FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South America (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america-483/)
-   -   Current travel situation to Chile (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america/2052886-current-travel-situation-chile.html)

Viajero Perpetuo Sep 22, 2022 5:46 pm

As this is Chile, carry all jab records with you.

Brianguy11 Sep 27, 2022 8:28 am

For foreign tourists to chile, it looks like now you just need a vaccine card and your passport.... does fully vaccinated require a booster also?

sullim4 Sep 27, 2022 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Brianguy11 (Post 34634685)
For foreign tourists to chile, it looks like now you just need a vaccine card and your passport.... does fully vaccinated require a booster also?

Do you mean the bivalent booster or just the third jab? They let us in with 3 (well, we have 4, but the woman at Los Libertadores didn't bother to flip my vaccine card to see the fourth dose). I think 2 would be just fine as well.

Like I said, SCL didn't give a rat's behind. Nobody (PDI or the Salud workers) asked to see our card or verify anything. Same with LATAM in LAX.

behuman Sep 28, 2022 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Brianguy11 (Post 34634685)

THIS is the critical question.

As per https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/ it looks like that you have to be vaccinated according to the "the vaccination schedule for your country". Does not specify of residence, citizenship or origin. Leaves a lot of space for interpretation. For example healthy under 65's are NOT eligible for a second booster in Switzerland.

In case of doubt, I would get a PCR test before departure, but this does not solve the matter of Rapa Nui if one plans to go there.

Flying Machine Sep 28, 2022 5:26 am

Email Just Received from US State Dept (US Embassy Santiago) for US Citizens

Event: On October 1, 2022, the Government of Chile will change the COVID related entry and exit requirements for Chile.

The main changes include:

· Chilean travel restrictions have been lifted.

· U.S. Citizens can enter Chile with government-issued identification and a vaccination certificate issued by the country in which they were vaccinated.

· Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within a maximum of 48 hours at their last point of departure prior to their arrival in Chile.

· Only Chilean nationals (including dual nationals) returning from abroad will be randomly tested at the airport upon arrival.

· Proof of Health Insurance is no longer required. However, it is recommended to travel with health insurance that has coverage for SARS CoV 2 (COVID19). Please keep in mind that Medicare will not provide medical coverage in Chile.

· Masks are no longer required, except inside medical facilities (clinics, hospitals, laboratories, etc.).

zig666 Oct 2, 2022 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 34637334)
Event: On October 1, 2022, the Government of Chile will change the COVID related entry and exit requirements for Chile.

The main changes include:

· Chilean travel restrictions have been lifted.

· U.S. Citizens can enter Chile with government-issued identification and a vaccination certificate issued by the country in which they were vaccinated.

· Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within a maximum of 48 hours at their last point of departure prior to their arrival in Chile.

· Only Chilean nationals (including dual nationals) returning from abroad will be randomly tested at the airport upon arrival.

· Proof of Health Insurance is no longer required. However, it is recommended to travel with health insurance that has coverage for SARS CoV 2 (COVID19). Please keep in mind that Medicare will not provide medical coverage in Chile.

· Masks are no longer required, except inside medical facilities (clinics, hospitals, laboratories, etc.).

is the online entry declaration still required?
Timatic says yes, yet the website appears inoperable.

Viajero Perpetuo Oct 2, 2022 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by zig666 (Post 34647840)
is the online entry declaration still required?
Timatic says yes, yet the website appears inoperable.

I just checked TImatic and it says nothing about the c19 declaration which went away over a month ago.

zig666 Oct 3, 2022 2:18 am

United Timatic still lists it, but looks like the fixed the website. Am I confusing two different things?

Warning: Passengers must have: - a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated; or - a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 48 hours before boarding of the last direct flight to Chile. This does not apply to passengers younger than 18 years. A completed "SAG Affidavit" must be presented upon arrival. The form can be submitted online before departure at www.sagingresoachile.cl. This does not apply to passengers younger than 18 years.

zig666 Oct 3, 2022 2:25 am

i think I assumed both where the same as neither did work yesterday.

behuman Oct 3, 2022 3:55 am

no panic

Originally Posted by zig666 (Post 34650163)
United Timatic still lists it, but looks like the fixed the website. Am I confusing two different things?
SAG Affidavi

The SAG affidavit had always to be filled in before passing customs, it is from the Servicio Agricola y Ganadero (SAG) :D. Nothing to do with the Covid drama. Airlines should hand it out before arrival.

Eastbay1K Oct 3, 2022 9:37 am

Originally Posted by behuman (Post 34650261)
The SAG affidavit had always to be filled in before passing customs, it is from the Servicio Agricola y Ganadero (SAG) :D. Nothing to do with the Covid drama. Airlines should hand it out before arrival.

Not anymore - you can complete it on your phone, or in paper on the ground (subject to someone else flying on another airline contradicting this information).

zig666 Oct 4, 2022 5:28 pm

In case anybody is wondering - no random testing this morning. straights quick way through.

Viajero Perpetuo Oct 4, 2022 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by zig666 (Post 34655116)
In case anybody is wondering - no random testing this morning. straights quick way through.

And the SAG form, online or paper?

Also, was there a baggage drop off for domestic connections?

sullim4 Oct 6, 2022 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo (Post 34655352)

SAG form was online with LATAM a few weeks ago. The customs folks barely bothered to look at the resulting confirmation.

It was paper on our bus ride over Los Libertadores.

Re: Baggage drop - I didn't look too hard for this, admittedly, but I didn't find anything.

On a similar topic - I was not happy with the official taxi folks at the kiosk in between the customs area and the exit. I wanted to pay for a ride to Las Condes with a credit card, and they insisted that the driver accepted cards and that I was not to pay at the desk, despite everyone online saying this was the procedure. Of course, he only took cash - and I didn't have any pesos on me. So I had to drive around with him to find an open Redbanc ATM to pay him (this took quite some time actually - several locations were closed or only open to clients of that bank).

zig666 Oct 6, 2022 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo (Post 34655352)

I did online form, no paper. Showed on phone on exiting baggage claim, no issue.
I had no domestic connection so can't speak to that.