Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PPS run - does such a thing exist?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 9:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hertz 5*, Sixt Plat
PPS with one *RTW in C?

This is probably a strange question but I hope you can help me here. I'll have a *RTW trip in C next year (not sure which one I'll take but much likely 29k or 34k). A lot of flights will be with SQ metal. So I thought it might be worth to double dip and credit the segments towards PPS. My simple question is if it is theoretical possible to become PPS with just one RTW in C and a good routing?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 8:54 pm

I was under the impression that the previous 24 pages were more or less about that??? (trying to get 25 sectors or more!)
Old Dec 28, 2006, 9:35 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aurigakb
I was under the impression that the previous 24 pages were more or less about that??? (trying to get 25 sectors or more!)
To be fair to flylogic, I think he / she started a separate thread, and that thread has been merged with this one, presumably by our moderator, although he did not leave any "fingerprints" behind...
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hertz 5*, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kpc
To be fair to flylogic, I think he / she started a separate thread, and that thread has been merged with this one, presumably by our moderator, although he did not leave any "fingerprints" behind...
Exactly! Sorry that I wasn't aware of this thread, full of helpful information regarding my topic/question.

Cheers
flylogic
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:54 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kpc
sorry about that
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:00 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by StarG
- Cabin staff address you by your name even in Y.
unless your name is CGK...

I think that the reason is that they are so STUNNED that he would be in Y, they cannot believe it and think he's a fake
Old Jan 1, 2007, 4:59 am

Programs: Krisflyer,QPPS01
ey guys way for an auzzie to get pps

hey guys im KF gold ,

i fly from brisbane hea- i was wondering what would be the cheapest way to attain PPS status - im guessing buy a ticket into singapore and then from there its up to u guys
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:29 am

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
Just realized you can earn SQ PPS sectors on the following VS routes:

Miles - Business Class Sector Earn

UK to N.A
LHR-BOS 3265 - 2.5
LHR-LAX 5456 - 3.75
LHR-MIA 5425 - 3.75
LHR-SFO 5367 - 3.75
LHR-IAD 3677 - 2.5
MAN-MCO 4236 - 2.5

UK to M.E.
LHR-DXB 3421 - 2.5

Asia to Australia
SIN-SYD 3907 - 2.5

My question is if I fly from LHR to SFO on VS business class I'll entitle 3.75 sector on SQ KrisFlyer program? Does this 3.75 count towards part of the 25 sectors PPS renewal? I don''t know where to find out whether that portion of the VS flight will carry any SQ code share flight number...?

My planned itinerary from SIN=>LHR=>SFO=>HKG=>SIN

Another question is can I fly this route on the Star Alliance Round The World business class even though VS is not a Star Alliance member yet, someone told me you can leave 1 sector for open jaw, for example from Europe to the U.S. ...?

Last edited by SQ Flyer Talker; Jan 2, 2007 at 12:42 am
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:52 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
I think I'll leave this to the RTW experts. But as VS is not a *partner, you will not be able to use VS in RTW itins.

Yes, you are able though to earn PPS club miles and sectors, as well as KrisFlyer miles flying either SQ, MI or VS. It is stated in the membership guide.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:27 pm

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by kaysquare
Yes, you are able though to earn PPS club miles and sectors, as well as KrisFlyer miles flying either SQ, MI or VS. It is stated in the membership guide.
You can only earn PPS sectors on VS metal only if that flight is SQ-coded.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SQ Flyer Talker
My question is if I fly from LHR to SFO on VS business class I'll entitle 3.75 sector on SQ KrisFlyer program? Does this 3.75 count towards part of the 25 sectors PPS renewal? I don''t know where to find out whether that portion of the VS flight will carry any SQ code share flight number...?

My planned itinerary from SIN=>LHR=>SFO=>HKG=>SIN

Another question is can I fly this route on the Star Alliance Round The World business class even though VS is not a Star Alliance member yet, someone told me you can leave 1 sector for open jaw, for example from Europe to the U.S. ...?
You want either a pure SQ RTW or an Escapade RTW. To get the PPS sectors for the VS segment, make sure that flight is ticketed with the SQ flight number rather than the VS flight number.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:58 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Originally Posted by aerosmith
You can only earn PPS sectors on VS metal only if that flight is SQ-coded.
My bad. Guess aerosmith's alot clearer. BUt then, flights on VS still earn Elite miles. So no PPS miles/sectors unless its SQ coded, am I right?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by kaysquare
My bad. Guess aerosmith's alot clearer. BUt then, flights on VS still earn Elite miles. So no PPS miles/sectors unless its SQ coded, am I right?
Quite (correct, that is)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.