Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Miles and status expirations during coronavirus situation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles and status expirations during coronavirus situation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: many
Hi All,
Just looking for confirmation that miles due to expire this Dec 2022 are further granted until June 2023?

What's throwing me off is on the validity schedule, they show Dec miles previously extended and not eligible for extension.
Then they show miles expiring in Jan 2023, with no previously extended amount and the same amount available for extension. These Jan miles were previously extended during the covid auto extensions most people have experienced. But the total miles on my account balance does not add up to both the Dec and Jan amounts, The correct balance available is more than what's listed in all of the expiry columns.

I did have miles that were manually reinstated to my account for a cancelled booking, this is the same amount listed in the Dec due to expire/no extension option. Makes me think they did not correctly code the redeposit in. Ugh.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:04 pm

They're extended
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
Hi All,
Just looking for confirmation that miles due to expire this Dec 2022 are further granted until June 2023?

What's throwing me off is on the validity schedule, they show Dec miles previously extended and not eligible for extension.
Then they show miles expiring in Jan 2023, with no previously extended amount and the same amount available for extension. These Jan miles were previously extended during the covid auto extensions most people have experienced. But the total miles on my account balance does not add up to both the Dec and Jan amounts, The correct balance available is more than what's listed in all of the expiry columns.

I did have miles that were manually reinstated to my account for a cancelled booking, this is the same amount listed in the Dec due to expire/no extension option. Makes me think they did not correctly code the redeposit in. Ugh.
Miles due to expire in Dec22 all the way to Jun23 will be extended by another 6 months.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
I made the infinite journeys challenge two months ago and still haven't received my status so I sent them an email. Now my status is gold but will expire Nov 2023.
I sent them an email again and asked for status extension for two more months because even though I completed the challenge in early November, I think it's unfair to match the status at that point while I was not able to use it up until late December.

I got an answer today only saying "Your status will be automatically extended by 1 year".

What's the deal with that? I can't find any information on auto extension other than this march 2022-feb2023 extension which I don't qualify for as far as I understand.

Anything I'm missing?
Old Jun 15, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I appears no one has mentioned that Singapore Airlines is still extending miles and that miles due tyo expire in June 2023 will be extended until December 2023.

However, miles due to expire in July 2023 will in fact expire in July 2023.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...7q4MZo2Hpcsoj0

That's how I'm reading it anyway.

Matt
Old Jun 15, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I appears no one has mentioned that Singapore Airlines is still extending miles and that miles due tyo expire in June 2023 will be extended until December 2023.

However, miles due to expire in July 2023 will in fact expire in July 2023.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...7q4MZo2Hpcsoj0

That's how I'm reading it anyway.

Matt
There is an article here that may be of interest on the miles expiry and usage options:
https://mainlymiles.com/2023/04/02/k...-your-options/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.