Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Benny Lin
Is it like bidding for the amount or fixed price for now ?
You manually check the eligible on official web or they just sent the offer to your email ? What time before depart did you get it ?
there are no secrets here ...SQ explains it all on their website:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...g/mysqupgrade/

There is one item in the FAQ that says upgrades are not available on tickets paid with miles. There is now evidence that SQ has sent email invitations to purchase upgrades on tickets purchased with miles.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:01 pm

Mysqupgrade

Yes of course, I read multiple times about that.
But, when I called the Call Centre they gave me the differ info from the web..and i heard from other people, SQ changes the rule from bidding the amount into fixed price..First Come, First Served.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Benny Lin
Yes of course, I read multiple times about that.
But, when I called the Call Centre they gave me the differ info from the web..and i heard from other people, SQ changes the rule from bidding the amount into fixed price..First Come, First Served.
Yes, it appears to be fixed price now. But the process is simple, you wait until 72 hours before your flight, check on line if it's eligible. You may also receive an email invitation. You will either be eligible to purchase or not. Nothing more than that.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Yes, it appears to be fixed price now. But the process is simple, you wait until 72 hours before your flight, check on line if it's eligible. You may also receive an email invitation. You will either be eligible to purchase or not. Nothing more than that.
Yes but some rule still bothers me like they combine the certain criteria which are dynamics..
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:25 am

SQ22
SIN-EWR
Premium Economy (R) to Business
1291 USD
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by United747
Just shy of 400 SGD for BKK-SIN on a V fare. I passed
About 430 SGD for the reverse. Passed again
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chenbri5
SQ22
SIN-EWR
Premium Economy (R) to Business
1291 USD
That is not too bad considering how high Biz fare are at the moment and you get maximum flight duration.
Singapore_Air and Ghoulish like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:59 am

SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN

Award Economy (X) to:

Premium Economy
723 USD

Business
2040 USD

Didn't take either option
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by United747
About 430 SGD for the reverse. Passed again
You bid the amount or it appears like fixed price ?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Bennylin1995
You bid the amount or it appears like fixed price ?
It is a fixed price.
There is no bidding at the moment.
Whatever the MySQupgrade email invite or website shows you is what you must pay to upgrade.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Firemansam
It is a fixed price.
There is no bidding at the moment.
Whatever the MySQupgrade email invite or website shows you is what you must pay to upgrade.
What time before depart did you receive the invitation or check eligiblity from the web ?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:56 pm
koi

Originally Posted by hur88
SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN

Award Economy (X) to:

Premium Economy
723 USD

Business
2040 USD

Didn't take either option
Damn that's expensive, isn't that almost as much as paying the difference?
Dean1953 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
What time before depart did you receive the invitation or check eligiblity from the web ?
It currently starts at 72hrs prior to your flight until 6hrs before departure (cut off time) as has been explained to you already in earlier posts. It has also been explained to you that it is a fixed price bid where SQ tells you how much they want and you decide to accept or not.

Asking the same question multiple times will not change the answer. Be patient, you'll likely get the email when the time comes. If you are so interested in flying Biz on that short hop between CGK-SIN or SIN-CGK (I don't recall exactly your routing) then consider a mileage upgrade using KF miles maybe which should be possible even now (assuming your fare is eligible and there is upgrade space). YMMV.

​​​​​​
bpk6h and Squeezy like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by demue
If you are so interested in flying Biz on that short hop between CGK-SIN or SIN-CGK (I don't recall exactly your routing) then consider a mileage upgrade using KF miles maybe which should be possible even now (assuming your fare is eligible and there is upgrade space). YMMV.​​​​​​
CGK J is hard. All my CGK tagged under long hauls has never cleared WL. Another failed CGK WL is in 3 days time. And this one ex-CDG.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:37 pm

Exactly what the website says.. 72 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.