Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:12 am

I am seeing DPS-SFO in business for 95K on Singapore Airlines, Would there be any 15% discount on online booking? is 95K reflects 15% discount?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by mak101
I am seeing DPS-SFO in business for 95K on Singapore Airlines, Would there be any 15% discount on online booking? is 95K reflects 15% discount?
15% disc is long gone...
95k is the actual price
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways
15% disc is long gone...
95k is the actual price
Thanks for confirming it.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Hello, I'm planning on buying a couple of TXL-SIN tickets, and I have a few questions related to this:

- There are a few layover options available in MUC, FRA or ZRH. Is a 40 min layover in MUC doable, or I'm better of having a 2hr layover in ZRH?
- The price difference between OTA and SIA website is around 50€/pax, are there any advantages of booking directly with the airline?
- SQupgrade bidding works only 1 class up, or can you bid for a business class seat on an economy ticket?
- Do the MUC-SIN(A350), ZRH-SIN(A380) and FRA-SIN(A380) routes usually offer the bid to upgrade option, and does it matter if they're weekend flights or not?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Deckter; Sep 4, 2019 at 8:08 am
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
Hello, I'm planning on buying a couple of TXL-SIN tickets, and I have a few questions related to this:

- The price difference between OTA and SIA website is around 50€/pax, are there any advantages of booking directly with the airline?

Thank you in advance.
When booking with SIA they are in Control of the Reservation. This can be helpful in case of IRROPS. Plus you will be able to Change or cancel the Reservation online yourself. OTAs may place additional fees on anything from seat selection to cancellation. I prefer direct bookings.

- There are a few layover options available in MUC, FRA or ZRH. Is a 40 min layover in MUC doable, or I'm better of having a 2hr layover in ZRH?

Thank you in advance.

40 min. in Munich is doable.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by funkbandit
When booking with SIA they are in Control of the Reservation. This can be helpful in case of IRROPS. Plus you will be able to Change or cancel the Reservation online yourself. OTAs may place additional fees on anything from seat selection to cancellation. I prefer direct bookings.

40 min. in Munich is doable.

Thank you...are you aware if SIA have a best price guarantee, that matches the price against the cheapest OTA? I'm really having trouble finding the answer to that so far.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:33 am

Thank you...are you aware if SIA have a best price guarantee, that matches the price against the cheapest OTA? I'm really having trouble finding the answer to that so far.
Just for flights originating in Australia. https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/a...are-guarantee/
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:12 pm

I'm flying out of SIN on TG J via a reward ticket, would I be able to access the lounge? I've heard it's better than the TG lounge.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Vaguswarrior
I'm flying out of SIN on TG J via a reward ticket, would I be able to access the lounge? I've heard it's better than the TG lounge.
Doesn't matter if it is a revenue or reward ticket. Star alliance J allows you access to SQ J lounge (ie T2 or T3 Silver Kris Lounge J side) as well as the designated TG J lounge.
Vaguswarrior likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
When does SQ release the next month's Spontaneous Escapes promos? I'll be in SE Asia mid-Oct, so wondering when/if SQ will release the specials for then.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
When does SQ release the next month's Spontaneous Escapes promos? I'll be in SE Asia mid-Oct, so wondering when/if SQ will release the specials for then.
Mid of the month. Usually on 15 or 16. (Although they did announce on 18 for one of the month)
ChiefNWA likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody knows from which terminal SQ flights to Perth depart?

We have a 07:40 morning flight and we stay at the T3 Crowne Plaza the night before - hope to find out which terminal the Perth flight departs so we can time our wake up time accordingly... Sigh.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Anybody knows from which terminal SQ flights to Perth depart?

We have a 07:40 morning flight and we stay at the T3 Crowne Plaza the night before - hope to find out which terminal the Perth flight departs so we can time our wake up time accordingly... Sigh.
It should tell you on your itinerary.....

SQ flights from Changi to AU depart from terminal 3.

Wake up time should not be different given how close the terminals are to each other. Wake up 5am or 5:30am to get to check in for 6-6:30 unless you’re one of those that takes an hour or less than 15 mins.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mlee888
It should tell you on your itinerary.....

SQ flights from Changi to AU depart from terminal 3.

Wake up time should not be different given how close the terminals are to each other. Wake up 5am or 5:30am to get to check in for 6-6:30 unless you’re one of those that takes an hour or less than 15 mins.
I can get ready in 15 min but my husband cannot. So we need to wake up at 5am. Assume we still have some time left for visiting SQ lounge to get some breakfast (versus waiting till being served in flight - that would be a bit too long a wait from getting up to finally have a bite.)
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I can get ready in 15 min but my husband cannot. So we need to wake up at 5am. Assume we still have some time left for visiting SQ lounge to get some breakfast (versus waiting till being served in flight - that would be a bit too long a wait from getting up to finally have a bite.)
If you are looking to go to the lounge for breakfast, to be sure you should go slightly earlier. To me it’s enough but it’s down to what you prefer. If you arrive at check in for 6am, this gives you maybe 30 minutes once you arrive at the lounge before you plan to head to the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.