Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
A couple of tit-bits I heard last week. It is hoped to make some form of official launch of the new Y, C & F in Singapore in August. They are keeping the new products under pretty tight wraps at the moment. Anyone else been dragged out of the SKL to try anything recently ?

They are also looking to get the new Raffles installed in some of the new 773ER's.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:14 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
They are also looking to get the new Raffles installed in some of the new 773ER's.
Some? I was assuming ALL since they were for long hauls.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StarG
Some? I was assuming ALL since they were for long hauls.
That's the idea, but is obviously subject to getting the new Raffles 'out' in time I suppose. When are the 773ER's due to start arriving ?
Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:47 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
That's the idea, but is obviously subject to getting the new Raffles 'out' in time I suppose. When are the 773ER's due to start arriving ?
2006 according to their website ... same year as the A380.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 8:21 am

A couple of tit-bits I heard last week. It is hoped to make some form of official launch of the new Y, C & F in Singapore in August. They are keeping the new products under pretty tight wraps at the moment. Anyone else been dragged out of the SKL to try anything recently ?

Intriguing news. I wonder if the 773ER will omit a FIRST Class. I think a lot of FT'ers would hope not non?
Old Mar 28, 2005, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StarG
2006 according to their website ... same year as the A380.
That will tie in nicely with a new Raffles for both then .

Should be getting the 773ER's on the MAN run ^ , with the 744 twice a week via ZRH coming to a halt .
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by CDG1
It looks like nobody is quite sure of which will be the historic SQ inaugural flight. I will try hard to be on it too...
Just saw on the BBC that it'll be SYD-LHR

Is the new Raffles the one with the spacebeds. . or something different?

Last edited by uhoo; Mar 29, 2005 at 8:45 am
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uhoo
Just saw on the BBC that it'll be SYD-LHR

Is the new Raffles the one with the spacebeds. . or something different?
I sincerely doubt the first SQ A380 flight will originate in SYD.

Spacebeds have been around for a number of years, SQ are introducing a new Raffles Class for the A380 and 773ER.

On a BBC 'note', not sure if it will be shown on BBC World but on Fast Track Travel last weekend on BBC News 24 in the UK it had a feature on LHR T3 and the preparations for the A380. Worth checking out if you get the same programme.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:38 am

Luckily, nothing intersting was on at that time and I saw it on News 24 too.

It's nice that BAA are investing for the A380. Good to see that SIA A380 passengers will encounter a nicer entrance on arrival at LHR than the rest of the terminal which is poorly designed with lighting which can only be described as intriguing, and drab carpets.

Unfortunately, the reporter said that the first flight would be London to Sydney, rather than mentioning Singapore by name. For shame on him/her.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I believe the first two A380s that SQ receive will fly SQ317/SQ322 LHR service from SIN with the third aircraft delivered adding connecting A380 service to SYD. Then NRT and then SQ1/SQ2 to SFO via HKG. Finally, one of the FRA flights.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:03 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I sincerely doubt the first SQ A380 flight will originate in SYD.
Agree with that. Why SQ wants to start from SYD?

On a BBC 'note', not sure if it will be shown on BBC World but on Fast Track Travel last weekend on BBC News 24 in the UK it had a feature on LHR T3 and the preparations for the A380. Worth checking out if you get the same programme.
Just saw it in BBC Fast Track. I could picture it now how big the new gate/terminal as shown by Karen Bowerman. So far I only could see some construction from the SKL, but now I can imagine the massive building that will block the view from SKL. Do you think there will be a special jetway from SKL to the gate?

Originally Posted by zvezda
I believe the first two A380s that SQ receive will fly SQ317/SQ322 LHR service from SIN with the third aircraft delivered adding connecting A380 service to SYD. Then NRT and then SQ1/SQ2 to SFO via HKG. Finally, one of the FRA flights.
Very interesting. Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:36 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by LightSpeed
WSJ is running a story about the the A380's evacuation readiness tests.

- Strict pass criteria: 853 people to be evacuated in 90 seconds, with half the exit doors malfunctioning
Why 853? The plane seats only about 550.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Why 853? The plane seats only about 550.
The A380 can be configured by the customer (an airline) with up to 853 seats if Airbus can get it so certified by completing an evacuation test. Some customers will want to pack in 800 seats or more, though SQ will probably configure their A380s with about 500 seats.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:09 pm

Programs: SQSolitaire,Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, CO Platinum,
Flash - Delay In 380 Maiden Flight?

Also on the downside, shares in European aerospace giant EADS fell 1.9 percent on prospects of the maiden flight of the superjumbo Airbus A380 airliner being delayed. EADS owns 80 percent of Airbus.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:30 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Maybe a delay in the inaugrural passenger flight, but only tests are delayed for sure at this moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.