Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Even over a decade ago — back when Sweden had probably 10-12% fewer people than now — over 45k Swedes would visit Thailand in a time period that is far less than a year. [That was the number Sweden was looking at for just when the 2004 tsunami nailed Thailand.] That said, it seems like the proportion of people in Sweden who have ever visited Thailand is much lower now than it was 3, 5, 10, and 15 years ago. But other than perhaps Spain, I can’t think of any popular warm weather destination for Swedes that has ever hosted the same proportion of Swedes as Thailand covered previously.
It's a sheeple problem and Swedes are highly receptive to trends as they are incapable of judging wether those trends are worthwhile for themselves. Get a few Swedish celebrities to got to GIG/GRU on their next vacation and record in their reality TV-show and there you go.

It is good to see the new CEO think bolder than his predecessors but not excited about the leisure focus.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SAS’s routes to the US have managed to hold up better over the longer term where non-business travelers have previously been filling up the cabins reliably. In some ways, SAS as “the Scandinavian business travelers’ airline” has been part of the SAS problem; that along with its fragmented long-haul network and fleet structure.

I am curious to see if this SAS chief decides to become more “economy friendly” when it comes to the loyalty program game. Maybe SAS EuroBonus can eat into Avianca/LifeMile’s mileage ticket selling business.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:16 am
Suspended

I wouldn’t be surprised to see SAS livery at CUN someday. But I don’t think he’s that brave.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
... since SK already codeshares with AA?
Probably not, but interesting perspective (I'm an OW elite).

Last edited by vanillabean; Nov 5, 2021 at 6:48 pm
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Does anyone have an idea for a domestic Sweden itinerary via OSL? Is there any OSL-Sweden route at the moment, apart from ARN?

I'm three sectors short of gold under current promotion so I want to take a trip in January but it can't be a simple return as that would only give me 2 sectors. I'm reluctant to book anything with destination in DK/NO due to uncertainity about how will restrictions change by then but it seems OSL always worked as a transit point (CPH not so much, but it's something I'd consider if there is a good fare available in Plus, therefore refundable).

Apart from domestic SE itineraries I'm also considering Billund trip, as there are direct flights out of ARN so I could go via CPH one way and direct the other way. Again, if there's a good Plus fare. However, am I correct in assuming there isn't much to do in Billund apart from Legoland?

Thanks for any advice
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I don’t know of any S-N nonstop, but was recently considering an ORD-SEA-SFO return for SFO-ORD for an end of the year elite qualification as well (in my case AS, solved it another way though).

Speaking of OSL, I happened to notice this morning Jan 4 EWR-OSL-BLL Jan 10 BLL-ARN-EWR and was surprised because where is CPH?

I haven’t visited Legoland while living in the US, and for a scheduled SFO-CPH-BLL (was less expensive) next year we’ll jump on the 43 bus to the Vejle train station.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by the810
Does anyone have an idea for a domestic Sweden itinerary via OSL? Is there any OSL-Sweden route at the moment, apart from ARN?

I'm three sectors short of gold under current promotion so I want to take a trip in January but it can't be a simple return as that would only give me 2 sectors. I'm reluctant to book anything with destination in DK/NO due to uncertainity about how will restrictions change by then but it seems OSL always worked as a transit point (CPH not so much, but it's something I'd consider if there is a good fare available in Plus, therefore refundable).

Apart from domestic SE itineraries I'm also considering Billund trip, as there are direct flights out of ARN so I could go via CPH one way and direct the other way. Again, if there's a good Plus fare. However, am I correct in assuming there isn't much to do in Billund apart from Legoland?

Thanks for any advice
There is indeed not much to do in Billund apart from Legoland, which I believe is closed in January. There is Lalandia

CPH was never bad for transits, I think it was mainly confused on the wording on testing before departure to Copenhagen, which was only for arriving passengers. There has been a test requirement for transit for unvaccinated travellers from red countries.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by the810

Thanks for any advice
What about MMX-ARN-OSL-ARN-MMX? No idea if MMX-ARN is still available though.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 4:18 pm
Suspended

I went by Billund a couple of years back. Except for Legoland, Lalandia, and the airport, it would be very sleepy around there.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I went by Billund a couple of years back. Except for Legoland, Lalandia, and the airport, it would be very sleepy around there.
Yep, the location of Legoland Billund is a bit like Legoland Florida. No motorway to get there, only dual carriage ways.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
What about MMX-ARN-OSL-ARN-MMX? No idea if MMX-ARN is still available though.
It is, I actually took an MMX flight last week. But this trip would require me to be admissible to OSL which may or may not be the case in January. Also, since I'm based in Stockholm, it would probably be easier to take two return trips within Sweden (something like ARN-UME-ARN-MMX-ARN, possibly back to back). I was hoping for some triangle itinerary but it seems impossible via OSL. I might bet on CPH after all, ARN-CPH-GOT is possible (although it seems it needs to be purchased via a third party).

Thank you (and others) for all the inputs
Old Nov 8, 2021, 4:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
Yep, the location of Legoland Billund is a bit like Legoland Florida. No motorway to get there, only dual carriage ways.
I think I was even told that I had the option to be put up at a pig farm not too far from there, but it didn’t sound kosher for someone sensitive to farm smells. I did manage to not stay at the Legoland hotel, but I did appreciate the flying visit to Legoland and the ultra-convenience of BLL to visit Legoland. Can’t think of any SAS-served airport that is so close to a place’s major attraction as BLL is to Legoland.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:17 pm

Curious, SAS Plus for my quick r/t WAS-CPH is almost full now (as a Diamond I, presumably, see all available seats). I guess the "get status quick" campaign and the cheapo Plus fares are working. If Plus fills up completely, wonder if my chances of an op-up will improve (Ok, just had to say it here)
Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You mean IAD-CPH or WAW?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:13 am

I see SAS Go Light fares available on domestic flights. Is this a recent change? I think I remember only Go Smart being offer on domestic routes until just few days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.