Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Upcoming JFK-SIN currently ticketed in PE and trying to upgrade to J. What is more likely to clear- minimum cash bid (~$1800) or waitlisting for advantage upgrade with SQ miles (which is also very expensive miles wise)? It is starting to dawn on me how long of a flight this is..
What happened in the end with your journey?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:19 am
VPB

Hi guys! I just booked economy lite (K) from DXB to SIN ow. 10% of the ticket price was paid by SIA miles. Am I eligible to receive an invitation for an update?
I checked mySQupgrade but from my point of view update for this segment is extremely overpriced - min bid 800 USD, max 1800 USD.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:32 am

Would appreciate anybody's view and opinion on this. Have an upcoming booking in PE standard and receive a e-mail to bid for an upgrade to business. Flight is from SIN-LAX next week. Have done this flight a couple of times always in PE and this is the first time i had an e-mail to bid for an upgrade. The lowest i could bid is SGD $1780 and is looking to pull the trigger as i have only flew on business once long long time ago. The only 2 reasons for me to place this bid is 1. The arrival in LAX is close to 8pm local time and i would need to drive down to San Diego. 2. Rewarding myself a long awaited trip. Should anyone be in my shoes, what would you do? Thank you all in advance.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by VPB
Hi guys! I just booked economy lite (K) from DXB to SIN ow. 10% of the ticket price was paid by SIA miles. Am I eligible to receive an invitation for an update?
I checked mySQupgrade but from my point of view update for this segment is extremely overpriced - min bid 800 USD, max 1800 USD.
Good evening! From my understanding, if you can enter your flight segment and can view how much to bid, you should be able to bid for the upgrade. Btw, the amount you mentioned is from economy to PE? If yes, then i feel personally is overpriced as there's really not much of a difference between the 2. PE seats are slightly wider and can recline just slightly more.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 2:04 pm
VPB

Originally Posted by dect002
Good evening! From my understanding, if you can enter your flight segment and can view how much to bid, you should be able to bid for the upgrade. Btw, the amount you mentioned is from economy to PE? If yes, then i feel personally is overpriced as there's really not much of a difference between the 2. PE seats are slightly wider and can recline just slightly more.
It is the price bid from Economy to Business. Unfortunately, on this flight, there is no PE for selling (or it is sold out), because it was not available for booking on SIA website and for the bid update.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob

Last edited by incognitoMD; Dec 1, 2021 at 7:58 pm Reason: forgot quote
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by onlySIA
What happened in the end with your journey?
I ended up bidding the minimum and it was accepted.
renila and onlySIA like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by incognitoMD
I ended up bidding the minimum and it was accepted.
Hi, Would like to ask, the price quoted to you was it in USD or SGD? Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by dect002
Hi, Would like to ask, the price quoted to you was it in USD or SGD? Thanks
SGD. Just got upgraded on minimum bid too. Process triggered 46 hours prior to scheduled depature.

To be fair, even the minimum bid was a little too much to ask for, so I wouldn’t pay anything for than the minimum allowed.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by VPB
It is the price bid from Economy to Business. Unfortunately, on this flight, there is no PE for selling (or it is sold out), because it was not available for booking on SIA website and for the bid update.
no PE on the DXB. They use the medium haul A350 (2 class) instead of the 3 class long haul A350.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Y to J SIN-MUC
Booked in K class
Min 1190sgd - Max 3100sgd

Tempted to try it as I've never tried SQ J on a longhaul before. Is it worth it? What are usual prices on this route?

Would it be possible to get a cheaper upgrade closer to departure?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Does SQ split a PNR if they can't upgrade the entire party? Do they give you a choice? Or is it all automatic?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Looking at my flight in Jan SIN-AMS which is quite a long flight. Its suggesting around SGD2500 Y-J and about $500 Y-Y+
Y-J feels quite pricy but the Y+ option looks quite attractive. Is Y+ a significantly better flying experience from those who have flown it?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:46 am

Normally return J to Europe is around $8K, sometimes you can find $6K+ during promotion.

Originally Posted by Digicola
Y to J SIN-MUC
Booked in K class
Min 1190sgd - Max 3100sgd

Tempted to try it as I've never tried SQ J on a longhaul before. Is it worth it? What are usual prices on this route?

Would it be possible to get a cheaper upgrade closer to departure?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Sorry duplicate post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.