Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
SQ978 SIN-BKK earlier this month.

Was flying on PE fare on EWR-SIN-BKK, but with the short-haul sector booked in Y class. Bid the minimum US$140 for Y to J class upgrade for SIN-BKK sector, which was accepted. No empty seats in J class on my flight.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Can anyone confirm if Premium Economy Lite (R fare) is eligible to partake in the mySQupgrade experience? I saw at the time of booking it's not eligible for upgrading via miles. My return fare is Premium Economy Standard (P fare).

First time flying SQ, going LAX-SIN this summer on what looks to be an A350-900 ULR (no standard economy) - so I'm hopeful that I'm eligible because I'd love to experience the product if the range is reasonable (and if EF show high availability in J)
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I don't think I can bid to upgrade from business to first/suites. Am I right?

Can I pay at airport to upgrade.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Annalisa12

Can I pay at airport to upgrade.
Yes you can - you pay the fare difference. Done it multiple times from PEK - SIN
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Can you credit to Alaska Mileage Plan an SQ standard premium economy flight that was upgraded to business using KrisFlyer miles?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:40 am

Newbie here.

WHat is the process to use miles to upgrade from PE to Business?

WHat about the bid up process? I am traveling with a minor, so I am doubtful they will do one but not the other. Price range for SFO to HKG? I am guessing lots since that is a premium heavy route

Also I have a HKG>SIN>LHR. Do they bid individually or as a group for both flights?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by amex007
I’m flying to Bali next month on SQ due to a stop in SG I have to make. Basically have Y+ ticket but SIN-DPS is in M class as only Y/J is the cabins on the 787. What’s the chance an upgrade bid of A$250 would go through? I was able to place it a few weeks back and out of all my flights it’s the only one I could upgrade too. Max upgrade possible is A$400.

*** UPDATED 15APR ***
So today I got my confirmation that no J upgrade on my flight even tho they are still showing 3 seats for sale.

On a side note let me give you some other advice as well to help you choose another airline.

Toilets (2nd time in PE) were a disaster. The bins don’t get cleaned intil it’s overflowing. 777-300 seats (and probably A350 too) narrower compared to A380 and you feel it.

All in all I will very likely go another airline or just go in economy and pay for exit row seats instead. I didn’t find the value in PE at all - even with a paid upgrade.

It now also makes sense why it’s doing so poorly on the US route.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Trying to make a bid however when I enter my Booking Ref the flight details are incorrect. I changed the date of travel and MySQupgrade is still showing the original date. Am I safe to bid despite it showing the wrong date?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Air NZ
SQ285 SIN-AKL

NZD230 accepted (lowest bid), economy (M) to premium economy (P)
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by newshound
Trying to make a bid however when I enter my Booking Ref the flight details are incorrect. I changed the date of travel and MySQupgrade is still showing the original date. Am I safe to bid despite it showing the wrong date?
MySQupgrade allows bidding until 50 hours before departure and tells you if you were successful or not almost immediately at T-50. So you should be able to take advantage of that to work out whether it is applying to your revised booking or not. If you're flying on a later date than originally planned then don't submit an offer till 48 hours before the original flight was due to take off. If you're flying on an earlier date then place an offer and if you haven't had a response by T-48 then you should cancel your bid straight away.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:16 pm

Flying from SFO to HKG in Y. Offered to bid on PEY upgrade, and the min for 1 leg is US$515. My Y ticket is only ~US$720 to begin with...
Old May 6, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
SQ336 SIN - CDG
A388
Duration : 13h 20mins
Upgrade from E to P
Min bid SG$250, I bid SG$370 which was minimum for fair
Before Award: S4 P0 Y9 B9 E9
After Award: S3 P0 Y10 B10 E10

Oneway S - E difference was SG$1,461 (P was no longer available)

Last edited by kzap; May 12, 2019 at 5:58 am
Old May 6, 2019, 6:03 am

btw you dont need to wait for an email invitation to bid. Once you book your flight go to https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...g/mysqupgrade/ and scroll down to
"Is your flight eligible for an upgrade?" and enter your booking details and it will let you bid if your booking is eligible
Old May 6, 2019, 7:38 pm

3rd Party Booking/ CLASS R MYSQ UPGRADES on 350UHL?

Anyone know if they have been offered invitations on 3rd Party Bookings for Class R (Lite PE) for upgrade bidding to Business Class?
Old May 8, 2019, 10:17 pm

SQ912 SIN - MNL
B772
Duration : 3h 35mins
Upgrade from W to J
Min bid SG$250, I bid SG$250

Leg is short but layover is long so getting me business and SKL access is huge.

Last edited by kzap; May 12, 2019 at 5:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.