Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
So I tried to get my waitlist JFK - FRA cleared 14 days prior to departure for 85,000 business advantage - despite a number of calls, didnt happen.
I checked everyday to see if their "cheap" business class fare would open up (~$2400), didnt happen.

So I ended up booking a premium economy ticket JFK - FRA for $1100 (using AMEX portal and getting $300 back on the AMEX promotion).
Then 72 hours before departure I get an email inviting me to upgrade. I check and its $269 to upgrade to J (from PE). I jumped on it.

Flight is this week. Honestly a great deal for a business class seat when all the flights across all airlines are mostly sold out.
​​​​​​​That's a really good offer. Could I ask what is the AMEX promotion in which we buy the tix from the AMEX portal? Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:27 pm

Curious what fareclass was the PE for JFK to FRA?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
There was another report of $272 for a PE to J upgrade on JFK-FRA...thus, more than one data point and both similar. Would love to understand the algorithm (if any?!) SQ is using for these upgrades as the prices seem to be all over the place.

Last edited by bpk6h; Jun 15, 2022 at 1:51 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by kaijugirlz
​​​​​​​That's a really good offer. Could I ask what is the AMEX promotion in which we buy the tix from the AMEX portal? Thanks!
If you have a US based AMEX Platinum card and book a ticket through the AMEX travel portal, you get a discount off the regular ticket price for certain carriers in a premium cabin. So a $1700 PE ticket might show up for $1400. In addition, AMEX platinum was running a targeted promotion that if you spend $1000 or more on certain carriers on premium cabins, they'll give you a $300 statement credit.

I was honestly surprised at the upgrade offer amount given there were maybe 7 seats left in the business cabin 72 hours out. I did purchase an extra legroom seat in PE during booking for $100 (which of course I didnt get back when I did the upgrade offer) so not sure if that factored into the upgrade offer amount or not.

rt23456p and alexsmichaels like this.

Last edited by PrivatePilot; Jun 15, 2022 at 9:56 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by sof_lance
Curious what fareclass was the PE for JFK to FRA?
Premium Economy Flexi(T)
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:53 pm

SQ noob, looking at doing JFK-FRA-JFK in either cash (IAP) or award business. Fairly ambivalent between booking cash or points on this particular trip. Are these upgrades last seat availability or do they require an award F seat (already gone). Also happy flying J if the F upgrades are unreasonable.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: None
Hey guys I’m new to all this, would like a few thoughts / opinions or advice. So I’m flying from Sydney to Amsterdam via Singapore on this upcoming Monday in Economy; paid for my ticket fully in cash on the Singapore Airlines website a few months ago; it’s now less than 72h to go before the flights (or at least the one from Sydney, the one departing Singapore is still several hours away before being in the 72h window), and I’m keenly curious about an upgrade only on the Singapore to Amsterdam leg (long, red eye flight). Not fussed about Sydney to Singapore as it’s a fair bit shorter and a daytime flight.

However I haven’t received an email from MySQUpgrade and when I try to key in my booking reference and name into the widget on SQ’s website, it says upgrade not available, try again within 72h of your flight, except my outward journey begins in less than 72h.

A couple of questions:

-Does the ”upgrade not available, try again within 72h” message even though it’s now within 72h mean the premium cabins are fully booked out? I can’t see how I would otherwise be ineligible to upgrade

-Roughly what sort of price do you think would I be looking at for an upgrade to Premium Economy for Singapore to Amsterdam?

Last edited by TheCuriousFlyer; Jun 17, 2022 at 3:36 am
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by TheCuriousFlyer
So Im flying from Sydney to Amsterdam via Singapore on this upcoming Monday in Economy
It seems that Premium Economy is full and therefore not being sold on Monday 20 June 2022 which would explain why you haven't received any mySQUpgrade emails.

SQ 324 / PEY
TheCuriousFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:42 am

Thanks for this - yes I just checked online to try and change my seat in the booking and wow compared to a couple of days ago when I last checked, the seats on this flight in economy have almost fully filled up, looks like it’ll really be a full flight.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: *G (NH); OWS (JL); STE (KE)
Given an offer of 51,000JPY (about 378USD) to upgrade Y to PE on SQ12 from NRT to LAX on 20 June. As it was originally a saver mileage award booking I felt it was a good value and took it. Its now booked in P class - wondering if Ill now earn miles for the flight 🤔 Not really expecting any but Im just pleasantly surprised that SQ allows paid upgrades to mileage bookings 👍🏻
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:33 am

Last min offer to upgrade from (regular) Economy all the way to Business, Sydney to Singapore (8h), for $1.4K AUD.

Wont take it.

It was Singapore to Amsterdam (13h) I was after
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:18 pm

UPDATE -

Last min offer to upgrade to business from economy for Singapore to Amsterdam (SQ324).

$2.3k AUD

I passed, thats a tad bit too steep
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, agree it's steep, but looking at the crazy fares for the next 2-4 weeks (SG, Europe School Holiday period) it is not surprising. I'd have passed as well, though depending on your underlying Eco fare it could still have been a decent deal versus paying fully flex Biz fare outright.
Singapore_Air and sl00001 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
Well, agree it's steep, but looking at the crazy fares for the next 2-4 weeks (SG, Europe School Holiday period) it is not surprising. I'd have passed as well, though depending on your underlying Eco fare it could still have been a decent deal versus paying fully flex Biz fare outright.
Indeed - everything is relative ...prices in Oct for SIN-LHR are still above the SGD9K!
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by kaku_jinbutsu
Given an offer of 51,000JPY (about 378USD) to upgrade Y to PE on SQ12 from NRT to LAX on 20 June. As it was originally a saver mileage award booking I felt it was a good value and took it. Its now booked in P class - wondering if Ill now earn miles for the flight 🤔 Not really expecting any but Im just pleasantly surprised that SQ allows paid upgrades to mileage bookings 👍🏻
Terms are clear: no miles when upgrading a mileage ticket. IT has no glitches: I was on a Business Standard redemption that books into D and following the upgrade I was in A. No miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.