Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Miles and status expirations during coronavirus situation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles and status expirations during coronavirus situation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Was just coming to post that as I just received an email. Excellent!! I had 150k expiring between June 2020 and June 2021 so this is extremely helpful. Thanks Singapore!!
Same here. Got the email yesterday and was very happy to see that my January`s expiration is extended.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I have a ticket that I'm thinking I'll either need to cancel, or will end up being unusable. Seems like Australian borders might be closed for most of next year too. It's still early, but I'm wondering...I booked a one way ticket to Australia from Canada with Krisflyer miles. Originally it was a different ticket, which I then refunded and rebooked, as they told me the penalty to change was actually gonna be worse. AFAIK all of these miles would expire. I know when I refunded the first ticket I lost a portion of those miles, because they expire in tranches, so even if you HAD used them, they return in their original expiration dates.

Anyone know if I cancel now and my miles would've been expired, they'll be renewed? I don't really wanna cancel this ticket only to find I've pissed away all the miles used.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I have a ticket that I'm thinking I'll either need to cancel, or will end up being unusable. Seems like Australian borders might be closed for most of next year too. It's still early, but I'm wondering...I booked a one way ticket to Australia from Canada with Krisflyer miles. Originally it was a different ticket, which I then refunded and rebooked, as they told me the penalty to change was actually gonna be worse. AFAIK all of these miles would expire. I know when I refunded the first ticket I lost a portion of those miles, because they expire in tranches, so even if you HAD used them, they return in their original expiration dates.

Anyone know if I cancel now and my miles would've been expired, they'll be renewed? I don't really wanna cancel this ticket only to find I've pissed away all the miles used.
let SQ cancel on you and then you will get the miles back, with new expiration.
SQ has been canceling flights 2+ months out.
and the only SQ flight these days from NAmerica is LAX-SIN nonstop, so assuming you are not on that one, your chance of getting cancelled is high

if it's other *A partner then you can deduce what's the likelihood of the flight happening, based on historical trends, and go from there
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by gnomey
SQ has been canceling flights 2+ months out.
and the only SQ flight these days from NAmerica is LAX-SIN nonstop, so assuming you are not on that one, your chance of getting cancelled is high

if it's other *A partner then you can deduce what's the likelihood of the flight happening, based on historical trends, and go from there
Fair enough, yea my flights are with NH and working at YVR I can see that they're not flying every day. I guess I can infer though by your comment that cancelling myself won't turn out well for me ? If that's the case I will just wait for a cancellation, if the borders are open I'll be happy to fly and take the trip, it just sounds more and more like it won't happen. I guess I'm just hoping to get as many of my trips sort of, of the books you know? Even if I'm not getting true refunds, with all the uncertainty it feels dumb to have like 3-4 tickets still outstanding. Which is exactly why I won't be buying anymore (barring an insane deal) until Canada drops it's quarantine requirements.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Fair enough, yea my flights are with NH and working at YVR I can see that they're not flying every day. I guess I can infer though by your comment that cancelling myself won't turn out well for me ? If that's the case I will just wait for a cancellation, if the borders are open I'll be happy to fly and take the trip, it just sounds more and more like it won't happen. I guess I'm just hoping to get as many of my trips sort of, of the books you know? Even if I'm not getting true refunds, with all the uncertainty it feels dumb to have like 3-4 tickets still outstanding. Which is exactly why I won't be buying anymore (barring an insane deal) until Canada drops it's quarantine requirements.
it's unlikely you will be able to enter your destination country. proactive canceling tends to incur fees, waiting for airline to cancel on you doesnt. i understand however the feeling of wanting to get all sort out once and for all so that they dont keep hanging over your head as things-to-do - a call you have to make for yourself.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
The bold part from their website confused me, but glad this is the interpretation.

1. The extended validity of your expiring KrisFlyer miles will be reflected in your account progressively, at the end of each month, before the miles expire. For example, if you have miles expiring on 30 April 2020, you will be able to see that the miles have been extended and are valid till 31 October 2020 in May 2020. Please log in here to view if you have expiring KrisFlyer miles.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:28 pm

Got miles expiring this month and never received an email about extension. Should I assume they will eventually extend them?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by atojbk
Got miles expiring this month and never received an email about extension. Should I assume they will eventually extend them?
yes
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:17 pm

My status was extended earlier this year, but obviously travel remains a standstill and likely till mid 2021 at least.
I did get half the miles deposited required to renew, but there's no way we'll be able to travel until late next year. Many countries are still closed.

Any idea if I should wait to see if there will be further extensions? or shall I email them and explain my situation?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by redsunsdriver
My status was extended earlier this year, but obviously travel remains a standstill and likely till mid 2021 at least.
I did get half the miles deposited required to renew, but there's no way we'll be able to travel until late next year. Many countries are still closed.

Any idea if I should wait to see if there will be further extensions? or shall I email them and explain my situation?
I don't think emailing will make a difference.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...20renewal-pps/
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...2020renewal-kf

SQ will be extending the KF and PPS status by another year.
MEL-World likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
Lovely! Targeting 2022 for travel again so the extension is helpful.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01
Where are you seeing this for KF?
It still shows SIN crediting 50% to obtain status faster for 2021, not an extension
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by redsunsdriver
Where are you seeing this for KF?
It still shows SIN crediting 50% to obtain status faster for 2021, not an extension
2nd link, 4th bullet point
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
2nd link, 4th bullet point
That's only KF miles, no?
The first bullet regarding membership KF status is still to Feb 2021, and 5th bullet is to support renewal.
My status (not miles) was supposed to expire March 2020, but got extended to March 2021. I'm afraid I won't get a chance to fly at all come March 2021 and will probably lose my status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.