FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South America (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america-483/)
-   -   Current travel situation to Chile (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america/2052886-current-travel-situation-chile.html)

Flying Machine Jul 29, 2022 9:55 am

If I’m traveling to Chile end of October early November when should I apply for the paso de movilidad? Thanks in advance

Viajero Perpetuo Jul 29, 2022 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 34468994)
If I’m traveling to Chile end of October early November when should I apply for the paso de movilidad? Thanks in advance

They are supposedly approving or rejecting with what you need to correct within 48 hours. So a week or so out. Also the medical alert comes up for review late September as it is set to expire at the end of that month. Fingers crossed that all this mandate madness ends then and there.

sullim4 Jul 30, 2022 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 34468994)

Personally, I would do it now and just get it over with. My wife and I did it in June for our trip in September, and as Viajero Perpetuo mentioned - it takes a couple days for approval.

behuman Aug 3, 2022 3:09 am

validity paso de movilidad - when the circus will end

Originally Posted by sullim4 (Post 34472504)
Personally, I would do it now and just get it over with - it takes a couple days for approval.

Many may not get the paso de movilidad even with a booster if it is more than four month old. Despite the health ministry stating in their FAQ that they take into consideration the vaccine scheme of the country of origin. My paso de movilidad has been disabled even my country of origin does not offer a second booster for under 80 years old.

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo (Post 34469058)
Also the medical alert comes up for review late September as it is set to expire at the end of that month. Fingers crossed that all this mandate madness ends then and there.

"Mandate madness" indeed, I am in admiration of the cool blooded Chilean population who accepts this circus for more than 2,5 years now. This said, I was NEVER asked a paso de movilidad except for a domestic flight in February 2022 when Covid was at its peak. Getting the business was the main focus of all places. Tables have been everywhere well distances though.

behuman Aug 13, 2022 6:38 am

paso de movilidad obsolete for travellers

From 1 September 2022 travellers bound for Chile need to be vaccinated * and upon boarding their flight to Chile only have to show the vaccination certificate of their country.
This cerificate along with the ID document will be valid as a paso de moviidad.
No C19 affidavit needed anymore.
48 hours PCR also does the trick

* whatever that means, second boosters in most EU countries are not yet available for the broad population, so it might be wise to get a PCR test 48 hours before traveling

source: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/ (scroll down changes 1 September 2022)

Flying Machine Aug 13, 2022 8:42 am

That is good news! Any update regarding the Heath Insurance requirements?

Viajero Perpetuo Aug 13, 2022 9:56 am

The health insurance requirement was dropped weeks before the latest announcement.

And I'm hoping for them not renewing the Medical Alert which expires September 30 and dropping the whole mandate madness for everyone.

Flying Machine Aug 13, 2022 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo (Post 34511841)
The health insurance requirement was dropped weeks before the latest announcement.

And I'm hoping for them not renewing the Medical Alert which expires September 30 and dropping the whole mandate madness for everyone.

Thank you! For further the clarification. A US passport holder, traveling from Argentina will only require current vaccine status. I have my first 2+ a booster. No other forms to fill out nothing else? Appreciate your insight

Viajero Perpetuo Aug 13, 2022 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 34511985)
Thank you! For further the clarification. A US passport holder, traveling from Argentina will only require current vaccine status. I have my first 2+ a booster. No other forms to fill out nothing else? Appreciate your insight

If you have your vac certs, then they and your ID serves as your mobility pass as a tourist beginning 1 September. This is sure not to go down well with all Chileans as there is now a blatant lesser standard for tourists vs. citizens and residents when it comes to the Constitution and freedom of movement where supposedly all are equal or nearly equal under the law.

Of course, remains to be seen if implementation is chaotic or not with this government of primarily youngsters in their first real jobs of responsibility.

Flying Machine Aug 13, 2022 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo (Post 34512071)
If you have your vac certs, then they and your ID serves as your mobility pass as a tourist beginning 1 September. This is sure not to go down well with all Chileans as there is now a blatant lesser standard for tourists vs. citizens and residents when it comes to the Constitution and freedom of movement where supposedly all are equal or nearly equal under the law.

Of course, remains to be seen if implementation is chaotic or not with this government of primarily youngsters in their first real jobs of responsibility.

Appreciate the insight and quick reply!

behuman Aug 13, 2022 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 34511985)

A second booster is required for Chilean residents after 4 month since the first booster (my paso de movilidad has been disabled). and exactly this point is confusing. In their FAQ section they state that the country of residence vaccine schedule counts.

As a precaution I would get a PCR test 48 hours before final departure to Chile anyway.

Let's give the youngster communists a chance, the establishment abused too much the situation but the desillusion may be bigger than we all imagine and they are now desperate for cash. Best is to ignore Covid anyway how it is done now in Europe.

sullim4 Aug 13, 2022 4:49 pm

Any idea whether the random tests on arrival are still a thing with these changes?

Eastbay1K Aug 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by behuman (Post 34512380)

Let's give the youngster communists a chance, the establishment abused too much the situation but the desillusion may be bigger than we all imagine and they are now desperate for cash. Best is to ignore Covid anyway how it is done now in Europe.

Yes, better the younger communists than the old fascists!

behuman Aug 13, 2022 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by sullim4 (Post 34512643)
Any idea whether the random tests on arrival are still a thing with these changes?

The random tests are a risk for any traveller which I believe, can be mitigated taking a pre departure PCR test in the country of origin which will also avoid any discussion regarding vaccination schedule.

For Rapa Nui I am afraid that it will be a "no go" for the time being. Too much risk, too much uncertainity.

Viajero Perpetuo Aug 14, 2022 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 34512695)
Yes, better the younger communists than the old fascists!

Rechazo is winning at the moment not because of old fascists but because of old center leftists, independents and the generation of the working class that actually did see improvements and upward mobility and now see through the wealthy communists lies and trap setting. Yes, it is mainly the young who are still living at home, still in school, indoctrinated over two decades and surprisingly of the upper middle class and above that are diehard Apruebo.

This vote is mandatory and I will indeed be voting again in Chile. I caution all tourists to not stay in Santiago Centro the night of September 4. Stay to the east of Costanera Center in El Golf.