FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South America (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america-483/)
-   -   Current travel situation to Chile (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-america/2052886-current-travel-situation-chile.html)

BlatheringPenguin Dec 10, 2021 1:43 am

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin (Post 33798252)
Correct. I'm aware of people arriving in the past couple days who've had the rules applied correctly. I'm aware of people who arrived within the first couple of days of December who who were incorrectly put into 7 day quarantine and were unable to get the issue resolved, so simply did their quarantine. If at all possible I would not plan to arrive in the first few days after an expected rule change.

Some additional data points:
Several travelers in recent days received their negative test results by ~5pm (having arrived on AM flights from the USA), but only found out they were negative by checking the lab website on the receipt you get for the PCR test. Their mobility passes remained disabled and the mevacuno.gob.cl website did not immediately register the tests. Sometime overnight their first night in-country the negative test information made it into the system and their passes were enabled and the mevacuno.gob.cl properly showed their negative test results.
So, the system seems to be working, but be aware that you aren't technically out of quarantine until your pass is enabled and that may be some delayed behind when you can see you have a negative PCR result. I certainly wouldn't count on going out to dinner my first night in-country, but it's reasonable to hope that you'll have your enabled mobility pass by the start of your first full day (assuming you arrived in the morning).

behuman Dec 10, 2021 10:34 am

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin (Post 33800386)
but only found out they were negative by checking the lab website on the receipt you get for the PCR test. Their mobility passes remained disabled and the mevacuno.gob.cl website did not immediately register the tests.

Interesting heads up, thank you. This means everybody is still tested free of charge upon arrival, no need to book a private test then.

Wonder how they manage the huge queue when a couple of widebodies arrive at the same time. SCL was a chaos before already (perhaps due to the extension works)

stan1162 Dec 11, 2021 7:09 am

We were there Nov 12th a.m.

Originally Posted by behuman (Post 33801410)
Interesting heads up, thank you. This means everybody is still tested free of charge upon arrival, no need to book a private test then.

Wonder how they manage the huge queue when a couple of widebodies arrive at the same time. SCL was a chaos before already (perhaps due to the extension works)

We flew into SCL on the morning of the 12th on AA. There were 100 "booths" open to check mobility passes, then onto testing. Not 100 testing stations, but at least 16. Took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Really efficient. I applaud them.

TBD Dec 11, 2021 7:26 am

Originally Posted by behuman (Post 33801410)

The wide bodies were full before. Doesn't seem like they are these days. :(

TBD Dec 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Does anyone know which vaccine is which?

When you submit the vaccine type, there is a drop down that lists three different Moderna options, two different Pfizer options, etc.

To my knowledge, there is only one Moderna and one Pfizer vaccine in the market ...

Doors Closing Dec 13, 2021 7:54 am

Originally Posted by aau (Post 33794616)
Well I got my vaccine approval today. My departure is on Thursday so I was mentally prepared to cancel this trip. Now I'm scrambling to see if I can get everything together. Already did a PCR test this morning and had the results accepted by Verifly. Now I'm working on the travel authorization and its already asking for proof of medical insurance. Anyone have a link to something reputable I can purchase online and get proof of coverage right away? TIA

How long did it take to get the vaccine approval?

pichalite Dec 13, 2021 9:07 am

Hello people. I created and submitted a request for vaccine verification on Dec 8. My account asked me to upload passport bio page in the profile and then I was able to upload the vaccine in the validation page. Both are still showing as pending. My friend created an account much earlier but submitted the vaccine request on Dec 8th. They had to upload their passport bio page in the vaccine page and not profile page. Their request was approved on Dec 10th.

Has anyone been in the same situation as me w.r.t the portal? Anyone who submitted in last few days got approved, can you please give the turn around time? I am planning to go on Dec 23rd around and the uncertainty is wrecking.

behuman Dec 13, 2021 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Doors Closing (Post 33808193)
How long did it take to get the vaccine approval?

For a vaccine validation (registration done before they asked the identity verification) it took 48 hours - incredible. Made on 11 December, just returned now.

For an application validatet on 29 September 2021 (theoretically expired) it is impossible to renew and when clicking on the new affidavit link it still works.This worries me.

It appears they are adapting their procedures as previously they did not ask to verify identity. Also the direct link to the affidavit is new.

Viajero Perpetuo Dec 13, 2021 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by behuman (Post 33808849)
For an application validatet on 29 September 2021 (theoretically expired) it is impossible to renew and when clicking on the new affidavit link it still works.This worries me.

I never found an official gov. release about the removal of the 45 day entry rule or the dropping of the PCR requirement to the Región de Magallanes but both appear to have happened without any gob.cl announcement. The only place I saw both as the new rules was on:

https://fedetur.cl/24694/actividades...as-protegidas/

See points 10 and 50.

This is the formal group representing the interests of the entire tourist industry within Chile.

pichalite Dec 14, 2021 9:45 am

Dec 8 - Created account. Submitted Identity verification and Vaccine verification
Dec 11 - Edited vaccine information to include booster shot
Dec 14 - Identity and Vaccine accepted. Received mobile pass

Eastbay1K Dec 14, 2021 10:12 am

Has anyone called the "600" number for assistance, and if so, was it helpful? One of us - approved within 9 days. The other, several days later it shows as 'check your mail" as it is still pending something, fill in form function isn't working properly, and you can't re-upload things, so we've no idea the issue. No email received (except for the initial one) - checked the spam, accidentally deleted, etc.

stan1162 Dec 14, 2021 4:35 pm

Sister called

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 33811796)
Has anyone called the "600" number for assistance, and if so, was it helpful? One of us - approved within 9 days. The other, several days later it shows as 'check your mail" as it is still pending something, fill in form function isn't working properly, and you can't re-upload things, so we've no idea the issue. No email received (except for the initial one) - checked the spam, accidentally deleted, etc.

Mine got accepted, husbands got lost. He was pending, then disspeard! My sister who lived in Mexico, and has pretty good Spanish, called, and we got on a 3-way call and the nice lady "forced" my husbands application through. I had ALL his info at hand. Vax info, dates, places, Passport, everything. We were getting very nervous. Only about 5 days before our departure to Santiago for our Antarctic cruise.

Zwiebelbauer Dec 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Any updates on how the daily form works if you're camping in an area without service, or on a cruise without internet, etc?

Viajero Perpetuo Dec 16, 2021 5:38 am

For camping, you will just have to explain the lapses and for say the Antarctic cruise, those are special and the ship reports for you during the days at sea.

TBD Dec 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Another data point for the crowd - just got my identity and vaccination review back in just four days.