Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer
I booked a T fare on Singapore Airlines to SIN and a B Class to KUL.
After booking, I am able to bid an upgrade on SIN-KUL sector, however I am not able to bid an upgrade on SYD - SIN.
I think T fare is an upgradable fare? Why it would not allow me to bid for it? My flight will leave in late June.
Thank you.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:01 am

Does anyone know if SilkAir flights are still being offered for upgrades?
Old May 21, 2019, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by epigram
SQ856
SIN-HKG
Y to Y+
S$260 accepted (lowest bid)
just before bid accepted (T-48hrs), availability was S4 T0 Y2 B0.
after bid accepted, availability became S2 T0 Y4 B0.
how do you check this availability
Old May 21, 2019, 7:16 am

Strange, can't seem to put in my booking reference. Accessing via firefox on a macbook

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...g/mysqupgrade/
Old May 22, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: KF & QFF
Originally Posted by funkydory
Strange, can't seem to put in my booking reference. Accessing via firefox on a macbook

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...g/mysqupgrade/
Site won't let you key data under booking ref & name fields? is so try another browser. If you get the message below your booking is too far out.

There are no seats available for upgrade at the moment.
Availability is checked in real-time and it is possible that seats become available again. Please try again later, up till 50 hours before flight departure.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Sethor
Site won't let you key data under booking ref & name fields? is so try another browser. If you get the message below your booking is too far out.
How close in should you be looking?
Old May 24, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
I booked a T fare on Singapore Airlines to SIN and a B Class to KUL.
After booking, I am able to bid an upgrade on SIN-KUL sector, however I am not able to bid an upgrade on SYD - SIN.
I think T fare is an upgradable fare? Why it would not allow me to bid for it? My flight will leave in late June.
Thank you.
Upgradable is subject to availability. SQ have two upgrade options: through your Krisflyer account you can pay a fixed amount of points to upgrade well in advance, or through mySQupgrade you can bid cash or points to be considered for an upgrade. Both are subject to availability: if the higher cabin class is heavily booked, or for any other reason (e.g. they simply don't want people to get in the habit of flying PE cheaply), then it won't be offered. Particularly with mySQupgrade it's not obvious what pattern of allowing or accepting bids they follow. (With the fixed-price method you can usually upgrade if they are offering award tickets at the time of booking.)
Old May 26, 2019, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Sethor
Somehow it didn't work on Firefox but did on Safari. I really hope the new SQ website and app fixes all their bugs
Old May 27, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by funkydory
how do you check this availability
expertflyer.com
Old May 27, 2019, 6:59 pm

Another good and free search is BCD travel... Worth noting that it doesn't show reward categories.

https://flightavailability.bcdtravel...lForm_ver.aspx
Old May 28, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: *G / OW sapphire
on sq451 from Male to Singapore from economy to business (semi flex) i bid 425 dollars and got denied.
then, at gate i got a complimentary upgrade to biz with no status on SQ (but *G through TK)
6 seats free left in biz. true story.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Successfully awarded a USD300 bid for SIN-IAH last month for PE.

Trying USD350 upgrade to PE for JFK to SIN next month, and another USD350 upgrade to Business for SIN-MAA. Hopefully that works... Should be alright?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:01 pm

I will be flying TPE-SIN-LHR very soon and got an e-mail that invites me to bid for an upgrade. I have paid for a PE ticket but the invitation to bid was only for the first leg and not the connecting long-haul leg. Is it normal that the invitation to bid for two connecting flights would come separately? What minimum amounts are likely to be successful?

If I do not score with advance bidding, do I have an opportunity to bid at the airport on the day of departure as well?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
I will be flying TPE-SIN-LHR very soon and got an e-mail that invites me to bid for an upgrade. I have paid for a PE ticket but the invitation to bid was only for the first leg and not the connecting long-haul leg. Is it normal that the invitation to bid for two connecting flights would come separately? What minimum amounts are likely to be successful?

If I do not score with advance bidding, do I have an opportunity to bid at the airport on the day of departure as well?
You may only get 1 email but if its 1 ticket both legs will be shown when you login to MySQUpgrade. You would be asked to bid seperately on each leg of the flight, both the departure and the return legs separately. Minimum amounts look like they will be successful but it may also depend on how full the flights are, if the flights have lots of Business Class seats available it would be easy to upgrade for the minimum, I have gotten upgrades for both the minimum and a larger bid.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Lisa L
on sq451 from Male to Singapore from economy to business (semi flex) i bid 425 dollars and got denied.
then, at gate i got a complimentary upgrade to biz with no status on SQ (but *G through TK)
6 seats free left in biz. true story.
I've seen this story more than once, I wonder if there is some logic there where if you get denied for MySQUpgrade, its possible for a upgrade at the gate....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.