Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Maybe we can rename this the DiaperBonus Forum Kafe and then share tips on frequent diaper purchase and use bonuses.

I always wanted to discuss the history of people smuggling diapers out of Norway and selling Norwegian diapers in the Baltic and other EU states sort of east of Denmark.
I did not even know there was a business case for smugling diapers. Are they that cheap in Norway? That must be one of the few items that is actually cheap in Norway then.
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I did not even know there was a business case for smugling diapers. Are they that cheap in Norway? That must be one of the few items that is actually cheap in Norway then.
Is there always a difference between a criminal case and a business case:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyd...outputType=amp?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Is there always a difference between a criminal case and a business case:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyd...outputType=amp?
Only the legality distinguishes the two things. And in many cases company business cases end up being criminal cases.

Interesting catch. I guess 25,179 diapers do take a pretty decent sized van. I guess a COOP shop somewhere in Norway had a great month....
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:41 am
Suspended

Diapers out, alcohol back?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Why is SAS so miserly with releasing business class award seats close to departure when it comes to non-EBG/EBDs? I’ve seen SAS long-haul flights go out with 30-60% of the forward cabin empty and yet SAS only released maybe one award seat up close to departure. And even then the release may have been related to calling in favors and playing a game.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:39 pm

Not better for EBG or EBD. Only Pandions can request to open up award space.

in general SK is pretty stingy releasing J award seats on their long haul flights. Probably to safekeepings them for all those family and friends traveling...
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: More than one
As far as I know SK is releasing the award seats together with the seats been made available for purchase. I can't recall ever seen more award seats released later. They probably want to keep the spare seats for the bid and courtesy upgrades.

The number of award seats available we can discuss, but I kind of like the SK way compared to LH and SQ not releasing anything but eco until 2 weeks before takeoff.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
As far as I know SK is releasing the award seats together with the seats been made available for purchase. I can't recall ever seen more award seats released later. They probably want to keep the spare seats for the bid and courtesy upgrades.

The number of award seats available we can discuss, but I kind of like the SK way compared to LH and SQ not releasing anything but eco until 2 weeks before takeoff.
For Lufthansa that only accounts for F, J seats are release same way as SK.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:39 am
Suspended

I can't recall ever seen more award seats released later.
I have seen it happen enough that I know it happens with SK long-haul. It just happens so very little that most people wouldn’t notice this even when looking to see if/how it happens. Now I’m wondering how much of my seeing this has been related to voluntary award travel cancellation/changes and how much is related to favors being called in by those who can.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:48 am

Now I’m wondering how much of my seeing this has been related to voluntary award travel cancellation/changes
Voluntary award travel cancellation/changes unfortunately do usually not go back into award inventory. At least not immediately... have seen it come back after 24 hours in some short-haul cases, never for long-haul.

and how much is related to favors being called in by those who can.
0. For those who can request award space to be opened, i.E. Pandions, the agent will request the flights and once approved books the ticket for the Pandion. These seats won't never hit the general award inventory.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
I'll be flying from Europe to AKL in a few months. As I was looking for the best J fares even if it implied some re-positioning flight I noticed that TG has some R/T for less than 3.000€ with most available options regarding departure airports netting straight EBG (all TG business class net 200% mileage credit). Immediate turnaround in AKL is also possible as it seems if someone wants to consider a mileage run
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:28 am

Is there any email address for EB?

I had a Hertz car rental that didn't appear in my account, but Hertz claims that the miles were processed in December, which probably means that I have to contact EB to check why it's not in my account, and I don't want to call for such a trivial matter.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by RedChili
Is there any email address for EB?

I had a Hertz car rental that didn't appear in my account, but Hertz claims that the miles were processed in December, which probably means that I have to contact EB to check why it's not in my account, and I don't want to call for such a trivial matter.
There is dedicated mail address for diamond members, but I don't think for other member levels. There you have to use the normal customer service online forms or call in. Isn't there a retroclaim form for Hertz on the SK EB member site, like for airlines etc.?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:46 am

Isn't there a retroclaim form for Hertz on the SK EB member site, like for airlines etc.?
That's where I started, but it failed. I then contacted Hertz by email, and they answered that they've already credited the miles. So my next sted would probably have to be to contact EB directly.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedChili
That's where I started, but it failed. I then contacted Hertz by email, and they answered that they've already credited the miles. So my next sted would probably have to be to contact EB directly.
Have you and/or Hertz double-checked to make sure the SK EB number was accurately entered into Hertz’s system?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.