Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK outsource their CS to India?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK outsource their CS to India?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
I guess I will have to wait for a computer says no and then try to escalate it up in the system.

Apparently some of those CSRs in TLL can speak Scandinavian languages.
The SAS call center in Tallinn is gone since some years ago. That call center was operated by SAS itself and the staff were employed by SAS. Nowadays calls for the Scandinavian market is outsourced to a company called Sykes. I think the calls are answered in Cyprus and Sweden. The quality has decreased significally when Sykes took over.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SK989
The SAS call center in Tallinn is gone since some years ago. That call center was operated by SAS itself and the staff were employed by SAS. Nowadays calls for the Scandinavian market is outsourced to a company called Sykes. I think the calls are answered in Cyprus and Sweden. The quality has decreased significally when Sykes took over.
That explain the Greek accent (didn't sound Finnish/Estonian, my first guess was Spanish - it's not exactly like that either), yes it was terrible and basically she was repeating what the computer said after being on hold for 6h (long distance roaming call).

Which market has more normal customer service people that doesn't repeat what the computer says?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:03 am

That explain the Greek accent (didn't sound Finnish/Estonian, my first guess was Spanish - it's not exactly like that either), yes it was terrible and basically she was repeating what the computer said after being on hold for 6h (long distance roaming call).

Which market has more normal customer service people that doesn't repeat what the computer says?
I don't think there is one I'm afraid. I'm not sure how it is in the USA but I doubt that SAS has it's own staff for normal customer service there either. In my view it's usually no point in calling SAS Customer Service if you have any questions - they will just repeat what you can read yourself. For some bookings not possible to do online (like open jaw tickets) the Customer Service can sometimes do it. But not even that all of the time...
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I was hoping the case would send to DK/SE/NO so I asked Mr. to write my complaint in perfect Danish. I got so freaked out by the call centre handling so I tried to avoid these powerless CS that would look beyond what the computer says and actually read what I wrote to handle my case.

When it's a straightforward EU261 it's easy to do, but in my case where computer would definitely says no, it needs to be handled by someone who has the authority to do so.
My first European airline encounter as a customer with Indian contact center employees was with BMI. The fun I had with them and having them even pull up recordings of my calls. But they were actually far more competent than what I saw with Indian customer service centers for some US companies.

Did you notice any Hinglish indicators in any of the SAS responses?

I have long been no fan of outsourcing customer service to non-home-market countries, but money talks loudest when being sold on "cost-reduction/savings".
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
My first European airline encounter as a customer with Indian contact center employees was with BMI. The fun I had with them and having them even pull up recordings of my calls. But they were actually far more competent than what I saw with Indian customer service centers for some US companies.

Did you notice any Hinglish indicators in any of the SAS responses?

I have long been no fan of outsourcing customer service to non-home-market countries, but money talks loudest when being sold on "cost-reduction/savings".
No, they haven't used Hinglish words like "revert". It looked like a very scripted text.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
My first European airline encounter as a customer with Indian contact center employees was with BMI. The fun I had with them and having them even pull up recordings of my calls.
"Why yes I can definitely go ahead and give you that information..."

RIP Midland.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
My last interaction with SAS CS was handled by a Brittish fellow and an outsourced partner on Malta. He was more helpful and much quicker than any Scandinavian person I've ever spoken to.

Originally Posted by SK989
I don't think there is one I'm afraid. I'm not sure how it is in the USA but I doubt that SAS has it's own staff for normal customer service there either.
The Delta people that deal with status folks are typically American and the last one mentioned she was in Texas (didn't sound like she was from Texas but definitely first language American English).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.