Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PPS run - does such a thing exist?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SQFAN
(Q1) Can the routes mentioned in this thread be done in reverse and still get the same PPS sectors?
As in opposite directions involving the same cities?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
SQFAN, yes, you can reverse the order. Just be sure you get the segment booked with SQ flight numbers. It is not required to issue on SQ ticket stock. I have had many SQ flights on LH and UA ticket stock.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:59 pm

Rejuvenated - yup.

Zvezda - once again thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:19 am

Just found out from Krisflyer that SQ codeshare flights do not earn you PPS sectors. Also my TA enquired and got the same response from SQ. Drats! Back to the drawing board.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The routings in posts #34 & #42 dont rely on codeshares - all SQ sectors are on SQ metal.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:31 am

Just found out from Krisflyer that SQ codeshare flights do not earn you PPS sectors. Also my TA enquired and got the same response from SQ. Drats! Back to the drawing board.
By any chance, was it the KrisFlyer folks at the UK call center that you talked to?

I called KrisFlyer in Singapore and gave the example of the LH-operated codeshare FRA-SIN. The KrisFlyer agent confirmed with his supervisor that if the ticket is issued as an SQ ticket with an SQ flight number (forgot to check whether he meant SQ stock), the flight -- even though operated by a partner -- will earn you PPS sectors / miles.

Do you want to try calling them in Singapore and letting us know what they tell you?

Last edited by jjpb3; Jul 19, 2005 at 6:21 am Reason: clarity
Old Jul 19, 2005, 2:22 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Don't bother calling....everyone will give you a different answer. I emailed them about a specific SQ 4-digit codeshare flight and this is the reply I got:

Dear Mr Savage25,

Thank you for your email to KrisFlyer Membership Services received on
x xxxx 2005.

We have checked with the relevant department and they have advised
that for your codeshare flight, if the ticket is reflected as marketed as
Singapore Airlines i.e the ticket number begins with 618 , the flight
will be eligible for PPS sectors.

Mr Savage25, we hope we have addressed your concern/s and look forward
to welcoming you on board our flights soon.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxxx
Programme Support
KrisFlyer Membership Services

Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:54 am

Thanks guys Savage25 & jjpb3

Wished SQ can give me a consistent answer.

I called up Krisflyer in the UK and it seemed like a call centre type response.

I think the best bet is to plan up my RTW and get SQ to confirm if the codeshare(s) will earn PPS sectors.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:27 am

I called up Krisflyer in the UK and it seemed like a call centre type response.
I try not to deal with the UK call center when I need to do something more complicated than, oh, checking to see if an award waitlist has cleared. They don't seem to know much beyond the basics.

Good luck with the drawing board! ^
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:22 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Savage25: I thought what matters is the SQ flight number, not the ticket stock (618)?
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:37 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StarG
Savage25: I thought what matters is the SQ flight number, not the ticket stock (618)?
What I gather from the email is that its both the SQ flight number and SQ ticket stock (which works for me), although the ticket stock didn't seem to matter in zvezda's case.

You can tell by the poor writing style that its not a canned answer
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Savage25
What I gather from the email is that its both the SQ flight number and SQ ticket stock (which works for me), although the ticket stock didn't seem to matter in zvezda's case.
I don't recall which ticket stock I had, but probably LH stock with a 220 ticket number.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
The other threads regarding LPPS made me think a bit, and I'm sure someone here would have a hack at it.. I'm wondering what would be the cheapest way to reach LPPS and in the fastest time possible, if a person is to start from scratch having no status with SQ. Anyone want a go at it? hehe...
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Fastest and cheapest ways are probably different. Eg cheapest may be CMB-US west coast runs, or failing that carefully constructed (and nested) RTWs. However there are faster routings with lots of short connections (12.5/15.0 sectors per 48 hours).
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
well, I think the fastest way might be take SIN-LHR and back in F, every first nonstop flight you can catch.. can theorectically get LPP1 in after about 125 days of nonstop flying, doing 12 sectors every 36 hours or so, at a cost of roughly 800,000 USD and probably much much more in medical expenses afterwards... (probably could negotiate a much lower fare with SQ if someone is actually insane enough to do this)

for RTWs, I remember the most number of SQ sectors I could fit into any 1 RTW was 26 at a cost of about 9000 USD each, taking up 1 week including a few stops. That's a cost of 350,000 USD for 1000 sectors in a little less than 10 months of flying, all in F class.

Easiest might be if you live in CGK, and have to commute to SIN on a daily basis in F class. 3 sectors a day, 334 days of commuting, excluding weekends you can get LPPS in less than 1.5 years.. cost is about 200,000 USD (lower if you get a route deal with SQ). Can also be done with 3 roundtrips a day, taking only 112 days of daily flying.

Not sure about the CMB deals, as I've never done those before, but not sure if it can be as cheap as the CGK-SIN method flying in F... Probably much cheaper in C though...

Anyone else got other crazy ideas? haha

Last edited by tfung; Aug 1, 2005 at 11:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.