Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer
razorblade - what is BCD?
https://flightavailability.bcdtravel...MnAvlMain.aspx
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by sbs2716g

guess the demand to HK have dropped a lot due to the protest.
Exactly. I was hoping for the bid to be rejected and to get the magical beep as reported by some earlier.

Last edited by razorblade; Aug 12, 2019 at 10:01 am
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:59 pm

Manila to Singapore Economy to Business $270 low end bid successful.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Enrich
Just curious that if I buy the ticket with infant on lap, will still be eligible for upgrade bid? Currently I'm still debating on the year end trip. If buying Y ticket, SQ is cheaper than MH for KUL to ADL. But if mix Y and J ticket, then MH is much cheaper than SQ. I am thinking of getting Y then try to bid upgrade for the overnight flight segment....
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: Qantas,Singapore,United,Virgin Australia,
Hi all, I’ve looked for an answer to my question but can’t find one in the forums. I’ve purchased PE fares (P class) for my husband and I with points, SIN-FCO in March next year. Do SIA ever offer mysq upgrades for tickets bought with points? Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by fred_bear
Hi all, I’ve looked for an answer to my question but can’t find one in the forums. I’ve purchased PE fares (P class) for my husband and I with points, SIN-FCO in March next year. Do SIA ever offer mysq upgrades for tickets bought with points? Thanks!
no upgrade for such tickets.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: Qantas,Singapore,United,Virgin Australia,
Originally Posted by sbs2716g

no upgrade for such tickets.
Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
SQ186 (SIN-SGN) on a recent Sunday and successfully upgraded with my bid.

Bid range was $140 to $270 USD. Booked in economy and bid $155 USD to upgrade to business (which was "fair" on the offer strength gauge).

Business was only about 1/3 full, so I suspect a low bid would be successful. Not sure it's actually worth upgrading considering this is less than a 2 hour flight, but SQ business is definitely a solid product.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:39 am

I've bid £165 for economy to premium economy for WLG > SIN in early December.

Will I be notified of the outcome 48 hours before this particular leg or the first leg of the itinerary?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by ez311
SQ186 (SIN-SGN) on a recent Sunday and successfully upgraded with my bid.

Bid range was $140 to $270 USD. Booked in economy and bid $155 USD to upgrade to business (which was "fair" on the offer strength gauge).

Business was only about 1/3 full, so I suspect a low bid would be successful. Not sure it's actually worth upgrading considering this is less than a 2 hour flight, but SQ business is definitely a solid product.
Agreed. I bid the minimum for this route and got accepted. However afterwards I did have the same thought wondering if it was worthwhile. I don’t think I will do the same for BKK or SGN in the future.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ttravelator
I've bid £165 for economy to premium economy for WLG > SIN in early December.

Will I be notified of the outcome 48 hours before this particular leg or the first leg of the itinerary?
I would assume 48 hours before that leg, if they did it before the start of the journey it would cause havoc for their computer system and lead to some customers finding out their results hours before the others. But there isn't a WLG-SIN flight, only WLG-MEL surely?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:07 am

I'm flying WLG to LHR and have a successful upgrade from economy to premium economy for Wellington > Singapore.

Will the 35KG allowance apply to the SIN > LHR segment? All flights on single booking and bags will be checked through to LHR.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:02 pm

Hello,

Anyone done a MEL-SIN / SIN-MEL (or similar distance flight) with a Y class, has anyone gotten an offer to bid from Y-J?
If yes, how much is the minimum bid?

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by tobimawaru
Hello,

Anyone done a MEL-SIN / SIN-MEL (or similar distance flight) with a Y class, has anyone gotten an offer to bid from Y-J?
If yes, how much is the minimum bid?

Thanks!
I have been invited to bid on SYD-SIN, don't remember the minimum price (it was a couple of years ago) though I think it was at least $180. Of course the suggested bid may be load dependent and of course the minimum bid has very poor odds.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:12 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I bought a Premium Economy (L) ticket, and am interested in upgrading to J. I checked and see that J, C, and Z all have 9+ seats available, and U and D have 4 each... but when I put my confirmation code in, it tells me that "There are no seats available for upgrade at the moment.". I never received an invitation (my ticket was purchased as part of a group for my company, and only recently did I get my itinerary split), but it seems odd to me that there's no seats open when there's 50%+ J empty on JFK - FRA. Is my itinerary not eligible for some reason (group booking?), or is it likely that they're just being really stingy with upgrade space?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.