Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I was booked on an award from SYD-SIN-HKG in confirmed suites. SIN-HKG got downgraded to a A359 and I was put in business. I called up and got wait listed for a later suites flight to HKG. What are my chances on this clearing? The flight is in September, so I have time. I figure I'd ask the experts
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
In your case, SQ changed the aircraft and imposed the change on you. Hence they need to fix it. Personally I would not accept the waitlist just because there is no award seat (O fare bucket) open. I would escalate so that this gets raised to revenue management and a seat in F on a suitable flight is opened up / released for you.

If it was you changing the flight that would be a different story, but you are already being inconvenienced so push back if you don't want to accept J or ask for other compensation. Though insisting on clearing your onwards F seat has the best chance and is the most reasonable ask in my book. Merely waitlisting you is passing the buck (the problem) to the customer which I for one would not accept.

Last edited by demue; Mar 2, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I would not accept the waitlist on Suites for what I'm guessing is a move from SQ 860 to SQ 856. I would pursue clearing it because with only 6 seats, the chances of clearing are not as good as the old A380.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Originally Posted by JHake10
I was booked on an award from SYD-SIN-HKG in confirmed suites. SIN-HKG got downgraded to a A359 and I was put in business. I called up and got wait listed for a later suites flight to HKG. What are my chances on this clearing? The flight is in September, so I have time. I figure I'd ask the experts
You should call and insist they put you in suites on the next flight due to the change of equipment, if the first agent doesn't agree then HUCA, as this their fault and they need to reaccomadate you.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:07 pm

I wonder if any of the above posters have real experience being reaccommodated on SQ, by SQ. I had personally experienced SQ's insistence on protecting their inventory. Was originally booked on (old) A380 Suites LHR-SIN. Award was booked one year ago. Equipment was recently changed to a 77W (due to swapping the timing of the new A380). Called in but no one budged, saying I'm still in first class, equipment is never guaranteed. They put me in a few waitlists (both new and old A380 +/- 1 day of my original date) but they never cleared. I ended up cancelling and going on TG F. Maybe I did not push hard enough, or somehow the agents I got were more hardnosed than me. Or maybe wintry conditions in Europe didn't help as well.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
YMMV, but your case is slightly different. If they give the OP a seat in F (not in a Suites cabin) then SQ does have a point that you are still in the booked cabin (R is considered part of F these days). Being put in J though is an entirely different story and an involuntary downgrade. Pushing back remains my advise to the OP.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Booked SQ1 HKG-SIN for award F while I was able to be put on the waitlist for SQ861 (New Suites Class) back in February for a May departure. Nobody is currently booked on Suites so far as evident from Expert Flyer, so I would think that it would clear if the seating chart holds at F6?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by InterPlace55
Booked SQ1 HKG-SIN for award F while I was able to be put on the waitlist for SQ861 (New Suites Class) back in February for a May departure. Nobody is currently booked on Suites so far as evident from Expert Flyer, so I would think that it would clear if the seating chart holds at F6?
Are we able to book on the new suites as of now?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:13 am

Hi guys, can I know if I waitlisted seat for 2 pax, will their clear it 1 by 1 or 2 at once? Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Needed a ticket SIN-DXB in J. Booked a few days out. Managed to put it on waitlist - and it cleared within 5min. Never seen such a quick turnaround time!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: SQ/CX
Originally Posted by Gayli Bee
Hi guys, can I know if I waitlisted seat for 2 pax, will their clear it 1 by 1 or 2 at once? Thanks
If Single PNR, it will clear at the same time
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by koohansen
If Single PNR, it will clear at the same time
but if the passenger behind you on the waitlist is only one passenger and only one award becomes available....would this other passenger “jump” the queue?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Are we able to book on the new suites as of now?
I don't know for other routes, but the ones I've seen for HKG-SIN and back are either waitlisted on saver or available to book at standard levels

Last edited by InterPlace55; Mar 6, 2018 at 1:48 pm
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by InterPlace55
I don't know for other routes, but the ones I've seen for HKG-SIN and back are either waitlisted on saver or available to book at standard levels
Thanks. Was looking at SIN-LHR. Would you know if the waitlists clear on the HKG route?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
For a trip in about six weeks, my seat in F came through on an award waitlist, and I booked it. My spouse is on waitlist in separate records for C and F. Any chance a call would help the award clear?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.