Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
God jul.

The Swedish Air Force’s Christmas tree delivery were in the earlier part of the month. Santa couldn’t keep up with the fighter jets delivery of the Christmas trees, and so understandably his delivery of most presents came after the Christmas trees landed.

The season had a Grinch. The Swedish government is putting a halt on major rail infrastructure investments in the southern part of Sweden. Skane is being told to go pound sand with regard to rail infrastructure investments. Stockholm and Gothenburg, however, continue mostly on track (for now) with regard to rail infrastructure investments. Dropping this news right before the holiday.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 24, 2022 at 1:26 am
Old Dec 26, 2022, 4:26 am
Suspended

With regard to hotels in Norway, hotel bookings for the 1st quarter of 2023 are down compared to this time last year for 1st quarter 2022 hotel bookings.

Adding that in, I take it that SAS will likely be facing headwinds with regard to travel demand for Denmark, Sweden and Norway in 2023.

Will be interesting to see what promotions SAS runs in 2023 to try to gin up business.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:18 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
SK is finally adding back capacity to ZRH next summer. There will be a second daily SK flights to OSL, The morning and evening flights to CPH and ARN are back and we will get a noon flight on some days to CPH as well! Happy times.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Wonder what the demand is. I understand LX flying that route to feed long haul but those flights are rarely very full in my perhaps limited experience. I'm more excited about the ARN-GVA route being back a few days a week.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: Eurobonus gold, Finnair silver
Hi,

I just got stranded in Charlotte due to all the fun today with the FAA systems getting “hacked” (or not). United rebooked me on a flight leaving 8 hours later, so I missed my SAS connection back to DK from EWR. Unfortunately - and I know this is kind of my fault - the united and SAS flights were booked on separate tickets… Having to manage this mess through my employer’s travel agent, they ended up charging me 10,000+ sek to reboot the ticket for the next day.

I pleaded with them to ask SAS for a “goodwill next day rebooking” but they said that SAS woudn’t budge on charging for the rebooking. This sounded a little bit fishy to me (the ticket was in plus, I’m eurobonus diamond & the delays were on another star alliance carrier). Wouldn’t SAS usually do a goodwill rebooking for you? I wouldn’t have minded being downgraded even.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by barbro66
Hi,

I just got stranded in Charlotte due to all the fun today with the FAA systems getting “hacked” (or not). United rebooked me on a flight leaving 8 hours later, so I missed my SAS connection back to DK from EWR. Unfortunately - and I know this is kind of my fault - the united and SAS flights were booked on separate tickets… Having to manage this mess through my employer’s travel agent, they ended up charging me 10,000+ sek to reboot the ticket for the next day.

I pleaded with them to ask SAS for a “goodwill next day rebooking” but they said that SAS woudn’t budge on charging for the rebooking. This sounded a little bit fishy to me (the ticket was in plus, I’m eurobonus diamond & the delays were on another star alliance carrier). Wouldn’t SAS usually do a goodwill rebooking for you? I wouldn’t have minded being downgraded even.
I would have been surprised if they did.....
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:33 pm

Darn.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Hi,

Have you contacted SAS? It might be worth a shot (although I wouldn't expect anything from them).
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Hi,

If I were in this situation, I would fly to EWR on United and just show up the next day at the SAS check-in counters — but do so as early as the check-in counters open — and see what SAS would do. And instead of paying 10,000 extra kroner, I would even rather buy miles for the journey or look at a cheap round trip ticket with a throwaway return.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:39 am

It seems like part of the problem is that SAS’s US flights are running pretty full right now, so getting a seat last minute might be difficult. Still, with a bit of hindsight my travel agent should have tried to route me via Chicago (as the flight goes out quite late). That’ll teach me not to book US airline to international flight on separate tickets though…
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:12 am
Suspended

TImes must be getting tough in Denmark. The amount of Denmark-purchased alcohol ending up consumed by Danish guests at hotels in Malmo at this time of the year has taken off. Swedes bringing alcohol in from Denmark has long been going on, but this is not that.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
TImes must be getting tough in Denmark. The amount of Denmark-purchased alcohol ending up consumed by Danish guests at hotels in Malmo at this time of the year has taken off. Swedes bringing alcohol in from Denmark has long been going on, but this is not that.
How else can you get a normal beer in Sweden ? It's expensive to drink beer in restaurants in Sweden and Danes go to Sweden due to the exchange rate - and they are not going grocery shopping there as grocery prices in Sweden have gotten insane.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:31 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Since I am now officially residing in Denmark I feel finally entitled to join these Scandinavia conversations (not that I have anything insightful to add, but still).

So, how do you do fellow Scandinavian residents?

Since I am now not only transiting CPH, bust also departing from it, I do have a question:

Why does the SAS fast track not exit you directly in to the lounge. It just seems like such the wasted opportunity, they are right next to each other. From the lounge you can see it is right there! Only a wall in the way... If I had to guess it was originally the plan or might have been even used for that purpose during some time, but now it is walled of and a part, which seems to have belonged to the lounge is now office space for the security staff`? I feel like there is a story there.

And another question about ARN, which I transited today:

Why are the ARN F gates not used more often. Whenever I have a flight depart from the F gates, the whole thing is otherwise deserted, with many of the stands empty and the gate screens not even showing a later departure. I don't understand why they aren't used more often, the F gates just seem much more pleasant (ignoring the longer trek from the SK lounges) than the other concourses. They are just much more tranquil and peaceful... I guess I should feel lucky that many of my recent flights departed from the F gates. I don't know why, but I just like the tranquility and deserted airport ambience of the F gates for some reason, especially for evening departures.

And much more importantly: What happened to the Joe and The Juice in SkyCity? I am certain they used to be one there and now the only one is all the way at the back of Terminal 4. I do like my juices and tunacado sandwiches, but I'm not sure they warrant what is a 30 minute trek through the airport. I guess the ZRH flights when they were set on CRJs did depart from terminal 4 more often, but that seems to be a thing of the past now.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jan 13, 2023 at 4:37 pm
Old Jan 13, 2023, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
My recollection is that it used to exit in to the lounge, but that was changed with a rebuild to expand the capacity. But maybe that is just my wishful thinking?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:05 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Nick Art
And another question about ARN, which I transited today:

Why are the ARN F gates not used more often. Whenever I have a flight depart from the F gates, the whole thing is otherwise deserted, with many of the stands empty and the gate screens not even showing a later departure. I don't understand why they aren't used more often, the F gates just seem much more pleasant (ignoring the longer trek from the SK lounges) than the other concourses. They are just much more tranquil and peaceful... I guess I should feel lucky that many of my recent flights departed from the F gates. I don't know why, but I just like the tranquility and deserted airport ambience of the F gates for some reason, especially for evening departures.
It just doesn't seem like the plans for the airport are very well thought out. The F-gates are dual use and sometimes blocked by non-Schengen. I think that decreases their availability.

The grand rebuild of the airport could change some of this but I'm not holding my breath.

Originally Posted by Nick Art
And much more importantly: What happened to the Joe and The Juice in SkyCity? I am certain they used to be one there and now the only one is all the way at the back of Terminal 4. I do like my juices and tunacado sandwiches, but I'm not sure they warrant what is a 30 minute trek through the airport. I guess the ZRH flights when they were set on CRJs did depart from terminal 4 more often, but that seems to be a thing of the past now.
Everything is spread out. I absolutely love it that an arrival at the former T4 means I need to walk past the trainstation(and Skycity) and then walk back to the trains landside. That said, I don't know I remember one of these places except the one that was airside close to the security checkpoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.