Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Depends.

Both can be very bad.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
At what time of the year are you looking to do the trip?

If this is for the fall break, then I would probably suggest doing ARN-CPH-EWR, visit NYC, then take a train to DC, and fly out of IAD. Just beware that it seems like SAS does more than its fair share of canceling IAD-CPH when it has a shortage of working equipment available for its network. But there are enough flights out of IAD that it shouldn’t be too much of a problem to get rerouted if need be.
Thanks for the replies, both of you. It seems that it can be hit and miss with all airports.

I'm actually planning to go now in June, and I'm planning to rent a car and drive around the east coast. So, to minimize driving, the ideal solution would be an open jaw BOS/IAD or vice versa, and BOS is wide open for award seats. However, I made a search now and found that RKP is often on the BOS run, so I'm not sure what I'll do. EWR would mean more driving.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SK2751 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:34 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

Of course I will be buying the SAS PLUS FULL FLEX option! I mean it only comes at a 1180 CHF premium for ONE way...

Why would anybody go for Full Flex here? Even if you had to cancel, the fee and the price would be 1000 CHF lower, with rebooking the fare price might differ, yeah, but I once again doubt that it will be more than 1000 CHF!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:41 am

But 625 more EuroBonus points!

It is not unusual to get quoted ridiculous fares for Y, B or C. Even on the other *A airlines. The good part is, it won't change. Even for a flight on the same day you would get that seat for 1300.65 CHF. And I have payed that... just was happy I was be able to get on the flight.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:49 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
But 625 more EuroBonus points!

It is not unusual to get quoted ridiculous fares for Y, B or C. Even on the other *A airlines. The good part is, it won't change. Even for a flight on the same day you would get that seat for 1300.65 CHF. And I have payed that... just was happy I was be able to get on the flight.
To be fair, in the most expensive J class on LX on the same route the price is only 3600.- compared to SAS's 2600.- :P

That's more than I pay for my F trip to HKG... I can totally understand if it's the only option left and I've bought such tickets before as well, but given the option right now, obviously I'll go for the cheaper one!
But then again, I guess on certain routes and airlines there is no limit to their ticket prices...

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I've seen some hilarious pricing before, but this takes the cake.

I can't even begin to comprehend this. For comparison: Business is at 4k and First at 8k.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
First time in a long while that I booked a CRJ 900 flight on SK. This one operated by Cityjet according to the app.

The seat map looks a bit odd. I am sure there is no exit in front of 2AC, but is there more legroom? And how is the legroom on the 2DF side.

Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This is common there is a thread on that some where here in the SAS forum.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
That’s a bulkhead for galley or bathroom. I dislike bulkhead seats on such regional jets, so I would avoid 2DF, especially since it’s likely to be by the bathroom.

and here’s a thread: SAS CRJ 900 Seat 2D?

and another:

SAS Canadair Regional Jet 900 in Business Class??

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 29, 2019 at 5:41 pm
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
That’s a bulkhead for galley or bathroom. I dislike bulkhead seats on such regional jets, so I would avoid 2DF, especially since it’s likely to be by the bathroom.

and here’s a thread: SAS CRJ 900 Seat 2D?

and another:

SAS Canadair Regional Jet 900 in Business Class??
Thanks, it has been eons since I was on a CRJ with an SK flight number. Used to fly them all the time back when they were all SK owned and operated. But the seat map looked different back then. Though 3DF did have good space on the original SK version.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:35 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
First time in a long while that I booked a CRJ 900 flight on SK. This one operated by Cityjet according to the app.

The seat map looks a bit odd. I am sure there is no exit in front of 2AC, but is there more legroom? And how is the legroom on the 2DF side.

It's not an exit seat, it's an ordinary bulkhead, but CityJet for some reason calls it an exit seat, and gives an exit seat briefing to the passengers in that seat.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:49 pm

Yeah, administrative bs like this is the reason I refuse to work for any of the large multinationals. Actually for every company besides small to medium sized start-ups which seem to operate in a much more pragmatic way.

Worked for 3 of the big boys, never again.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[Moderator note - quote from what is back in a previous thread has not been maintained in a move to this thread.]

I work in a major Japanese company, and I thought we were pretty bad when it came awkward and complex travel rules, but you have just shown me that we are still pretty good. Thank you

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jul 2, 2019 at 9:06 am Reason: See note.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yeah, administrative bs like this is the reason I refuse to work for any of the large multinationals. Actually for every company besides small to medium sized start-ups which seem to operate in a much more pragmatic way.

Worked for 3 of the big boys, never again.
One of my first jobs out of school that involved air travel had an accounting department that made a fuss over my using student tickets to do my commute to unit HQ and Parent HQ. [It was a relatively large MNC, and definitely one of the 500 largest US-listed companies at the time.] Apparently they didn’t like my buying booklets of one-way tickets at the student fare, even as that was less than 20% of the cost of the tickets CorpTravel would hit my boss’s PNL with. Fortunately, I had a boss who recognized and appreciated thriftiness and who had a privileged backing from the more permanent members of the board; and so I was able to continue doing what I wanted to do to reduce the hit to the PNL for my boss. But for a different employer, a major defense contractor, accounting wouldn’t stand for even the most minor of out of the box thinking when it came to expense management; and when a big name in the aviation industry took over the defense contractor, things actually got more flexible in ways for a brief period of time. But that didn’t last.

The worst employers/clients of mine for expense report submission and reimbursement have been the small clients. If the owner of a SME finds a new guy to be like a deputy boss with oversight of operations and/or finance/accounting, all of a sudden even old expenses can come back into being made into an issue along with more recent expenses and bills that haven’t yet been covered by the employer/client. But I am not sure if an SME client would complain about a cheap lounge access fee in an expense report if not being hit with a restaurant meal cost too.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:32 am

The small ones obviously look more closely on their cash and if it is spend wisely. But I never have an issue getting my money from my start-up clients if the expense makes sense and is justified. No arbitrary limits, no xyz will not be payed bs or accountants dissecting the expense reports for anything out of policy. Perhaps I’m just lucky with my clients...

On the other hand I spend so much money on expenses for the big ones and no body cared. As long as the validation rules in Concur (or similar) did not trigger. But if they do the pain begins...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:53 am

I may be in the minority but I do like working for large multinationals. Also, every sector is different and the administrative bs may not necessarily apply to all sectors and indeed to all fields as such within a business. Travel-wise and despite the fact that short haul flights in business class got the axe recently (it lasted way too long if you ask me, but hey-ho), I genuinely cannot complain: very generous £ limits on 'entertainment' (i.e. food/drink/various), 4-star hotels, nobody is going to tell you off for going out on the beer on the company's credit card (as long as you behave and don't end up having a session of 12 pints...), if for some reasons I'm forced to stay abroad over the weekend (it happens at times, especially when we have issues with urgent product transfers or anything that can go wrong in the mighty world of large-scale pharmaceuticals' supply chain ), then it is perfectly fine for me to put 'reasonable' personal travel on expenses (e.g. last week I hired a car and did Sarajevo-Dubrovnik together with my partner, manager back in London even asked me to take some pictures and recommend some restaurants as she's planning to go to Croatia on her jollies ).

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jul 2, 2019 at 2:00 am Reason: spelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.