Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 3:54 pm

Must have been a grumpy gate agent on a power trip then... have been through LHR dozens of times in the last two years and never was forced to gate-check my carry-on.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Must have been a grumpy gate agent on a power trip then... have been through LHR dozens of times in the last two years and never was forced to gate-check my carry-on.
Or one of Heathrow's "security" things
Old May 8, 2018, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
What both BA and SK claimed was that they had a full flight and they didn't think that there's enough overhead lockers to fit everyone's stuff. Tried full flights many times on UA and was never told to gate check anything.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
What both BA and SK claimed was that they had a full flight and they didn't think that there's enough overhead lockers to fit everyone's stuff. Tried full flights many times on UA and was never told to gate check anything.
That should hardly be a reason for everyone to gate check everything. Just for oversize and people with multiple items.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That should hardly be a reason for everyone to gate check everything. Just for oversize and people with multiple items.
If ONLY airlines would police THAT! These days it seems all too common to drag in bags that are larger then most peoples hold luggage! And a few bags to boot! To make things worse these people never seem to put ANY of their bags under the seat in front of them 😈

All these light fares and HBO fares make people try to bring in just too much! Makes boarding so slow and causes trouble for those on tight connections who must board last!
Old May 8, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
If ONLY airlines would police THAT! These days it seems all too common to drag in bags that are larger then most peoples hold luggage! And a few bags to boot! To make things worse these people never seem to put ANY of their bags under the seat in front of them 😈

All these light fares and HBO fares make people try to bring in just too much! Makes boarding so slow and causes trouble for those on tight connections who must board last!
I just flew LATAM domestic in Peru. They were super tough, and probably took 25+ bags away in the gate area Not weight based, but pure size and count based. No mercy

I wrote that up as a big plus in the survey email they sent me.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I just flew LATAM domestic in Peru. They were super tough, and probably took 25+ bags away in the gate area Not weight based, but pure size and count based. No mercy

I wrote that up as a big plus in the survey email they sent me.

I would agree! There should be a limit. Perhaps some leeway for plus pax but seriously 2-3 LARGE bags is just too much!
Old May 8, 2018, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
I would agree! There should be a limit. Perhaps some leeway for plus pax but seriously 2-3 LARGE bags is just too much!
The policy should be clear. No leeway for Plus, but a higher stated allowance is fine. Once you introduce leeway, it gets so much harder to enforce.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:17 pm

I just flew LATAM domestic in Peru. They were super tough, and probably took 25+ bags away in the gate area Not weight based, but pure size and count based
How bizarre, during my recent work secondment in South America I flew several times on LATAM (including domestic within Peru and literally most weekends from Santiago to La Serena/Antofagasta and vice-versa) and thought they were amongst the worst offenders in terms of not giving a toss about number of bags, oversized luggages, people moving out and taking all their belongings on-board and you name it (and I thought KLM was bad enough here in Europe).

G
Old May 8, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
How bizarre, during my recent work secondment in South America I flew several times on LATAM (including domestic within Peru and literally most weekends from Santiago to La Serena/Antofagasta and vice-versa) and thought they were amongst the worst offenders in terms of not giving a toss about number of bags, oversized luggages, people moving out and taking all their belongings on-board and you name it (and I thought KLM was bad enough here in Europe).

G
I guess it is a randomly applied policy. But they did it in both directions.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:33 pm

I guess it is a randomly applied policy. But they did it in both directions
Sure, mine was merely a data point and the fact that I was there during peak season (you can imagine the amount of people travelling between Santiago and the coast at weekends) probably didn't help in order to make a valid assessment of their policy.

G
Old May 8, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Sure, mine was merely a data point and the fact that I was there during peak season (you can imagine the amount of people travelling between Santiago and the coast at weekends) probably didn't help in order to make a valid assessment of their policy.

G
You have probably far more experience with LATAM than me. I was just really impressed for my two flights. And people seemed very calm about it, so I assumed it was quite SOP.

I'll try to keep an eye on the action for long haul this evening. But that is often anyway a different ball game than short haul.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:04 pm

so I assumed it was quite SOP
It could well be, again over peak months things tend to go berserk a bit everywhere (especially on those busy sea routes ) and the extremely high temperatures certainly don't help

On that note, safe travels!

G
Old May 16, 2018, 6:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
NextJet is insolvent and going into liquidation. All flights cancelled.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
NextJet is insolvent and going into liquidation. All flights cancelled.
Did they have any routes where they were the only carrier, or mainly overlapping on Swedish domestic? And did they operate any capacity for SK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.