Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK outsource their CS to India?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Got an email today from SK asking me for bank details and receipts. Told Mr. about it and he said it's probably an outsourced service by SK to gather all the info before someone takes a look at the claim. I dug my CTA receipts and bank details and asked if he had all the receipts and he wrote back asking for a machine printed receipt as I sent a copy of a handwritten receipt from a small noodle shop in Chicago.

In the email there's no mentioning of any sort of indication of the amount or what's approved and not.

Any idea?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:53 am

I do hope not. It took BA about five years of utter chaos to accept they had made a mistake using an Indian call centre but at last they did. While it lasted, it was an utter disaster.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
AF does this for some countries, the civilized ones go to Poland but Ireland/Bulgaria end up in India.

Unfortunately you get routed based on your itinerary and not on your country of residence.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:54 am

They’ve been doing this for at least 8 months. EC claims have gone and been poorly treated from there.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Harper50505
I do hope not. It took BA about five years of utter chaos to accept they had made a mistake using an Indian call centre but at last they did. While it lasted, it was an utter disaster.
TK is using Indian call centre for a long time and fortunately their Elite lines are answered by people in Turkey.

The call centre girl from SAS I talked to have a strong European accent (could be from Hungary or one of the Baltic Sea nations), and I wasn't allowed to talk to her supervisor.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
They’ve been doing this for at least 8 months. EC claims have gone and been poorly treated from there.
I know I had a baggage claim issue several years back was handled by someone in Asia and the comment was unreasonable. I escalated to SAS and asked them to review the claim and finally a Scandinavian CS got the case and paid out the compensation.

Is that how SAS claimed that they have increased manpower in customer service? At least SK didn't demand them to work during weekends

We were thinking that could happen so I told Mr. to write the ordeal SK put me through in Danish hoping a Scandinavian will look at my case to increase the change of "my supervisor says no" reply.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: EB Silver
Has been happening for at least a year or so (at least judging from their names & local times). Took me four months of emailing back and forth to settle a claim for excess baggage fees on an invol reroute last year. They also still haven't really responded to my EU261 claim for a trip last December (they asked for additional receipts in February, which I provided. Radio silence since then).

Unfortunately, the (quite competent) people staffing the chat on SAS' support site can't intervene in these matters (except sending a "reminder email" to the Indian support centre – which probably also takes six to eight weeks until its read lol). Not sure how to escalate this further
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mxtht
Not sure how to escalate this further
A complaint to DOT/BBB?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I chatted via the chat function with SAS customer service. Gave them my case number and they were able to see what happened to my claim (still at the gathering receipt stage). The other claims from my family didn't seem to have to go through the receipt verification as theirs are simple.

They said it takes 6-8 weeks to get a reply.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SAS has outsourced their entire customer contact service center since years if not decades... the call center is in TLL (since 2004?), the accounts receivable/payable in Delhi since 2009. The refund process is automated with a backoffice ticketing system since years.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
SAS has outsourced their entire customer contact service center since years if not decades... the call center is in TLL (since 2004?), the accounts receivable/payable in Delhi since 2009. The refund process is automated with a backoffice ticketing system since years.
That explains the accent of the call centre woman I talked to - it's pretty trash if I can't talk to a supervisor.

What about all the correspondence in Scandinavian languages? Google translate?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Probably templates. I would respond in English, that is more universally understood. Responding in Danish will not move the ticket to Denmark

Backoffice in other countries is not necessarily bad, it just needs to be managed correctly and the required SLA need to be in place. You get what you (are willing to) pay for.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Probably templates. I would respond in English, that is more universally understood. Responding in Danish will not move the ticket to Denmark

Backoffice in other countries is not necessarily bad, it just needs to be managed correctly and the required SLA need to be in place. You get what you (are willing to) pay for.
I was hoping the case would send to DK/SE/NO so I asked Mr. to write my complaint in perfect Danish. I got so freaked out by the call centre handling so I tried to avoid these powerless CS that would look beyond what the computer says and actually read what I wrote to handle my case.

When it's a straightforward EU261 it's easy to do, but in my case where computer would definitely says no, it needs to be handled by someone who has the authority to do so.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:48 am

There is no one in the nordics who would handle your complaint. The team will run your text thru a translator to figure out what you want. I doubt any of the service providers have that many multilingual agents to deal with the flood of complaints caused by the pilot strike.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There is no one in the nordics who would handle your complaint. The team will run your text thru a translator to figure out what you want. I doubt any of the service providers have that many multilingual agents to deal with the flood of complaints caused by the pilot strike.
I guess I will have to wait for a computer says no and then try to escalate it up in the system.

Apparently some of those CSRs in TLL can speak Scandinavian languages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.