Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Segments ??

Hi everyone
I would like to repeat one question asked earlier..
Does SAS even credit for cancelled segments or only points ?
SAS responses to emails are right now pure crap. They don’t even bother to read what is asked.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SK2751
I got an interesting and surprising message from the diamond service today. Yesterday night, I have wrote to them asking for about 5k status points for cancelled flights, as per the rules quoted above. I was just hoping to reduce the qualification gap for the eventual negotiation later if I have difficulties re-qualifying, or just to reduce the amount of flights I need to do to re-qualify if they start flying. My qualification year is ending July 31, and together with the claimed points I am at about 80k basic points, so slightly more than 10k points short of re-qualifying.

The email said that they extend my card by 12M right away. And that I will see it in the app when my old card expires. Kudos SK!
But this is because you had some canceled flights, and a good part of your year still left? I had no canceled flights that could earn EB points, and they refused to extend (although this discussion happened two weeks ago, maybe they finally decided to take a different approach?).
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by sueco6
Hi everyone
I would like to repeat one question asked earlier..
Does SAS even credit for cancelled segments or only points ?
SAS responses to emails are right now pure crap. They don’t even bother to read what is asked.
There is a post over on businessclass.se where someone was credited both base points and segments.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
SAS might lose a number of customers (or at least Eurobonus members) unless they address this. SAS don’t really fit my travel pattern, but Star Alliance does. However I could easily swap those flights with Oneworld equivalents. Unfortunately, many Scandinavians can only think of SAS (not that Germans, Brits or french are any different) and I think they’re gambling on that. I hardly ever travel domestically, and neither China nor Trumpistan hold any appeal. TK, LH group, TG & SQ have great coverage of the destinations I enjoy, but QR, BA, CX and AY do as well.
Due to my expectation of SAS having its rather uniquely arrogant ways, I have been counting on SAS reluctantly ending up doing what most of the other European and US legacy majors in the various alliances do: extending elite status in some way or another. What the SAS extension does for lifetime status qualification is a separate matter of sorts.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:06 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
As usual Swedes are behind the curve making the same decision other rational thinking companies have made well before them.

If they give you points for cancelled flights and they count towards current year qualification then I'm confident that SK's IT systems are simply not advanced enough to tell the difference for lifetime status.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I would be really worried about LTG in this case. Fortunately, I already re-qualified for Gold. I am really worried about LTG, but for completely different reasons. Being just a year away, I wonder whether EB and SK will survive this turmoil.
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I would be really worried about LTG in this case. Fortunately, I already re-qualified for Gold. I am really worried about LTG, but for completely different reasons. Being just a year away, I wonder whether EB and SK will survive this turmoil.

the last part is my concern too though quite selfish as I have way too large of a balance of EB points I havent been able to use
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The FAQ said that the compensated flight would count for LTG

But yeah, the long term value of LTG may end up being rather short term....
Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, UA Gold, Hilton Gold
Just my experience. My EB year ends March 31. I am presently still in the middle of my itinerary and my return flight would have provided me more than enough points to maintain my current status. I was originally scheduled to return home on March 28. Because of covid my flights were entirely rerouted and I made the decision to remain in US for another 4 weeks (back then there was some hope things would be much different by now) but anyway I contacted EB and explained the situation and they got back to me in less than 24 hours and immediately made an adjustment to my account that prolonged my status into my new year beginning April 1. Just thought I would share in case it helps someone else similarly situated. Perhaps they are doing things on a case to case basis, obviously I dont know, but my experience with this particular issue, has been positive.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by JR67
There is a post over on businessclass.se where someone was credited both base points and segments.
Customer service (chat) also told me that segments are awarded. My flights have not yet been cancelled so I don’t know for sure.

I have sent an email to the Gold address to see if they will credit points for a cancelled LH flight as LH will not.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 4:51 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I too have contacted the SAS Gold email to credit a cancelled LH flight.

I wonder what they'll credit as the flight has been changed quite a bit due to corona, eventually being a mess of feeders departing after the main flight leaves and having some segments booked as doubles.

Preferably they'll award miles to the itinary as it was ore corona changed as that would be the most beneficial to me. (Some flights were eventually rebooked on airlines not within *A)

Will report back once I receive word.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 2:52 am

I just got credited a LH trip today. They credit them as "qualifying points", ie. they don't show up in my account activity and I can't use the points, but my point total for the period has been raised by the number of points I otherwise would have earned as basic points.
Aerospatiale likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:39 am

LH as in Lufthansa or LH in the sense of long haul? Just to make sure, as sometimes in this board, these two things get mixed up easily bz using the abbreviation.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by fassy
LH as in Lufthansa or LH in the sense of long haul? Just to make sure, as sometimes in this board, these two things get mixed up easily bz using the abbreviation.
Sorry, Lufthansa. Therefore I don’t know how segments are treated but as mentioned above I’ve been told by SK that they are also credited for SK flights.

In the LTG overview the points are visible as well.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 5:22 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by SASegments
Sorry, Lufthansa. Therefore I don’t know how segments are treated but as mentioned above I’ve been told by SK that they are also credited for SK flights.

In the LTG overview the points are visible as well.
Great news! Looking forward to receiving similar news for my cancelled LH trips.
How long did it take for the rep to come back to you and how long did it take from first contact to the points being credited?
I'd just like a reference to know what I have to expect.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.