Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
This is excellent news, now I can ignore Star Alliance until Feb 28 2021 and focus on requalifying with JAL, and JAL lifetime mileage. I guess I need a flight or two to show the account as active....
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by fassy
But it would be mean to give people who haven’t qualified in the current year for any status an extra year, while those who did qualify for Gold but can’t get Diamond renewed will get nothing.
I‘m pretty sure they’ll extend your EBD for a year but I don’t see why next year (in your case starting in Oct) should be considered qualified for LTG. If they just credited all members with 45,000/90,000 points today you’d get your level this year, and keep it next year, but still have to qualify next year for that to count towards LTG. That is how I understand whey they are trying to do.

I may be wrong and maybe I’m not understanding you correctly?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:16 pm

Ah well, true. That makes sense. Well... will somehow manage to scrap together the points in 2020-2021
SASegments likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Do they extend the current period for earning status points, or just the status?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: EB Gold
My qualification period is Feb 20 - Jan 21. I qualified for Gold last year, but haven't been able to do any flights this period. Do I understand it correctly, that I will be Gold member until Jan 22 + 3month grace period?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:05 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by entraider
My qualification period is Feb 20 - Jan 21. I qualified for Gold last year, but haven't been able to do any flights this period. Do I understand it correctly, that I will be Gold member until Jan 22 + 3month grace period?
I think so.
entraider likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by entraider
That is how I read it, so would think so.
entraider likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Well, great timing. I was 10k under diamond requal, and a friend suggested I sign up for an Amex card that earns 20k status points (which posted this morning, after I applied for the card last night), so now I technically qualified. At least I am glad I held out with buying status points for this - good luck getting a refund on that!
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by ung1
Well, great timing. I was 10k under diamond requal, and a friend suggested I sign up for an Amex card that earns 20k status points (which posted this morning, after I applied for the card last night), so now I technically qualified. At least I am glad I held out with buying status points for this - good luck getting a refund on that!
I hope your friend got the 20k bonus points referral bonus

Anyway, I do not need the status points but have the card since it was released as I find the 2 x 2-4-1 AMEX vouchers, insurance package and increased point earnings provide decent value for the 335(?) kr/month. Also AMEX, at least for me, provided always top of the class customer service (e.g. for charge back claims, fraud protection, even used the concierge a few times) while the SEB team for the Master Card pretty much sucks. Last time I had an issue I was on hold for 3+ hours and after I finally git an agent, he told me "no idea why the card doesn't work".
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 4:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Glad to see that SK finally came around to extending the elite status period. This only happens after much of CityJet, Norwegian and all of BRA go bust. [No pun intended.] And after most of my airline programs have already done an extension of sort.

Better late than never.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:10 am

Anyway, I do not need the status points but have the card since it was released as I find the 2 x 2-4-1 AMEX vouchers, insurance package and increased point earnings provide decent value for the 335(?) kr/month. Also AMEX, at least for me, provided always top of the class customer service (e.g. for charge back claims, fraud protection, even used the concierge a few times) while the SEB team for the Master Card pretty much sucks. Last time I had an issue I was on hold for 3+ hours and after I finally git an agent, he told me "no idea why the card doesn't work".
Does anyone know if the MasterCard Premium points count towards LTG? On the LTG page it says that only basic points count (and not qualifying points/status points presumably) but I've seen elsewhere that people are reporting that they actually do count.

Does anyone have actual (recent) experience with this?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by SASegments
Does anyone know if the MasterCard Premium points count towards LTG? On the LTG page it says that only basic points count (and not qualifying points/status points presumably) but I've seen elsewhere that people are reporting that they actually do count.

Does anyone have actual (recent) experience with this?
They do. The AMEX 20k for the Elite card as well. Both post as basic points but 0 extra points.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:19 am

They do. The AMEX 20k for the Elite card as well. Both post as basic points but 0 extra points.
Thanks! So strange they don't advertise this. I qualify by segments but would have signed up earlier if I had known just to have the added security in case I some year got to 33,000 points but less than 45 segments.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:31 am

Well, I can certainly confirm they do as per my last screenshot in #205. I have currently collected 66.000 basic points for 2019-2020. 7.000 from Master Card (1.000/month for Oct-Apr), 20.000 from AMEX posted in Oct, so 39.000 by flying. Still it shows my year 2019-2020 as already qualified for LTG.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

No he did not mention that part...his loss. The card could probably be useful to have, but not right now when there is zero travel anyway.

Earn SK points on my mastercard at the same rate as the AMEX, and Amex is often not accepted. Even in the past having 1x 2-4-1 it has usually expired without being used So would rather wait and see if/when travel gets back to pre-corona levels before signing up for one - so now I have submitted the form for canceling it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.