FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles and status expirations during coronavirus situation
Old Oct 12, 2020, 11:32 am
gnomey

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Fair enough, yea my flights are with NH and working at YVR I can see that they're not flying every day. I guess I can infer though by your comment that cancelling myself won't turn out well for me ? If that's the case I will just wait for a cancellation, if the borders are open I'll be happy to fly and take the trip, it just sounds more and more like it won't happen. I guess I'm just hoping to get as many of my trips sort of, of the books you know? Even if I'm not getting true refunds, with all the uncertainty it feels dumb to have like 3-4 tickets still outstanding. Which is exactly why I won't be buying anymore (barring an insane deal) until Canada drops it's quarantine requirements.
it's unlikely you will be able to enter your destination country. proactive canceling tends to incur fees, waiting for airline to cancel on you doesnt. i understand however the feeling of wanting to get all sort out once and for all so that they dont keep hanging over your head as things-to-do - a call you have to make for yourself.