Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The link you just provided works perfectly fine on Chrome for Android.
Just to be clear so that there's no misunderstanding: When I click on Star Alliance, and then want to click on one of the region names to display the actual table, then nothing happens, at least in my browsers. And it wasn't like that earlier. It used to work.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
That doesn't work, not on the English website either.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RedChili
Just to be clear so that there's no misunderstanding: When I click on Star Alliance, and then want to click on one of the region names to display the actual table, then nothing happens, at least in my browsers. And it wasn't like that earlier. It used to work.
I have lost the point cost as well trying now. Are they preparing a devaluation, hence they removed the numbers to sneak it out to the public?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by headingwest
A quick question...

Does SAS still only offer one complimentary drink on longhaul (to HKG) economy?

I have a choice between Turkish Airlines and SAS, and the drinks matter. This is a decision between earning miles, or general comfort!
TK if the price is the same and you don't need the miles. I think if the drink you mentioned is alcoholic then forget it - you have to pay for it. You only get 1 non-alcoholic beverage + tea/coffee and they will also give you a bottle of water.
headingwest likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
TK if the price is the same and you don't need the miles. I think if the drink you mentioned is alcoholic then forget it - you have to pay for it. You only get 1 non-alcoholic beverage + tea/coffee and they will also give you a bottle of water.
Yes, I was thinking about booze.

TK is about about 40 EUR more, but with A3 only earns about 6,000 miles instead of 11,700 on SK. Of course factoring in the drinks during the flight, the choice of lounges (ARN,CPH as opposed to the far superior at IST (although this trip will in November, which could be interesting at IST!)) it's a tough call. I was planning to straddle 2 status years, but TK will leave me 1,000 miles short.

Doesn't SK have a sale on Asian flights around this time of year!?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I was thinking about booze.

TK is about about 40 EUR more, but with A3 only earns about 6,000 miles instead of 11,700 on SK. Of course factoring in the drinks during the flight, the choice of lounges (ARN,CPH as opposed to the far superior at IST (although this trip will in November, which could be interesting at IST!)) it's a tough call. I was planning to straddle 2 status years, but TK will leave me 1,000 miles short.

Doesn't SK have a sale on Asian flights around this time of year!?
Whether it's SK or TK you need to see if you are going to fly the last 1000 miles. If miles is not an issue, TK hands down. I have a TK flight this November but it seems that the new IST won't be fully operational until next year.

About the sale: Yes - based in Sweden and just got an email about their autumn sale. I scored some dirt cheap flights to HKG with SK for Feb - I'm with TK so SK gives me almost no miles and since miles doesn't matter during that trip then SK it is (TK wants double compared to SK).
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Yeah, I imagine that their new airport is going to be a lot of fun!

About the sale: Yes - based in Sweden and just got an email about their autumn sale. I scored some dirt cheap flights to HKG with SK for Feb - I'm with TK so SK gives me almost no miles and since miles doesn't matter during that trip then SK it is (TK wants double compared to SK).
I'm interested to know what you call 'dirt cheap' because I'm only seeing prices around the 550-600 EUR mark.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

300€ from a local Swedish Airport to HKG and return.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:02 am

I can't see anything like that price anywhere! Where did you book them?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't see anything like that price anywhere! Where did you book them?
OTA based in Sweden, you might want to check Egypt Air as they are doing a promo with similar prices - saw it a couple of days ago ex-CPH/ARN.

I booked it a while ago as I'm going with my kids so it has to be during their holiday.

The thing is if you are based in MAN, and my fare is 300 EUR, and you add on another 100 EUR to fly from MAN to CPH/whatever, I don't think it's worth it. Check prices for ex-LHR as I used it as my primary airport when I was studying in the UK and my uni is close to MAN/BHX, but it can't beat the price for ex-LHR.
headingwest likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
OTA based in Sweden, you might want to check Egypt Air as they are doing a promo with similar prices - saw it a couple of days ago ex-CPH/ARN.

I booked it a while ago as I'm going with my kids so it has to be during their holiday.

The thing is if you are based in MAN, and my fare is 300 EUR, and you add on another 100 EUR to fly from MAN to CPH/whatever, I don't think it's worth it. Check prices for ex-LHR as I used it as my primary airport when I was studying in the UK and my uni is close to MAN/BHX, but it can't beat the price for ex-LHR.
Speaking of EgyptAir, their loyalty program allows the pooling of family members' flights to count toward earning of Star Silver/Gold status for the head of household member.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:57 am

Just a quick question about the Amex 2-4-1 coupon: I have a vague recollection that I read somewhere that open jaws are not allowed. Am I right? If not, are open jaws allowed for both SAS and Star awards?

Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
Just a quick question about the Amex 2-4-1 coupon: I have a vague recollection that I read somewhere that open jaws are not allowed. Am I right? If not, are open jaws allowed for both SAS and Star awards?

Thanks!
One open jaw is allowed on all *A carriers including SK. I always do open jaws on the AMEX 2-4-1, e.g. recently did CPH-HAM-MUC-JFK/BOS-FRA-HAM-CPH. Not a problem.

Btw, the phone agents at AMEX doing the travel booking are usually very nice and will explain the rules and really work to find good options for you. Day and night to the regular SK booking agents.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by fassy
One open jaw is allowed on all *A carriers including SK. I always do open jaws on the AMEX 2-4-1, e.g. recently did CPH-HAM-MUC-JFK/BOS-FRA-HAM-CPH. Not a problem.

Btw, the phone agents at AMEX doing the travel booking are usually very nice and will explain the rules and really work to find good options for you. Day and night to the regular SK booking agents.
Thank you very much! That's good to hear.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Has anyone seen this? Assume true, but maybe some can confirm as well?
https://insideflyer.dk/breaking-sas-...9c51-427418537

It's in Danish, but quick picture sums up everything you need to know. If so, quite rough in my opinion. Anxious to hear other thoughts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.