Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Hello, FT-ers, may I ask you guys opinion?

I’ll fly with Austrian Airlines this Saturday 06:45.
The ticket class is Eco Y.
I am a SAS Gold holder.
I think I’ll be allowed to enter SAS Lounge?

If yes, do you guys think there will be enough time?
I’ve just read that the lounge is open 05:30.

In fact, I’ll be happy if I can provide an access to one more passenger who isn’t eligible.

Thanks, in advance
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: Various
You will be able to access the lounge. I'm not sure from which airport but you'd be able to spend at least enough time to have breakfast in the lounge if it's ARN.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Thank you, Fredrik
Sorry, I forgot to mention OSL.

Anyone join me this Saturday?
Free lounge for one more Star Alliance passenger
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Anyone else noticed a longer then usual delay in responses from SAS customer care?

In the past I have gotten replies in 24-72hours as a EBD but now going on over a week without a reply are they all on vacation

Not the end of the world but just wondering if its more to do with the summer time having fewer people at the customer service center?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Not the end of the world but just wondering if its more to do with the summer time having fewer people at the customer service center?
Yes, SAS (as a lot of Swedish companies an even the public services) have not yet arrived in modern times. Summer means vacation for all. Ok, not for all, there will be a skeleton crew on to handle the most urgent things - but even that fails time to time as seen in Swedish hospitals closing maternity wards throughout vacation times. Funny enough, for a company which is part of many travel plans for that said vacation, it should be the opposite and they should have extra manpower to deal with complaints, irops and people in need at airports during these times... but well...
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, SAS (as a lot of Swedish companies an even the public services) have not yet arrived in modern times. Summer means vacation for all. Ok, not for all, there will be a skeleton crew on to handle the most urgent things - but even that fails time to time as seen in Swedish hospitals closing maternity wards throughout vacation times. Funny enough, for a company which is part of many travel plans for that said vacation, it should be the opposite and they should have extra manpower to deal with complaints, irops and people in need at airports during these times... but well...
They'll happily close down the majority of tourist attractions during the summer including restaurants as well. I gave up explaining to visitors why all their restaurant choices and destinations during the most crucial month of tourism are closed. The Billions of SEK of economic revenue this country is pissing away on a yearly basis because we can't have people take vacation spread out like any other country is baffling and prehistoric to say the least.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
Anyone else noticed a longer then usual delay in responses from SAS customer care?

In the past I have gotten replies in 24-72hours as a EBD but now going on over a week without a reply are they all on vacation

Going on 2.5weeks now and not a peep from SAS
The automatic reply said response time is a week and IF I am a EBG/EBD my response is prioritized 😁😁🤣🤣 I guess they need a foot note saying unless were all on holiday at the same time 😁
AStarr likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:57 am

Like clockwork today I received a response to my feedback AND a feedback I had left 3 months ago regarding the disappointing offerings in SAS plus long haul (ie only nuts and gott&bland) which I had completely forgotten about.

Disappointing on all fronts, I dont know what I was expecting but I guess more then this.

I will be re evaluating my flying next year for sure but perhaps I free agent type situation might be more rewarding to me, certainly the extra effort for EBD has been only so so, FOR ME.

Okay off my soap box I go
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Oh come one, atleast share some of the feedback you got?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Oh come one, atleast share some of the feedback you got?
ARN-LAX flight I had off duty staff going back and forth between galley.and rest area in front of the J cabin throughout the flight, made quite alot of noise, and it was rather annoying. The sat in economy in the crew rest seats for take off and landing and then moved about the rest of the flight.

Thats a short summary. Purser was aware of the situation and did apologize to her credit.

I have not experienced this on other airlines outside domestic US flights durings major holidays.

Evidently not a big deal.

To Be Honest when paying for J I expect peace and quiet, when Upgraded I am more lenient but especially with tue crazy fares SK charges I expect more.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:28 am

Well, not sure why I’m even surprised by this but... hell! The ARN Lounge manages to disappoint every single time.

Not a single warm lunch item. Nothing! Just the crappy noodle salad, which is one of the worst I have ever seen. Not sure who came up with the receipe but it is just horrible. They probably could buy the 10l buckets at the next Willi’s and it would be better. My guess: cook the noodles and make sure to put absolutely no salt in the water, the. Dump a glass of super cheap pesto into the bowl and drop in 3 or 4 dried tomatoes.

Then just the pathetic salad bar and some unidentifiable tuna cream which looks like something which comes out of my cat, depends on the season choose rear or front end.

I mean, you don’t have to match LH or LX in their flagship lounges - although that would be nice. But at least offer something edible and warm!

RANT OVER

oh, and if you decide to swap in ATRs for A320s or CR9s in summer, adjust that f***ing block times! With every flight a day the delay on the ATR will get worse and you’ll never catch up again.

Last edited by fassy; Aug 6, 2018 at 3:08 pm Reason: some typos, thanks iPhone
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I thought you switched your flight to another airline for this trip?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:22 am

AGH is much closer to where I live (35mins drive) compared to CPH (1:50 drive).

I booked the AY flight CPH-HEL later around 8pm just to be on the safe side if SAS would cancel AGH-ARN or ARN-HEL. As in the morning the hotline told me both fights will operate... well, I took the shorter drive and cancelled the AY flight.

If I’m delayed in the way back, it won’t be that bad.

Could live with that. Just a couple of unhappy ladies at home that I’ll stay away longer than expected but for sure there is a way to make up for that which is also fun for me. (Brush away that dirty thoughts!... I was thinking of taking the day off and go to the beach!)
oliver2002 and AStarr like this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:15 am

Funny enough, just go an invitation for a survey about the lounge quality at ARN for my 3rd August stay. Usually I do not participate in these kind of surveys, but this time I couldn't resist.... "how do you rate the food offerings?". Well, couldn't select 0, so went with 1 out of 10 and gave them a slightly redacted version of what I posted here as comment.

Probably won't make a difference.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:04 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy
Probably won't make a difference.
We can always dream.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.