Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Canadair Regional Jet 900 in Business Class??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Can't find mention of this aircraft on SAS website. I am looking to book 6 people on miles from CPH-AMS with UA miles, and this is the aircraft coming up, with booking as Business/First only. I doubt the aircraft actually has BC seats, but does anyone have experience with this aircraft? I would assume BC baggage limits would apply? Could care less about the seats, but the baggage is important as each person would be checking 1 large and 1 small bag..

Any information would be appreciated!

Robin
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: EB, M&M, FB, Matmid, HH, Bonvoy
very quickly:
  • the seats are exactly the same as in economy, and since the configuration is 2-2, there is not even the middle sear empty
  • there should be no problem for the luggage, but they will let you board with small bags only. The "normal" cabin luggage is left next to the stairs in a cart, and is picked up upon disembarkation

Last edited by peocro; Mar 30, 2012 at 9:52 am Reason: typos...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks peocro! That's exactly what I needed to hear. This is the one intereurope flight on our trip, so each person would be checking their larger bag and their carry-on (that they would actually be carrying on for the TA flights) - that's why I wanted to know about baggage allowances.. Perfect!

Just curious, what about lounge access? We have a rather long layover in CPH, so the business class lounge access would come in handy.. Not a dealbreaker, but just wondering as they are selling this as BC, do all BC amenities apply or is it just because it's an expensive flight...

Robin
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: SAS
Actually the first seven rows on the CRJ900 has an extra inch of leg space. And yes, with business class tickets youll have access to the SAS business lounge at CPH.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Fishbait
Can't find mention of this aircraft on SAS website. I am looking to book 6 people on miles from CPH-AMS with UA miles, and this is the aircraft coming up, with booking as Business/First only. I doubt the aircraft actually has BC seats, but does anyone have experience with this aircraft? I would assume BC baggage limits would apply? Could care less about the seats, but the baggage is important as each person would be checking 1 large and 1 small bag..

Any information would be appreciated!

Robin
Btw, the CRJ900 is a super quiet plane, especially in the first few rows. The leg space is alright (i'm quite tall and still fit in these planes with no problem). One of the nicer intra-european planes available IMHO.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for you quick responses! Booking in a couple of hours..

Robin
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:04 pm

Recently flew on the CR900 - do not reserve the first row. I was extremely bothered by the constant stream of Y-class passengers waiting to use the toilet. One even decided to sit down in the seat next to me. Rookie mistake not to keep the table up...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Recently flew on the CR900 - do not reserve the first row. I was extremely bothered by the constant stream of Y-class passengers waiting to use the toilet. One even decided to sit down in the seat next to me. Rookie mistake not to keep the table up...
Agree, these planes are horrible in C. No blocked seat and very narrow over shoulders.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: EB, M&M, FB, Matmid, HH, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
Actually the first seven rows on the CRJ900 has an extra inch of leg space. And yes, with business class tickets youll have access to the SAS business lounge at CPH.
The real problem for me on the CR is not really the legroom: I am 192 and I bump my head everywhere on that plane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.