Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
SAS Go: Devalution in EuroBonus earnings
Originally Posted by jerjeffr
Has anyone seen this? Assume true, but maybe some can confirm as well?
https://insideflyer.dk/breaking-sas-...9c51-427418537

It's in Danish, but quick picture sums up everything you need to know. If so, quite rough in my opinion. Anxious to hear other thoughts.
A whole thread on the subject in the main section

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1933292-sas-go-devalution-eurobonus-earnings.html
jerjeffr likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
In other news too, would be interested if anyone knows about details on a potential for SK to launch 'lifetime' gold as shown:
Source was here. Then looked back on previous FT forums and found someone mentioning 10 years consecutive Gold - source here. About 7 responses down or Ctrl+F and type 'SK':

Always curious you over here... (mostly as have hit EBG 8 years in a row, and with adjustment in earlier post, might switch back over to United hence the questions)
Update -- found description on Scandinavian Traveller for those interested in this too -- https://scandinaviantraveler.com/en/...old-membership

Last edited by jerjeffr; Oct 4, 2018 at 6:07 am Reason: Found source
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:42 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Small question: When I book a flight with SAS, but use Miles and More to upgrade the ticket from Go to Plus, will I be earning miles for the new class or the ticket I originally bought? I'm wondering because when upgrading with Eurobonus it will earn miles for the new class, so how about other Star Alliance upgrades?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Small question: When I book a flight with SAS, but use Miles and More to upgrade the ticket from Go to Plus, will I be earning miles for the new class or the ticket I originally bought? I'm wondering because when upgrading with Eurobonus it will earn miles for the new class, so how about other Star Alliance upgrades?
You only earn higher miles on upgrades done through plusgrade. Not on *A upgrades that are fixed Price
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kauppias
You only earn higher miles on upgrades done through plusgrade. Not on *A upgrades that are fixed Price
This was to be expected I guess. Thanks for the answer!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I did go through the mileage earning for First Class with Eurobonus and I noticed something: All Star Alliance partners, except Lufthansa, which earns 300%, only earn 200% in First!
But Etihad Airways earns 400% in their highest booking class P (The Residence) and 250% on all other First class fares!

I find this a little insulting towards all other First Class *A carriers, especially as I like to fly Swiss F (which only earns a mere 200%...).

Make all First earn at least 300% again!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Of course, I don't know how this works, but I speculate that the rate awarded is influenced much more by the carrier operating the flight than the carrier operating the FFP. Basically Etihad and Lufthansa were OK to pay more than Swiss. I believe you can complain to Swiss...

It could also be that LH used some negotiating power (that they certainly have) to get a better deal. Strange though that they have not negotiated this for the entire group.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Interesting... but how come every single other Star Alliance carriers does only offer 200% for Frist Class fares (many times the same as Business) and not 300% like in most other *A programs? I doubt they've all decided to cut corners only on Eurobonus.. Certainly there must be a reason!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I did go through the mileage earning for First Class with Eurobonus and I noticed something: All Star Alliance partners, except Lufthansa, which earns 300%, only earn 200% in First!
But Etihad Airways earns 400% in their highest booking class P (The Residence) and 250% on all other First class fares!

I find this a little insulting towards all other First Class *A carriers, especially as I like to fly Swiss F (which only earns a mere 200%...).

Make all First earn at least 300% again!
Eurobonus is not the ideal program to deposit first class flights to.

I know Lufthansa was 300% went down to 200% and back up to 300%. But I am not sure any of the other carriers in Star Alliance was ever 300%. But I could be wrong

Though it was loosing some points, I have credited my revenue F to EB anyway, as I would rather have the mileage for use in one pot, than splitting them. It is anyway not like I have heaps of F flights anyway, so overall, the loss is not too big.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:21 am

Interesting... but how come every single other Star Alliance carriers does only offer 200% for Frist Class fares (many times the same as Business) and not 300% like in most other *A programs? I doubt they've all decided to cut corners only on Eurobonus.. Certainly there must be a reason!
What do you mean "most other *A programs"? F-class on Swiss earns:
300% in A3, AI, CM, ET, TP
200% in CA, MS, SK, TK, UA
150% in AC, NH, OZ, AV, O6, SQ, SA, TG

So, there's only 5 programs with 300% earnings, 5 programs with 200% earnings, and 8 programs with 150% earnings (according to wheretocredit).
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RedChili
What do you mean "most other *A programs"? F-class on Swiss earns:
300% in A3, AI, CM, ET, TP
200% in CA, MS, SK, TK, UA
150% in AC, NH, OZ, AV, O6, SQ, SA, TG

So, there's only 5 programs with 300% earnings, 5 programs with 200% earnings, and 8 programs with 150% earnings (according to wheretocredit).
For NH and SQ F generally earns 150%, business 125%, and Y 100% and downwards. Most Y actually 70% and below. So the comparison is not always like for like
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
For NH and SQ F generally earns 150%, business 125%, and Y 100% and downwards. Most Y actually 70% and below. So the comparison is not always like for like
True, but the original statement was "most other *A program". If we compare with LH F, we get:

300%: A3, CA, CM, ET, SK, TP,
200%: AV, MS, BR, TK, UA
150%: AC, NH, OZ, O6, SQ, SA, TG

So, with both SK and CA, LH earnings increase with 100% compared to LX, and with BR and AV it's increasing with 50%. So, four programs have higher F earnings on LH than LX.

(I forgot to add to the previous post that LX F earns 150% with BR. Also, wheretocredit doesn't say how much LH F earns with AI.)
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Since you are into basic boints, you are likely happy to hear that you earn 0 basic points on EY flights in EB. The max. 400% are extra points only. So you can be happy that you didn't miss anything.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Pure speculation: SK does not sell first class itself, so it makes perfect sense not to attract passengers to flying first class (as this drains the best pax out of the SK network). EB offer should not look better for *A than for SK itself. If they reason like that they ask a high price for 300%.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As part of the agreement behind the new government in Sweden, it seems that Miljöpartiet (environmental/green party) has been assured that the tax on flying will be reintroduced in Sweden.

Let's see how that works out, in concept and timeframe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.