Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Hkg-bne redeye in early Jan already ticketed in "Y" flexi. SQ Gold.

hkd-sin either 770 hkd for PEY or 2.4k hkd for J
sin-bne 9300 hkd for J

to put into context i wanted to buy J in first place but they wanted 43k hkd for one-way... so i reluctantly bot Y full fare at 10k hkd (based off return, i will use the leg sometime anyways) so with 12k hkd (120pct of fare paid) additional i.got a J seat. not a bad deal i thought

if i wanted to be cheap i just skip hkg-sin upgrade but flights all chocker full with holiday season so spent extra
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold, CX Marco Polo Gold, United, Delta
Dec 29 SIN to EWR

Got offer of $1507 for biz. PE was not full nor was business. Offer came 24 hrs prior to departure.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:34 pm

Some one got offer of HKD $5900 for J-F upgrade from HKG-SIN. Not suite though. On SQ883
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:56 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Some one got offer of HKD $5900 for J-F upgrade from HKG-SIN. Not suite though. On SQ883
doesnt sound attractive at all. my Y to J was 2400 hkd so double that for a J to non suite F seems overly aggressive to me.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 3:21 pm

So I got an upgrade offer email (PE, R to Business) yesterday for my return flight SQ21 EWR-SIN on 8 Jan, but unfortunately only just noticed the email and when I choose to Get Upgraded it says:

"There is currently no more seats available. You may try again later up till 6 hours before departure or enquire at check-in for any seat availability."
Does this mean I was too late and all the possible award/upgrade seats have already been taken by others?
Or is there still a chance something may come up if I keep refreshing MySQUpgrade every now and then?

And also, does everyone get their PE to Business offer upgrade at the same price (when the offers are sent out)? Or is it the case that if a possible upgrade were to be available now, it would be priced higher than people who paid for the upgrade before me?

Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2023, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
BOM-SIN from PE to biz S$387. Not bad.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: SIA Kris Flyer Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
SFO-SIN from PE to business $2000 USD per person. I have no idea if it was a good deal (probably not), but my husband's company pays for our PE seats, so it was absolutely worth it to us to pay $6k (myself, husband and our 5 year old) out of our own pockets to fly business instead. Also, that was our 5th time flying that route and I've never been offered the opportunity to upgrade before.

Also, after flying business on that route once, I'm absolutely hooked 😂 , so I need to find a way to be able to do it the next time we fly SIN-SFO.
Singapore_Air and Ghoulish like this.

Last edited by EileenCat; Jan 9, 2023 at 1:43 am
Old Jan 9, 2023, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by EileenCat
SFO-SIN from PE to business $2000 USD per person. I have no idea if it was a good deal (probably not), but my husband's company pays for our PE seats, so it was absolutely worth it to us to pay $6k (myself, husband and our 5 year old) out of our own pockets to fly business instead. Also, that was our 5th time flying that route and I've never been offered the opportunity to upgrade before.

Also, after flying business on that route once, I'm absolutely hooked 😂 , so I need to find a way to be able to do it the next time we fly SIN-SFO.
Terrible deal for me. 😆 But if it made you happy, good for you, and that is all that matters!
Edvard and EileenCat like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Want to upgrade but can't see what seats are free before payment, and more!

Hi
First time flying SQ for a long time.
We booked PE. DUB-AMS-SIN and SIN-FRA-DUB a few months ago.
For the return (01/05/2023 SQ326 and EI657) We are considering upgrading to Business.
1. We realise that only the SIN-FRA can be upgraded so is it better to phone than choose the price on the website?
2. Is it likely the offer that might be made close to departure date would not be better than what we would pay now?
3. Looked at the online option and wonder why we can't see seat plan before payment? There are seats we wouldn't want to be allocated.
4. Can anyone see the seat plan for me?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stormbel
Hi
First time flying SQ for a long time.
We booked PE. DUB-AMS-SIN and SIN-FRA-DUB a few months ago.
For the return (01/05/2023 SQ326 and EI657) We are considering upgrading to Business.
1. We realise that only the SIN-FRA can be upgraded so is it better to phone than choose the price on the website?
2. Is it likely the offer that might be made close to departure date would not be better than what we would pay now?
3. Looked at the online option and wonder why we can't see seat plan before payment? There are seats we wouldn't want to be allocated.
4. Can anyone see the seat plan for me?
1. No harm in calling to check if the price is different than what is offered online.
2. There is no rule here. Maybe yes, maybe no. Recently, many of the upgrade offers have been quite high.
3.&4. Not sure, how the upgrade process works online so can't answer. Below is current seatmap:

Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:08 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Offered $640 SGD again on SQ878 (SIN-TPE)... ridiculous. Same price as last year. And just like last year, the base ticket is a redemption. Unlike last year, this time it looks like there will be significantly more than 20 people on the flight .
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
$490 from PE-J on JFK-FRA in December. This was a cash upgrade at the check in counter
Singapore_Air and demue like this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 7:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
$490 from PE-J on JFK-FRA in December. This was a cash upgrade at the check in counter
That's decent.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by demue
That's decent.
SIN-FRA-JFK on SQ26 from PE to J this week: US$1,547 for a straight upgrade.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:41 am

Does anyone know the avg upgrade cash price at the counter from JFK-FRA from J to F?

Last edited by Hyperwave88; Jan 17, 2023 at 8:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.