Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Its just a ...... airport in a terrible area with more tedious immigration routines and poor logistics around the place. I'm not saying ORD is great but it has a Hilton adjacent to the domestic terminals with a nice steakhouse so its a less terrible place to overnight. I do appreciate LAX most but it doesn't make sense unless my destination is either LAX or SFO for a lot of travel.

Most of my US travel (90%+) is West Coast or Mid-West so EWR is never a convenient location to transfer either, the reduced flight time to Europe is also inconvenient on the return.
ORD or EWR? That’s like “pick your poison”. And with the automated train system being out of service at ORD, the Hilton ORD isn’t as useful to me as it used to be. That said I too am mostly in the avoid EWR for transit crowd.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:39 pm

So, for those of you with experience retro claiming from Hertz:

I rented a car under a Hertz promo in October. It was supposed to give 5,000 miles, but I only got 500. After a few emails back and forth, Hertz admitted that they had made a mistake, and said that the additional 4,500 miles would be posted within 4-6 weeks. That's 7 weeks ago, but still no sign of the miles from Hertz.

So, who do I contact regarding this? Do I press it with Hertz, or do I contact EB directly?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:28 pm

You have to work with Hertz, EB can’t do anything for you if the partners do not post the points according to their promotions.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:06 am

Thanks, Fassy! I'll drop them another line.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have same issue with Avis. Any advice for a contact that can handle missing promo points?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:32 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I've just had something weird happen with a mileage credit to eurobonus from an LX flight. The flight was JFK-ZRH in Business Z which usually gives 100% miles. I did, however, upgrade the flight with M&M miles to First. Now it did upgrade into A which is a mileage earning booking class normally, although I was under the impression that it'd earn miles based on the original fare class, but it did post as First class giving 200% miles. I am not complaining obviously, but I'd like to know if this is normal and if that could potentially also work on LH?
Imaging getting a p fare on LH and then upgrading into A, earning you 300% miles... There will be some further flights upcoming on LX and will try to route some over LH to test exactly that.

Maybe people in the LH board know more about this behaviour?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LX upgrades to F always book into A. No chance to earn 300% in M&M for that
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LX upgrades to F always book into A. No chance to earn 300% in M&M for that
Yeah so much I figured but I want to earn it on SAS Eurobonus, and I really wonder if that behavior is consistently so and if it also applies to LH, LH upgrades book into O?

Last edited by Nick Art; Feb 25, 2019 at 4:10 am
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Swiss always preferred to handle upgrades differently and when they were on their own axRes CRS they used to do this F upgrades into A because they couldn't do it any different way.

When they migrated to Altea in 2014 a few things changed but this vestigial practice remains. Lufthansa operates on the leagcy Amadeus rule that is also in the *A CITP system. (F Awards and upgrades to O).
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

so in contrary to lx, I guess that won‘t be possible on LH. On LX, however, this mileage earning „feature“ might be the udual behavior when crediting to Eurobonus, which seems nice.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Is it hard to upgrade on LX using EB points? I am about to book an SK flight TATL and hope for an upgrade. I would like to upgrade mostly for comfort (not for food) but I also lack some points for re-qualification, so an SK bid is a confirmed route for me. Is it safe to also consider LX? (I recall that LH fares are very hard to upgrade, but have not experience with LX).
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SK2751
Is it hard to upgrade on LX using EB points? I am about to book an SK flight TATL and hope for an upgrade. I would like to upgrade mostly for comfort (not for food) but I also lack some points for re-qualification, so an SK bid is a confirmed route for me. Is it safe to also consider LX? (I recall that LH fares are very hard to upgrade, but have not experience with LX).
TBH, I'm a little confused as what your exact question is.

Regarding using Eurobonus points for upgrading on LX from Y to C, it's very hard as only some of the top fare buckets (that usually are more expensive than C anyway) sre eligable for upgrades. From C to F only booking class D, C and J are eligable to upgrade using Eurobonus points. And I'm not sure you'd earn more miles in that case...
If those criteria are met I think it's possible to waitlist for an upgrade which at some point should pass.

I only really have experience with upgrading LX with M&M miles, which always worked fine.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:28 am

Thanks. This was what I was asking. Sorry for lack of clarity. And your answer in short is: it does not make sense. (like for LH you need to have a super expensive ticket in the first place)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:41 am

LH/LX are offering rather cheap business fares from STO/OSL/CPH .... @:-)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:05 am

Of course this would make sense, but my employer disallows C class trips. So I have to buy Y and then pay for the upgrade from my own pocket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.