SAS CRJ 900 Seat 2D?

Old Oct 8, 18, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Infinite Elite, SPG Plat, US Gold, MR Plat, etc
SAS CRJ 900 Seat 2D?

Hey all, this is a weird question. I have an upcoming flight BRU-CPH on a SAS/CityJet CRJ 900 in business. I couldn't assign a seat via the web, so I called and they offered me "a seat with extra legroom", seat 2D. I'm 6'4" so I took the offer. However, I can't find that seat on Seat Guru or any similar sites (see attached image). Does anyone know if it's a decent choice?
Old Oct 8, 18, 6:40 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
The configuration that starts on row 3 on that side is the original SK configuration, and that is what seatguru shows

2D comes with a cityjet (or whoever the operator is) configuration.
Old Oct 9, 18, 1:15 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
And also note that there is no business class on this route (just SK PLUS, which is economy premium).
Old Oct 9, 18, 9:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
And also note that there is no business class on this route (just SK PLUS, which is economy premium).
One could debate about that... After all Swiss sells SAS Plus on codeshares as Business and in amadeus my bookings in sas plus were always classified as Business.

Service wise? Ehhhhh.

But I do still prefer calling it Business tbh.
Old Oct 9, 18, 4:25 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post

One could debate about that... After all Swiss sells SAS Plus on codeshares as Business and in amadeus my bookings in sas plus were always classified as Business.

Service wise? Ehhhhh.

But I do still prefer calling it Business tbh.
It is also a bit confusing that the boarding pass for European flights shows the cabin as Business, due to lounge access practicalities.
Old Oct 10, 18, 8:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Setguru/expert is a cluster anyway....

Cityjet (WX) formally operates 4 CRJ900, 3 or which are originally SAS. Even EI-FPS was initially ordered by SAS but assigned to WX. WX also operates all SAS owned CR9s. It could be that you are on a CR1000 operated by Air Nostrum for SAS. That one has 2D.
Old Oct 10, 18, 8:35 pm

Programs: SK EBD, UA 1K, AA EXP, RR PLT, MR PLT, IHG PLT
The first row on the right side of the Air Nostrum CRJ1000s is row 1... row 2 on the CityJet CRJ900s. Great leg room... but since it's SAS Plus the seat next to you is not blocked... someone may be sitting there which can make for a cozy flight on a CRJ.
Old Jul 28, 19, 11:13 pm

I am revving a slightly old thread, since I can now answer my own question on the Cityjet CRJ900 seat map.

The seat map looks like this. Row 1 AC are bulkhead seats, with catering cart spaces in front, but they have pretty good legroom. 2AC are standard seats, no extra legroom.

2DF are bulkhead seats with the restroom in front of them. They also have pretty good legroom. The rows are slightly offset between AC side and DF side. Row 2 DF is slight in front of 2AC.

Old Jul 29, 19, 4:58 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
I've more or less stopped using Seatguru. Every time I've used them the last 2 years, the seat map they showed for my flight was not current. Often they don't even have seat maps of cabin layouts, which has been introduces within the last 2 years.
Unfortunately I haven't found any better sites for seat maps.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jul 29, 19, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
I've more or less stopped using Seatguru. Every time I've used them the last 2 years, the seat map they showed for my flight was not current. Often they don't even have seat maps of cabin layouts, which has been introduces within the last 2 years.
Unfortunately I haven't found any better sites for seat maps.
It really depends on the airline. I guess some airlines send information directly to seatguru, and further that SAS does not. SK is one of the worst examples on seatguru. JAL that I fly a lot is quite accurate, just very slow to get new plane types.
Old Jul 29, 19, 9:36 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
It really depends on the airline. I guess some airlines send information directly to seatguru, and further that SAS does not. SK is one of the worst examples on seatguru. JAL that I fly a lot is quite accurate, just very slow to get new plane types.
I've tried to send seatguru links to SK press releases and planespotter sites where there are more uptodate data available, but nothing has been updated yet, and it's over 2 years since I tried it first time.
And the outdated data is not just on SK. I've seen the same on Thai, LH, Swiss and Austrian.
Old Jul 29, 19, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
I've tried to send seatguru links to SK press releases and planespotter sites where there are more uptodate data available, but nothing has been updated yet, and it's over 2 years since I tried it first time.
And the outdated data is not just on SK. I've seen the same on Thai, LH, Swiss and Austrian.
Seatguru is clearly best for the US based airlines. ANA is also quite good, though new configurations come slowly online

I sent tons of feedback on SK as well. Though to little effect.
Old Jul 31, 19, 5:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Seatguru and Seatexpert are the exact opposite of what they claim to be.
highupinthesky and CPH-Flyer like this.

Search this Thread