Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I was talking to the PR manager in the UK yesterday, he told me there is major interest in the inaugural services and already a significant list of potential passengers. It looks like if you want to be on in the premium seats it will be PPS only and probably full fare, anyone else will be full fare down the back if they get on at all. He thought it highly unlikely that there would be a single award seat in any cabin on the usual SIA basis of 'they won't need any'.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by MovieMan
Hopefully I'll have made TPP by then...
Please forgive my ignorance. I am not fully knowledgeable about the SQ programme. What does TPP stand for? Is it Solitaire PPS?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:39 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
Please forgive my ignorance. I am not fully knowledgeable about the SQ programme. What does TPP stand for? Is it Solitaire PPS?
Yup. TPP=Solitaire, QPP=Qualified (Regular) PPS, LPP=Life Solitaire
Old Feb 14, 2005, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
I was watching the latest installment on the TLC series covering the construction of the A380 last night and they showed QF's chairman touring the "real prototype interior" (as in this is what people will actually consider) and it showed four classes - First, Business, Premium Economy (essentially what SQ offers) and Economy (acres of seats at 32" pitch).
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:15 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
So who really wants to get on the inaugural of those here on the SQ board ?

I would love to, but probably will be out of luck. 22 F seats on such a flight are mostly blocked or gone pretty soon.

Please drop me a mail CGK or StarG when you know more about when the flight will be scheduled and when it will be bookable. Better be quick to snatch a good seat if at all possible.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
I´d love to go on one of the first SQ flights, and could probably even "offer" myself to go economy , just to be on it....soo pls let me know what it takes !!. ;-)
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
Me, as long I can make the schedule work out.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,

I would love to, but probably will be out of luck. 22 F seats on such a flight are mostly blocked or gone pretty soon.
There are a few of us hoping to be on it, obviously depending on when it actually is etc. SQ322 in July next year if the a/c is ready on time.

SQ have been a little taken aback by the requests from people wanting to be on it (although I can't imagine why) so they are going to have to prioritise requests.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
How do you request to be on it? Is there a list somewhere?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:12 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Me, too. May opt for C only, because if F full of celebrities and politician, it will not be a FUN flight as the lowly pax in F. (It's from the experience of being in the same cabin as some politician and/or celebrities, they are too demanding, and I felt sorry for the FAs at that time). Of course the main concern will be my budget. I want to do SIN-LHR turnaround LHR-SIN, and if the flight goes to SYD, I will do that as well. That's in my dream at the moment.

Last edited by CGK; Feb 17, 2005 at 10:18 pm Reason: Addition
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:16 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I must be sleepy. Did some incorrect cut and paste.

Last edited by CGK; Feb 17, 2005 at 10:17 pm Reason: Correction
Old Feb 18, 2005, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
How do you request to be on it? Is there a list somewhere?
It would appear that they have some form of list of the people who have told them they want to be on it. Hence they've realised it's considerable. They've had a lot of interest from non-SQ FF'ers as well.

Have you actually registered your interest with your PPS co-ordinator or whoever you deal with at SQ ?. If not it may be wise to do so...
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:41 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Have you actually registered your interest with your PPS co-ordinator or whoever you deal with at SQ ?. If not it may be wise to do so...
Good suggestion! I'm on it... ^ I was just hoping they'd read this thread.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 5:16 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Just e-mailed the local PPS coordinator to let them know I am interested.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 9:00 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Tried to get information about this from the German Office in FRA. A little bit chaotic, the office told me the list of people is handled by reservation. The Reservation told me they did not have a list yet, as you could not book ticket yet. After some calls, I get someone who now will do (start ?) this list. I think, I will also send a mail to SQ in SIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.