Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by puchong
I will be flying TPE-SIN-LHR very soon and got an e-mail that invites me to bid for an upgrade. I have paid for a PE ticket but the invitation to bid was only for the first leg and not the connecting long-haul leg. Is it normal that the invitation to bid for two connecting flights would come separately?
I have an upcoming PE journey - two legs each way, both in P. The longer of the two legs comes up as 'not eligible' for upgrade bid on the outbound journey (I already used points for the return long leg to upgrade to J so it's no surprise I can't upgrade that). Short story: eligible fares may be unavailable for upgrade either due to availability or some SQ decision to preserve exclusivity for certain routes.

Originally Posted by puchong
If I do not score with advance bidding, do I have an opportunity to bid at the airport on the day of departure as well?
No, bidding for mySQupgrade closes 50 hours before take off. At this point your only hope is for a free upgrade due to overbooking. I had a journey last year MNL-SYD where I was invited to bid for MNL-SIN (Y->J, which I declined to offer) but ineligible for SIN-SYD, but got the SN-SYD journey upgraded to PE at the gate anyway.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by nearlysober
Can anyone confirm if Premium Economy Lite (R fare) is eligible to partake in the mySQupgrade experience? I saw at the time of booking it's not eligible for upgrading via miles. My return fare is Premium Economy Standard (P fare).

First time flying SQ, going LAX-SIN this summer on what looks to be an A350-900 ULR (no standard economy) - so I'm hopeful that I'm eligible because I'd love to experience the product if the range is reasonable (and if EF show high availability in J)
I am hoping for this too. Will be also taking the 350 to LAX in 2 weeks time time. We might be on the same flight. Haha.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I have a reservation for 1 Adult and 1 Child in Y from SIN to SYD and can bid for upgrade to PE. The bid amount (total?) is that for both people listed on reservation or is it bid amount twice (2x) for both passengers? Any recommendations for bid amount? Thank you in Advance.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: SQ/CX
Originally Posted by Chang11
I have a reservation for 1 Adult and 1 Child in Y from SIN to SYD and can bid for upgrade to PE. The bid amount (total?) is that for both people listed on reservation or is it bid amount twice (2x) for both passengers? Any recommendations for bid amount? Thank you in Advance.
Bid amount is for per passenger.
IMO PE is not worth it
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: EXP PLT, UA1K, QF Gold
BKK > SIN - E > J - bid $200 and offer accepted 48 hours out
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:56 pm

Angry

I received this (above) solicitation from Singapore Airlines yesterday. Having never flown SA, I had to research this. Today, I clicked the bidding links on the SA solicitation it shows my flight schedule stating none of my itineraries are eligible for the bidding process. Why even send this unsolicited solicitation to flaunt the fact I bought a cheap sale fare. This is so crass from airline vaunted as one the worlds best. What bad form from SA!

Last edited by Chang11; Jul 2, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:12 am

I received this (above) solicitation from Singapore Airlines yesterday. Having never flown SA, I had to research this. Today, I clicked the bidding links on the SA solicitation it shows my flight schedule stating none of my itineraries are eligible for the bidding process. Why even send this unsolicited solicitation to flaunt the fact I bought a cheap sale fare. This is so crass from airline vaunted as one the worlds best. What bad form from SA!
Since I first had offer withdrawn, visited original email everyday still no offer. Today offer now available.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Booked Sin-PVG and return in PE. Received e-mail for outbound. Bid minimum S$380 - successful.

Logging onto MySQ Upgrade only shows successful outbound - no mention of return at all so just assume that it's not available for that leg.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:48 am

I have booked an open jaw SQ flight in Y+ (P booking class) from Stockholm to Japan. Routing, eligibility and minimum/maximum bid as follows:

SQ361 ARN-DME-SIN not eligible
SQ622 SIN-KIX (Y only, M class) eligible 450€/1.130€
SQ637 NRT-SIN not eligible
SQ352 SIN-CPH eligible 555€/1.905€
SQ402 CPH-ARN op by SK, so obviously not eligible, but in S class anyways (=SAS C)

So I can up both outbound sectors from SIN but not any inbound. Those are the interesting ones for me anyways to get into the SilverKris lounge. The Gold one for *G is apparently not impressive and currently under renovation anyways.

Still think 450€ minimum for a regional daytime flight might not be worth it although the difference between Y and C would be the most significant. I might try the 12½h flight to CPH with the minimum or slightly over minimum though.

Any experience if the minimum offer might drop until my flight (in two months)?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:57 am

So, did anyone figure out if R Class for PE gets an invite ever?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by nearlysober
Can anyone confirm if Premium Economy Lite (R fare) is eligible to partake in the mySQupgrade experience? I saw at the time of booking it's not eligible for upgrading via miles. My return fare is Premium Economy Standard (P fare).

First time flying SQ, going LAX-SIN this summer on what looks to be an A350-900 ULR (no standard economy) - so I'm hopeful that I'm eligible because I'd love to experience the product if the range is reasonable (and if EF show high availability in J)
So any luck?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Another data point to add:

Received an e-mail 7 days prior flight. SQ856.

I'm booked in W, one-way. E-mail came in specifically to encourage bidding for C seats despite flight offering PEY.

On the mySQupgrade page, both classes were available for bidding. I guess this debunks the myth about one class upgrades.

A quick search on BCD shows light load with availability on all classes:

BookingClass - Seat Availability
F - 4
A - 1
Z - 9
C - 8
J - 4
U - 7
S - 9
Y - 9
B - 9
E - 9
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Update. Lowest bid of 300 Business class bid accepted.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
razorblade - what is BCD?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by razorblade
Update. Lowest bid of 300 Business class bid accepted.
guess the demand to HK have dropped a lot due to the protest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.