalities.

If you need to "enter" Chile, I would plan at least 6 hours for the connection, as you will not only have arrival procedures, but departure doc verification just to check in, exit procedures, etc.

Thanks! I'd be on separate tickets, maybe MDZ-SCL and then SCL-JFK. I imagine I'd need to still take the Covid test for the inbound flight MDZ-SCL?

YYCCL3 Mar 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Only random arrival testing for Chile now?

Travel to Chile Plan - Chile Travel

Viajero Perpetuo Mar 17, 2022 8:50 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3 (Post 34082251)
Only random arrival testing for Chile now?

Travel to Chile Plan - Chile Travel

Yes, and also no more quarantine till test result and 7 day tracking. All mobility passes should be activated shortly after clearing the formalities. If a random test does come back positive, then a mandatory quarantine applies.

Brigit McGuire Mar 22, 2022 2:23 pm

I only need to transit through Chile, but my proof of vaccine keeps getting rejected! First, it was rejected for passport photo not clear enough. Now, it has been rejected because apparently something is missing from the proof of vaccine document. The rejection message states that they need "physical documentation containing the name, date of vaccination, and name of the vaccines." However, the PDF I uploaded, a proof of vaccine from the clinic at which I received the vaccines -- DOES contain all this information -- very clearly. And it contains a QR code they could use to validate it.

Does anyone have ideas about what they could possibly be looking for that is not included with my upload?

Viajero Perpetuo Mar 22, 2022 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Brigit McGuire (Post 34097644)
I only need to transit through Chile, but my proof of vaccine keeps getting rejected! First, it was rejected for passport photo not clear enough. Now, it has been rejected because apparently something is missing from the proof of vaccine document. The rejection message states that they need "physical documentation containing the name, date of vaccination, and name of the vaccines." However, the PDF I uploaded, a proof of vaccine from the clinic at which I received the vaccines -- DOES contain all this information -- very clearly. And it contains a QR code they could use to validate it.

Does anyone have ideas about what they could possibly be looking for that is not included with my upload?

Each shot must be uploaded separately and clarify anything that needs to be clarified in your comments.

This is the official instruction PDF in Spanish (pages 13-18 for tourists):
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gobcl-prod/...O.CL_final.pdf

Brigit McGuire Mar 22, 2022 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=Viajero Perpetuo;34097895]Each shot must be uploaded separately and clarify anything that needs to be clarified in your comments.

This is the official instruction PDF in Spanish (pages 13-18 /QUOTE]

When you say each shot must be uploaded separately, does that mean I have to upload the same document twice? Both my doses are displayed on a single document.

Viajero Perpetuo Mar 22, 2022 7:00 pm

[QUOTE=Brigit McGuire;34098130]

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo (Post 34097895)
Each shot must be uploaded separately and clarify anything that needs to be clarified in your comments.

This is the official instruction PDF in Spanish (pages 13-18 /QUOTE]

When you say each shot must be uploaded separately, does that mean I have to upload the same document twice? Both my doses are displayed on a single document.

Yes, but explain why you are doing it.

TheGreatTree Mar 23, 2022 11:35 am

I had no issues with vaccine approval for 3 shots when uploading just my Canadian proof of vaccination (1 pdf doc). Check if your uploaded pdf is viewable on the website (there's an eye icon)

Eastbay1K Mar 23, 2022 11:56 am

Originally Posted by TheGreatTree (Post 34100202)
I had no issues with vaccine approval for 3 shots when uploading just my Canadian proof of vaccination (1 pdf doc). Check if your uploaded pdf is viewable on the website (there's an eye icon)

Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason. One of ours was accepted without issue, one took three weeks to reject, and then accepted upon second upload the following day. (Same thing, same legibility.)

Brigit McGuire Mar 23, 2022 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 34100268)
Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason. One of ours was accepted without issue, one took three weeks to reject, and then accepted upon second upload the following day. (Same thing, same legibility.)

The only rhyme or reason I can see is that the Chilean bureaucrats hate whatever I am doing :rolleyes: Today, my son's first dose was rejected (second was approved) because "you must attach an identity document corresponding to the request." So I copied and pasted the same thing into a Word document and pasted a picture of his passport right next to it. I'm basically just throwing spaghetti at the wall at this point. But I'm starting to get nervous nothing will work. Do they actually answer the phone number they send out in the emails (salud responde #)?

YYCCL3 Mar 26, 2022 5:17 pm

Had a very smooth experience landing in SCL today. One big line to the health document check where you have to show your pre-departure PCR test, traveller declaration/affidavit, and proof of insurance (they look for your name, valid dates, the word COVID-19 and the coverage amount). Then to the random PCR testing center which seemed to be almost everyone. Then another line to passport control.

All in all this only took 45 minutes from doors open to stepping outside the airport terminal. I received an email before leaving the airport from the ministry of health stating that quarantine was not required unless the arrival PCR test proved positive. I got the arrival PCR test results back in 5.5 hours.

behuman Mar 26, 2022 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3 (Post 34109703)
Had a very smooth experience landing in SCL today.

Glad for you. Now let's hope there will be soon some more visibility for Rapa Nui. Incredible those islanders hoping to be supported eternally by government funds. Back to work ! Sustainable and with care.

13901 Mar 27, 2022 12:46 am

Originally Posted by behuman (Post 34109925)
Glad for you. Now let's hope there will be soon some more visibility for Rapa Nui. Incredible those islanders hoping to be supported eternally by government funds. Back to work ! Sustainable and with care.

It'll be a long, long time I fear. They do have history (of the bad kind) with imported diseases, and there's a vociferous minority that wants more autonomy. Back when I went there in '19 there were still protests around that luxury hotel.