Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by AHO
1, If you have SK / WF flights only on one direction, you don't need to pay YQ for that direction even on Star Alliance award.
2, --
3, Multiple long layover (less than 24 hours) is not an issue as long as you qualify entry requirement of each airport / country.
1. I was actually thinking about combining 4-5 Star carriers.

Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Ah. Eh. My memory on these things is in fact terrible.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Amex Plat cardholder and one guest of cardholder get in for free. The food is very good for a lounge type facility and the service very decent. As long as you’re airside as a Plat or Centurion, you can use the facility to get fed well when it’s open. And its hours are great. The quality and quantity of the food is very sufficient to be considered as good as or better than the other airport restaurants’ meals.
Pontus in the Air has instituted a practice of asking Amex Plat/Centurion lounge users for (and scanning in) boarding passes. Earlier this year, they had no such boarding pass requirement. I have to wonder what was behind that change.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Pontus in the Air has instituted a practice of asking Amex Plat/Centurion lounge users for (and scanning in) boarding passes. Earlier this year, they had no such boarding pass requirement. I have to wonder what was behind that change.
Rumor has it that local airport workers went there for free lunches with their Amex cards
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlash
Rumor has it that local airport workers went there for free lunches with their Amex cards
That’s what I would have expected, but I’ve never seen that happen there in the times I’ve visited without being asked for a boarding pass.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Impressive performance in the SAS lounge at ARN T5 today.

- no still water on tap as it was out of order; told to use the jugs next to it - both jugs were empty
- no glasses; told they were all in dishwasher and to wait; used a cup instead
- no cutlery (no knives, no forks, no spoons); all in dishwasher so had to wait
- no soup bowls; same story so used a cup

I guess that's what happens when they let all those Silver types in
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:38 am
AHO

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Impressive performance in the SAS lounge at ARN T5 today.

- no still water on tap as it was out of order; told to use the jugs next to it - both jugs were empty
- no glasses; told they were all in dishwasher and to wait; used a cup instead
- no cutlery (no knives, no forks, no spoons); all in dishwasher so had to wait
- no soup bowls; same story so used a cup

I guess that's what happens when they let all those Silver types in
I guess it happens when someone or two become sick and understaffed.
If there are enough staff in the lounge and the staffs collect the cups/glasses/dishes/bowls regularly, it wouldn't happen. (besides of the broken still water server)
Old May 2, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I've never flown SK, so some newbie questions incoming that I'm guessing have been asked a million times, but just to be safe:

1) How strictly enforced is the 7kg weight restriction on cabin baggage? I normally fly with just a backpack that clocks in around 12kg fully loaded.

2) What's the typical load-factor on mid-week long-haul (SK940 in my case)? Currently seated towards the back, but after checking in and looking at how empty the seat map is, I'm contemplating jumping forward to a middle section for a shot at hobo-first class.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:51 pm
AHO

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I've never flown SK, so some newbie questions incoming that I'm guessing have been asked a million times, but just to be safe:

1) How strictly enforced is the 7kg weight restriction on cabin baggage? I normally fly with just a backpack that clocks in around 12kg fully loaded.

2) What's the typical load-factor on mid-week long-haul (SK940 in my case)? Currently seated towards the back, but after checking in and looking at how empty the seat map is, I'm contemplating jumping forward to a middle section for a shot at hobo-first class.
1) At London LHR the gate staffs check hand bagage weight regularly. At other airport, I haven't seen such check.
2) It depends on WHEN and in which cabin class. For example, during holiday season the load factor tends to be high in SAS Go.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AHO
1) At London LHR the gate staffs check hand bagage weight regularly. At other airport, I haven't seen such check.
They've never weighed my carry-on bags at the gate at LHR. I've flown Plus and Go and usually have a roll-on with a large purse or messenger bag. With my luck, they'll do it on my next flight though...
Old May 5, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I've seen this at LHR recently as well. The selection is very random though. I had a guy in front of me that got selected because his carry-on looked "large" and I then walked straight passed him with a larger one.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
SK flight back from LHR and was told to gate check our hand luggage - they demanded everyone to do that! We tried to smuggle through but was "caught" (did it on BA because they told us to leave the bag aside in an unsupervised corner) - there were 3-4 gate staff making sure that no one can get through without gate checking in their bags.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
SK flight back from LHR and was told to gate check our hand luggage - they demanded everyone to do that! We tried to smuggle through but was "caught" (did it on BA because they told us to leave the bag aside in an unsupervised corner) - there were 3-4 gate staff making sure that no one can get through without gate checking in their bags.
Did you board late in the flow, so they kind of knew everything was filled? Seems odd otherwise to demand it of everyone
Old May 7, 2018, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Did you board late in the flow, so they kind of knew everything was filled? Seems odd otherwise to demand it of everyone
That would be one of the three reasons I have seen such demand.

Expectation of full bins and faster boarding/departure by forcing gate-checking sooner than later; or weight and/or balance restrictions for a plane; or “security”.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Nope - we are *G so got priority boarding and they are announcing at the gate to everyone to gate check their bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.