Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Auditioning for politi? I would have thought that would be hot dogs instead of donuts.

Speaking of politi at CPH, when EES comes into place there, Danish residents with non-European passports will probably be stuck in a more extreme mess when entering and exiting Schengen. The residency cards won’t be accepted by the ABC/egates and the All Passport lines may be slowed down by EES.
No, just a Simpson reference.....

GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
For those that care (not me) the SAS Lounge in the C-pier / terminal 4 of ARN has been rebranded as the “M Lounge”, with the M looking like the M of Menzies. Presumably becoming / recent converted to a third-party lounge.

I’ll update the ARN connections thread shortly.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Just what ARN didn't need, another Menzies lounge.

Unless they are replacing the T2 one with something decent, this does nothing for the airport.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Just what ARN didn't need, another Menzies lounge.

Unless they are replacing the T2 one with something decent, this does nothing for the airport.
A centrally placed sculpture of a prominent Flyertalk representative on the other hand would speak volumes.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:32 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by vanillabean
A centrally placed sculpture of a prominent Flyertalk representative on the other hand would speak volumes.
Wouldn't that be something.

An actual physical Flyertalk wall of fame, centrally located in front of a lounge, with each member getting their commemorative plaque placed on this wall, so when asked the question: "Do you know who I am?! (DYKWIA)" people might finally know who they are.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
For those that care (not me) the SAS Lounge in the C-pier / terminal 4 of ARN has been rebranded as the “M Lounge”, with the M looking like the M of Menzies. Presumably becoming / recent converted to a third-party lounge.

I’ll update the ARN connections thread shortly.
The C-pier c. Gate 37 lounge at ARN T4? It is already a Priority Pass lounge.

I just realized that the PP lounges at ARN don’t charge for guests under 12 years of age.

Soon we may be able to start dancing spontaneously in Swedish airport lounges without risk of Menzies or other lounge operators being fined. It’s still not a crime to discuss this in Sweden, even as freedom of the press and speech/expression just took its threshold-crossing bad beating in the country.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 16, 2022 at 4:34 pm
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The C-pier c. Gate 37 lounge at ARN T4? It is already a Priority Pass lounge.

I just realized that the PP lounges at ARN don’t charge for guests under 12 years of age.

Soon we may be able to start dancing spontaneously in Swedish airport lounges without risk of the operators being fined. Fortunately, it’s still not a crime to discuss this in Sweden even as freedom of the press and speech/expression took a bad beating today.
What was passed of legislation? Don't even think that made Danish media....
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
What was passed of legislation? Don't even think that made Danish media....
A constitutional change. For example, when someone again finds out about say a foreign spy in the Swedish government that could jeopardize information-sharing willingness of a foreign government, the Swedish government will be having teeth to suppress the information and punish for it being shared or published even when it’s being done by those with no employment relationship with the Swedish government (nor with Swedish government contractors).

Sweden’s spontaneous dancing ban — applicable to lounges too — hasn’t yet been lifted, but it’s coming and requires no change to the Swedish constitution.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 16, 2022 at 5:45 pm
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A constitutional change. For example, when someone again finds out about say a foreign spy in the Swedish government that could jeopardize information-sharing willingness of a foreign government, the Swedish government will be having teeth to suppress the information and punish for it being shared or published even when it’s being done by those with no employment relationship with the Swedish government (nor with Swedish government contractors).

Sweden’s spontaneous dancing ban — applicable to lounges too — hasn’t yet been lifted, but it’s coming and requires no change to the Swedish constitution.
Interesting, on constitutional change... Interesting and disturbing. Though I think relatively similar to what our late prime minister introduced here in Japan.

Speaking of similarities, we do have a dancing in bars ban here. In as much that the license for a bar and a club is different, and a lot of clubs have gone for the bar license, which from time to time cause the police to crack down on it. I guess the bar license is easier to deal with?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Interesting, on constitutional change... Interesting and disturbing. Though I think relatively similar to what our late prime minister introduced here in Japan.

Speaking of similarities, we do have a dancing in bars ban here. In as much that the license for a bar and a club is different, and a lot of clubs have gone for the bar license, which from time to time cause the police to crack down on it. I guess the bar license is easier to deal with?
This Swedish government and the former said that this is putting them in line with Denmark too. Nowadays, it’s very popular to “do like Denmark” in Sweden — whether it truly is like that or not.

Is there a “spontaneous dancing” ban in Copenhagen? I won’t be busting a move in any of the lounges at CPH, but if anyone wants to highlight their fancy footwork at SAS’s lounge in CPH, please do share the results on whether the lounge matrons put a stop to it while citing a law.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This Swedish government and the former said that this is putting them in line with Denmark too. Nowadays, it’s very popular to “do like Denmark” in Sweden — whether it truly is like that or not.

Is there a “spontaneous dancing” ban in Copenhagen? I won’t be busting a move in any of the lounges at CPH, but if anyone wants to highlight their fancy footwork at SAS’s lounge in CPH, please do share the results on whether the lounge matrons put a stop to it while citing a law.
Despite the handle, my current home city is Tokyo, so both the late PM and club vs bar licenses was a reference to the land of the rising sun.

I am not well enough versed in the official secrets acts in Denmark to know how it works. But in the current scandals over leaks of information that the former head of military intelligence is charged in, no one seems to be going after the media for their role in some of the leaks. Though that may not mean there is not an option to prosecute them.....
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Lars Findsen worked for the Danish government and remains suspected of criminally leaking info acquired from his work to foreign governments. The same sort of thing the Swedish government were already able to do before this constitutional change; and in fact, they had done that earlier this year in Stockholm when grabbing and raiding the home of a former SAPO employee for feeding Russia.

Despite the handle, my current home city is Tokyo, so both the late PM and club vs bar licenses was a reference to the land of the rising sun.
I know, but usually you remain close to the ways and developments in Copenhagen.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 16, 2022 at 8:28 pm
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know, but usually you remain close to the ways and developments in Copenhagen.
To my best knowledge, you are free to dance anywhere any time in Copenhagen. Though I guess the proprietor could ask you not to dance in their establishment.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:39 pm
Suspended

To my best knowledge, you are free to dance anywhere any time in Copenhagen. Though I guess the proprietor could ask you not to dance in their establishment.
So “spontaneous dancing” is allowed in Tivoli while it’s forbidden at Grona Lund? . I thought both have concerts at times. Grona Lund has a dance permit?

I know the current Swedish Justice Minister doesn’t like the spontaneous dancing ban. Having worked so close as a lawyer to Stureplan and being at home parties, he never did see the harm from “spontaneous dancing” or otherwise. He has this restriction on his radar to finally remove, and it doesn’t even require additional legislation IIRC.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nick Art
An actual physical Flyertalk wall of fame, centrally located in front of a lounge, with each member getting their commemorative plaque placed on this wall, so when asked the question: "Do you know who I am?! (DYKWIA)" people might finally know who they are.
Unbelievable that this doesn't already exist. Better to have it as a 93m tall statue in front of the airport since lounges tend to be ticked away out of sight in Scandinavian airports. We should run a kickstarter to fund it!

While Denmark is an example in few areas, mostly related to immigration, it isn't in most other areas. Sweden needs better role models. Not sure why Swedes would accept copying things from Denmark as a positive. The current Swedish government has 8 years worth of lefty environmental lollerpolitics to clean up and should really have more pressing matters to address, not limited to the inflation, recession, cost of living, cost of employment an energy crisis and infrastructure crisis that are making basic every day things impossible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.