Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:13 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Maybe have a look here: Segment run from Hamburg in 36 hours
As there is no promo with 4x going on anymore it has become more difficult and a long haul might be a better bet.

Tap to North or South America yields around 20k miles and can be booked rather cheaply in Business sometimes.
You could also go for a LH/LX First Class partner sale, which can also be a "cheap" way to get a lot of miles, but I'm not sure when and if there even is a sale coming anytime soon.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by tgj1974
Kind of same situation, except my status expire end May. It has not been easy years for travelling. I have around 20K points, I am Diamond, but understand SAS is not granting the half way there points to people with expiry in May. I am also 7 years into lifetime gold, so if they would at least extend that, but doesnt seem like much grace.....
Any ideas?
Are we SURE they won't extend? The past years they incrementally extended the grace periods. I have hit gold this year (thankfully my final year for LTG) but would be very happy to have it count for Diamond instead...
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
thats what they told me on mail.....may change with a pilot strike.....
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: SK*G
"No further relief will be given."

That's the message I got from them by mail when asking for advice on how to maintain status...
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by VAA717
"No further relief will be given."

That's the message I got from them by mail when asking for advice on how to maintain status...
And this is why we can never trust the information from CS reps: https://www.flysas.com/en/help-and-c...ion-i-couldnt/
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by view
And this is why we can never trust the information from CS reps: https://www.flysas.com/en/help-and-c...ion-i-couldnt/
Thanks, that's a positive start but will still require quite some flights to keep the status level which again is difficult without any departures.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Albeit not ideal, at least this makes sense, was crazy to go from free renewal, to 50 % of target to 0 % in such a short time, when everyone have faced same issue.

At least now a chance to renew.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Now 25% of the required flights/points to maintain the tier will be added for qualification periods ending May to July according to the FAQ

How do I keep my member tier?

Due to the situation with the COVID-19, SAS has decided to continue to offer EuroBonus members some help on the way to be able to keep the EuroBonus tier.

The addition of segments and status points will be applied automatically to active EuroBonus with a qualification period ending May, June or July 2022 (with a tier level expiry date August, September and October 2022), by latest end of May 2022.

Qualifying flight segment: Gold 12, Diamond 23

Status points: Gold 11.250, Diamond 22.500

Points will automatically be registered and displayed in your member account by the end of May 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.