Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:30 am

I think SIA has factored this in already. Considering we were expecting the first SIA 2006 flight at the end of March or April and it has now been pushed to July... IIRC
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:04 am

Hello.. I'm StarG's friend/business partner and have asked him to put my name down as well.
Any idea if I can ticket it as part of RTW ?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:31 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Finally, soesilo! Welcome to FT & the SQ board.
CGK has forwarded your name to his contact at SQ.
As to whether or not one can ticket the inaugural as part of a RTW, I don't think anyone knows yet. Demand is expected to be high so we don't know if there are going to be D class inventory available on the inaugurals.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:34 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Just found out yesterday that cabin crew training for the A380 which was scheduled to start at the end of this year has been postponed to early next year. The current scheduled first flight may also be pushed back from July to August 2006.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 5:04 am

These pics were taken by StarG so they may have some validity since he's such a valued customer of SQ. He has it on good authority that these are the new seats for the 380

New Skysuite :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ewSkysuite.jpg

New Spacebed :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ewSpacebed.jpg

I have my doubts though....
Old Apr 16, 2005, 6:32 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by shortfinals
Looks like they still haven't fixed the sliding issue with the Spacebed... The new SkySuite looks comfy, though! LOL!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:15 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by shortfinals
These pics were taken by StarG so they may have some validity since he's such a valued customer of SQ. He has it on good authority that these are the new seats for the 380

New Skysuite :
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ewSkysuite.jpg
Bear in mind that the new SkySuite will offer the BIGGEST (vertical) personal space in the sky! Watch out, CX!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 9:13 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I am adding this link from UA Forum regarding A380:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=12957
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Reminds me, has anyone gotten any email (other than sign-up confirmation) from SQ?
Old Apr 17, 2005, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Reminds me, has anyone gotten any email (other than sign-up confirmation) from SQ?
I don't think so, there hasn't been much to tell since as the bird hasn't even flown yet. Having said that, I tend to think that was more to do with SQ taking the opportunity to generate some publicity and remind people they're the 'First to Fly'.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I've registered on SQ website. Just only sign up confirmation at this stage ... I guess all you PPS will be ahead for any events ...lowly me having only a *G.

Originally Posted by CGK
... I even mentioned to them that StarG, KiwiFlyer, ManFlyer, Flamboyant1, and others are interested as well (I gave them your country location so that the SQ offices there would get the message as well). So, hopefully they will follow up about this matter. And hopefully by August this year, the flight info will be loaded in the system.
CGK - Is your list in addition to the SQ email sign up? If not, please can you put me on your list. I can email you my details privately. Cheers

Does anyone know if SQ will have any A380 inaugural event, sneak preview, etc in London next year? Just how can I get myself invited, I wonder?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
Just heard from someone in SQ that the first email for the A380 will be out tommorrow.. ^
Old Apr 20, 2005, 9:52 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Oh...It is 2.00 pm Paris time and still no A-380 newsletter in my mailbox. Must be late night in Singapore now.
Still waiting...

Last edited by CDG1; Apr 21, 2005 at 6:07 am
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Savage25
Just found out yesterday that cabin crew training for the A380 which was scheduled to start at the end of this year has been postponed to early next year. The current scheduled first flight may also be pushed back from July to August 2006.
According to European news accounts the plane is out for taxiing & braketests. The maiden flight is now scheduled for sometime next week - about 1 month later than announced at the rollout.

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...ft/489830.html
(in German only)
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Jubilee777
Just heard from someone in SQ that the first email for the A380 will be out tommorrow.. ^
So where is it?!! No one I know has received anything???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.