Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Cake over Zoom?
Could be the problem... Physical distancing (apparently the new term) may be getting on everybody's nerves. Maybe that is why highupinthesky got incensed over a fairly innocuous statement - cabin fever. I am interested in seeing the future divorce trends as a result of husbands and wives being forced to actually spend time together.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JR67
Could be the problem... Physical distancing (apparently the new term) may be getting on everybody's nerves. Maybe that is why highupinthesky got incensed over a fairly innocuous statement - cabin fever. I am interested in seeing the future divorce trends as a result of husbands and wives being forced to actually spend time together.
Perhaps a getaway home reachable comfortably without flying is the new order of the day? Or maybe buying a Biltema???-sold tent to pitch in the garden comes with a vaccine for cabin fever instead of Scandinavian EBX status.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:02 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
There is a great Calvin and Hobbes Comic on this.

On an unrelated note: Domestic violence reports are up about 1/3 in Switzerland.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
There is a great Calvin and Hobbes Comic on this.

On an unrelated note: Domestic violence reports are up about 1/3 in Switzerland.
​​​​​​The one where they go camping in the rain?
Nick Art likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 12:45 pm

I am interested in seeing the future divorce trends as a result of husbands and wives being forced to actually spend time together.
Either that and/or also a baby boom in about 9 months time...
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​The one where they go camping in the rain?
Indeed!

It builds character
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
I think you should write to EuroBonus. The problem is not missing Gold this year, the problem is the gap it creates for the "Gold For Life" problem.
This is my problem I'm in year 8 of Gold For Life, I'd hate to have to start all over again. I hope SAS will do the right thing by there customers who have been loyal for so long.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
How do you write to EB? I don't find an email address anywhere!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:27 am
Suspended

Aegean’s extended its elite members’ membership year by an additional 6 months .... so the status remains valid for 6 more months beyond its usual expiration date and the period of time within which to acquire/retain the status is also extended by 6 months. But this means the membership year dates change, and that suits some people more than others.

SAS may end up doing much the same thing.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

To anybody missing less than 10k points to their status I can only suggest to buy the points or to change extra points for basic points. You can buy those at a ratio of 10 to 1 points or for 10 Euro per 100 points. I don't think that's terribly expensive and pretty much in line with how much a status run would cost for a similar amount points.

I'm sure SAS can use the money.
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:47 am
Suspended

To anybody missing less than 10k points to their status I can only suggest to buy the points or to change extra points for basic points. You can buy those at a ratio of 10 to 1 points or for 10 Euro per 100 points. I don't think that's terribly expensive and pretty much in line with how much a status run would cost for a similar amount points.

Maybe it’s possible to find someone who already got this coronavirus and has recovered and can travel within parts of the SAS network under the same name as someone who is short the qualifying points. This isn’t a serious suggestion.

Seriously, I would be surprised if SAS doesn’t extend the membership year.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

Except that most people wouldn't be doing status runs, but actually traveling because they need to travel. Paying an additional 1000 EUR for a status I don't even know if/when I can use, just doesn't fly. SAS have grounded most of their fleet, closed their lounges, stopped operating fast track... and I'm supposed to pay lots of money for that? I can't even find a way to contact them about this, and their Eurobonus COVID update page makes zero mention of this issue.
Superrman likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Given the current numbers a return to normality is expected to take place in June to August.

There are many reasons why you would want to keep the status: No interruption on your track to lifetime gold for example.
Or like my dad, he only did a few trips last year and was short 800 miles or so, so I just bought them, why not? He gets the status and I support an airline I like by it.
And looking at the current numbers I will only miss one of my three trips this year, so it's not exactly not worth it anymore to have status. If I had to I'd still spend that money for status despite only doing three to four trips a year.

Other people might have other priorities and opinions on this in terms of it being worth the money or not.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: More than one
What was wrong about the post?
A lot IMHO, but I doubt you and I will never agree on that, so let's leave it.
That p**** you off? Really? The only one here who acted inappropriately offensive to a totally innocent post was you.
You defend you right to bad mouthing SK for anything you don't like about them. I defend my right to call you an a.. for doing so. SK are not perfect, but no companies nor persons are that.
It's fair to disagree with SK, but please don't hit submit on posts which only purpose is to bad mouthing a company or person, like the one FFlash posted.

You just assumed he couldn't be Gold since he is living in Finland
Wrong. I wrote the likely hood of him being gold with a location in HEL is slim. This is well founded in facts since over 80% of the SK gold members are living in DK, NO or SE.
, you assumed he is made it all up because he didn't had the status recorded in his profile and now you assume he didn't had any reason to complain because it might be hard for him to prove SK he did a couple of flights booked? MAYBE, that was done through a corporate TA and after they cancelled all the flights, there is no evidence left? I usually do not bother downloading all the receipts from my TA if someone else picks up the bill.
I don't know any corporate TA, where they don't sent you or your personal assistant the itinerary as e-mail. I do quite a number of trips every year where someone else are doing the booking and picking up the bill too. I ALWAYS get an e-mail with the itinerary or as minimum the booking code. The booking code is all SK need to verify you were booked on the flights you claim were canceled.
And last but not least. Don't blame someone else for your own laziness.

If you do not have anything to say to help people, you might just say anything at all, no?
I would really look forward to the day you start practicing this.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Apr 1, 2020 at 9:39 am
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by ung1
How do you write to EB? I don't find an email address anywhere!
I only have the diamond mail address, but you can always use the customer service contact from https://www.care.flysas.com/SelfService/ClaimSAS/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.